The Division. Are we interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Actually, the specs indicate it could be better than we're expecting of Ubisoft?

For minimum requirements, you’ll need 3GB of RAM, an AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ or an Intel Core 2 Duo E6700. On the GPU side you will want at least an AMD R7 250 or an Nvidia GeForce GTS 450.

Those looking to crank up the settings will apparently need an AMD Phenom II x6 1100T or an Intel Core i5-4430 CPU, 6GB of RAM and an AMD R9 280 or Nvidia GTX 760 graphics card. As we noted, some sources are claiming that this information came straight from Ubisoft but there is no trace to back up those claims at present so this information may end up being false.

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/here-are-the-rumored-pc-requirements-for-the-division/

Soldato
I vote with my wallet and this will be no different, I've only ever pre-ordered one game and that was L4D2 so would need reviews to make a decision here. Fact that this is from Ubisoft who don't treat their customers with very much respect and most of their games need time after release to be in good condition just means I'd want to give them as little money as possible. If this turns out to be good then I'd only pick this up in a sale.

Soldato
The game ran at <10 fps on my 280x crossfire setup.

The game ran perfectly on my stock i5-2500 and single GTX-750Ti OC. Shock horror as PC game runs differently on different hardware.

It's more likely and plausible that the conversation was more like "this is running like absolute crap, start cutting rendering options out until it runs at a respectable framerate on normal settings".

That might have been more plausible IF it weren't for the fact that enabling the hidden options actually made it run better/smoother for me (and from reading around the web, for many other people too).

Note that these were hidden settings that were already in the game. It wasn't anything which was created/optimised by a modder, it was simply a set of hidden config options which were enabled by the "mod".

Soldato
Been watching this for sometime too, just hoping they pull it off. It looks gorgeous, just hoping it comes together to be very realistic and immersive. Coop is my fav game play type so this could be good if the AI is realistic and a nice big open world.

Caporegime
Some 'unofficial' news, NOT confirmed but carries some info apparently gleaned from Alpha testing.

Summarised below thanks to someone on Reddit:

Dark Zones are entered seamlessly, but you must go through a "decontamination chamber" to enter them
Player count in Dark Zones will be 50-100 players
You receive a meter akin to a Wanted Level which makes you more visible/notorious and easier for players to find you
You have the option to find and work with other teams you come across in the dark zones
There are dynamic missions (possibly public events) and NPCs in the dark zones
Loot found will be "contaminated" and must be decontaminated before you can use it
Go bag will be split into 2 sections, Normal Items and Rare/Contaminated Items with higher stats
There are colors/shaders you can apply to weapons
Social Zones will likely contain over 100 players
Alpha testers have noticed game world changing in real time (lighting, walled off areas, closed buildings on the fly by the dev team)
Destruction is a big part of the game
Skill trees can let you see through walls and with the right weapon and ammo you can shoot enemies through the walls
Group AI will be similar to Assassins Creed with a Group Leader that gives a moral/stat buff to surrounding enemies
Enemies will be extremely aggressive
One scenario described a heavily armored enemy throwing a flashbang and then instructing other enemies to flank the players
Enemies have sniper rifles, flash bangs, shields, and flamethrowers
Weapon system similar to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Map size could be as large, if not larger than GTAV
Alpha Tester area is approximately the size of Downtown Los Santos in GTAV, the rest is walled off
Crafting includes scopes, barrels, suppressors, magazines etc
Each item quality is graded by Green/Blue/Purple etc
Armor and gear (hat, gloves) can be crafted as well
The color of clothing seems realistic (i.e. no hot pink agents roaming NYC)
Your crafted item is unique to you
Gear will be visibly rare to others
Controls are receiving very positive feedback
Controls akin to Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell Blacklist
Online is working well - one tester got kicked out but the game automatically rejoined him
Alpha testers saying there's "no reason to worry" it's already running great, better than some fully released games today and shouldn't have any issue releasing on holiday 2015

Soldato
Some 'unofficial' news, NOT confirmed but carries some info apparently gleaned from Alpha testing.

Summarised below thanks to someone on Reddit:

Dark Zones are entered seamlessly, but you must go through a "decontamination chamber" to enter them
Player count in Dark Zones will be 50-100 players
You receive a meter akin to a Wanted Level which makes you more visible/notorious and easier for players to find you
You have the option to find and work with other teams you come across in the dark zones
There are dynamic missions (possibly public events) and NPCs in the dark zones
Loot found will be "contaminated" and must be decontaminated before you can use it
Go bag will be split into 2 sections, Normal Items and Rare/Contaminated Items with higher stats
There are colors/shaders you can apply to weapons
Social Zones will likely contain over 100 players
Alpha testers have noticed game world changing in real time (lighting, walled off areas, closed buildings on the fly by the dev team)
Destruction is a big part of the game
Skill trees can let you see through walls and with the right weapon and ammo you can shoot enemies through the walls
Group AI will be similar to Assassins Creed with a Group Leader that gives a moral/stat buff to surrounding enemies
Enemies will be extremely aggressive
One scenario described a heavily armored enemy throwing a flashbang and then instructing other enemies to flank the players
Enemies have sniper rifles, flash bangs, shields, and flamethrowers
Weapon system similar to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Map size could be as large, if not larger than GTAV
Alpha Tester area is approximately the size of Downtown Los Santos in GTAV, the rest is walled off
Crafting includes scopes, barrels, suppressors, magazines etc
Each item quality is graded by Green/Blue/Purple etc
Armor and gear (hat, gloves) can be crafted as well
The color of clothing seems realistic (i.e. no hot pink agents roaming NYC)
Your crafted item is unique to you
Gear will be visibly rare to others
Controls are receiving very positive feedback
Controls akin to Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell Blacklist
Online is working well - one tester got kicked out but the game automatically rejoined him
Alpha testers saying there's "no reason to worry" it's already running great, better than some fully released games today and shouldn't have any issue releasing on holiday 2015

Is it overly cynical of me to wonder if that's actually unofficial, or if really its just more PR lies from Ubi themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom