Soldato
Ha ha ha ha ha

No universal healthcare
overpriced education system
No welfare system at all.
A lot of crime.
Massive wealth inequality.

Sounds like a great place to live.

Apparently the right to own rife, shotguns, automatic weapons and pistols is more important that universal healthcare.

Morally superior? My backside. America needs to grow up.

Associate
To be fair I'm not at all certain about the UK having better education.

I prefer attitudes in the US sometimes.. I'll explain:
Someone works in a shop or a coffee shop or in a cafe.

Here I often find someone in that position are derided.
In the US its "good for you" for going out an earning a living, however hard it might be.

Americans are generally more polite too.

Yeah there is a wealth divide, but news flash: that exists everywhere.
The recent increase in support for service personnel here is only an echo of how the US public have been treating theirs for years.
They are also more patriotic and proud - compare that with the constant moaning we have here.

There are good and bad points about every country and society, the US is no different.

Wise Guy
Soldato
Apparently the right to own rife, shotguns, automatic weapons and pistols is more important that universal healthcare.

Morally superior? My backside. America needs to grow up.

Self-defense is a more important right than universal healthcare (which isn't even a natural right). I'd say it is the most fundamental right of them all, because it secures all other rights.

Soldato
The USA is just that. It feels and acts just like a collection of small nation states. the disparity across cities and states between wealth, education, social harmony and healthcare is frightening.

Man of Honour
h, they make their houses out of sticks.

:

LOL, yet another person who can't see past rubbish bricks. What's so good about bricks? Are houses of made of bricks and are some of the worst in the devloped nations, regardless of what you think a house should be, size, energy efficient, sound proofing, long lasting, ares are poor in pretty much every area.

Associate
It used to be that only Europeans could immigrate, and only land owning white men could vote. It wasn't set up as a democracy it was set up as a constitutional republic.

Erm, methinks you need to go to Ellis Island, people from all over the world have been emigrating to the USA for hundreds of years.

"Where only white men could vote".. yeah they did have slavery - no, where did they get that idea? the British Empire maybe ?

Soldato
Self-defense is a more important right than universal healthcare (which isn't even a natural right). I'd say it is the most fundamental right of them all, because it secures all other rights.

Yet owning a gun is a natural right? Mother of the Goddess that's so dumb it's sublime.

I think my view on you has just been confirmed. Anybody who thinks letting other people suffer because they can't get care is OK as long as they get to own a gun is soft in the head.

Caporegime
If you could shoot some examples of when the USA produces the 'best in everything', perhaps people could better explain why, or why you're wrong.
best blue on blue in a combat situation.

anyone remember the friendly fire a10 warthog attacks when the pilots mistook the orange identifying marking ontop of british tanks for orange rockets on flatbed trucks FACEPALM

all insurgents paint there rockets orange so they stand out LOL

Soldato
LOL, yet another person who can't see past rubbish bricks. What's so good about bricks? Are houses of made of bricks and are some of the worst in the devloped nations, regardless of what you think a house should be, size, energy efficient, sound proofing, long lasting, ares are poor in pretty much every area.

Two acceptable building materials for houses in my mind. Brick or stone.

This modern tat is rubbish. My house, made from bricks, will still be here when all those poorly built modern flimflam things have become a pile of plasterboard filings...or whatever cheap material they're built from.

No I don't like modern house. :o

Wise Guy
Soldato
Yet owning a gun is a natural right? Mother of the Goddess that's so dumb it's sublime.

I think my view on you has just been confirmed. Anybody who thinks letting other people suffer because they can't get care is OK as long as they get to own a gun is soft in the head.

Why?

Self-defense is a natural right derived from the laws of nature. Taking care of the weak and sickly actually goes against the laws of nature. It's a right of the care provider to provide care if they wish. It's not a right of the sick for others to be FORCED to provide their care. It's tyranny, which bearing arms is there to protect against.

Associate

From a natural law perspective; you're absolutely right. A right is something you "have" by virtue of being sovereign. Universal healthcare, welfare state benefits, etc are things that are "given" to you by Government and can be revoked at any time.

Gun control is simply a mechanism by which Government, itself an entity of force & fire, bullies you into not owning a gun, by pointing a gun at you.

Soldato
But how come they are so powerful, how come the generate so many brilliant minds and so much brilliant technology?

Brilliant technology all comes down to funding.
They pour vast amounts of money into R&D which we simply cannot afford especially regarding military applications.
With their budget I'm sure our (European) scientists/designers could make technology just as amazing if not more so.

Is it's so brilliant though, how come when we finally get hold of it we tend to improve it, like we did with the Apache. Also we tend to make better use of what kit we have.

Don't forget that it was European scientists which lead to the nuclear bomb and also were behind the missile technology which enabled man to travel into space and to the moon.

But in terms of morals, I'd have to say no, they're not superior to 'us'.

Doesn't the US have the highest prison population % in the world? With most of those being African American? As well as enforcing the death penalty in some States.
Way to go moral superiority!

Last edited:
Wise Guy
Soldato
For the grossest over-simplification imagine you are a doctor in a town full of heroin addicts who have given themselves AIDS through their lifestyle choice.

Scenario A.

You are free to provide care and help to whoever you want. If your morals dictate you should help the addicts you can do so.

Scenario B.

The police come to your house and hold a gun at your head and force you to take care of the addicts.

Which is a more moral system?

Soldato
Why?

Self-defense is a natural right derived from the laws of nature. Taking care of the weak and sickly actually goes against the laws of nature. It's a right of the care provider to provide care if they wish. It's not a right of the sick for others to be FORCED to provide their care. It's tyranny, which bearing arms is there to protect against.

What makes nature the correct way to do things?

Caporegime
Is it's so brilliant though, how come when we finally get hold of it we tend to improve it, like we did with the Harrier

You do realise the Harrier is british right? we sold it to the americans....

Hawker Siddeley made the harriers... they were a british company.

they are now part of BAE systems which is also a british company and one of the leaders in their field

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom