• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX Titan X owners thread.

Soldato
I don't do enough (but a fair bit) in Sony Vegas to worry about it and the rendering times are quick enough already in fairness. I primarily game and it delivers what I need for 1440P and at a price I am happy to pay.

For those that say it is too expensive for the gains, fair one and the 390X isn't that far away and I would expect a 6GB cut down 980Ti as well to compete. So for those like me who are impatient, I am sold but for those with patience, enjoy :)

It was never really going to make sense financially.

Wouldn't mind a play and could easily by selling my TBs but tbh I think I would end up seriously regretting it.

Instead I just spent two days changing my rig accent colour from purple to orange.

Total cost about £80 lol. Keeps me happy !!

One thing is for sure, my bottle is growing when it comes to painting the Titan Blacks black lol. Heck, I could even afford to send the coolers away to a pro painter :D

Soldato
Looks very good Andy :)

Thanks chap. Yeah I'm pretty stoked with it. Will get some better pics when the sun comes out tomorrow. It was purple and black and 90% done, now it's orange and black and 95% done :D

hehehe I never finish anything :D

Deffo going to strip down the Titans and send the coolers off though. Might go for powder coat if they're all proper metal.

Man of Honour
OP
x05ORNS.png

http://www.techpowerup.com/210777/evga-announces-its-geforce-gtx-titan-x-hydrocopper.html

Associate
I'm almost ready to commit to one of these though it depends on price. Currently have 2 x 780's but starting to have real issues with SLI. I don't think a single titan will outpace my current setup but I think it will be close enough to not really notice. What do you guys think? I've just about had it with SLI for now.

Soldato
I'm almost ready to commit to one of these though it depends on price. Currently have 2 x 780's but starting to have real issues with SLI. I don't think a single titan will outpace my current setup but I think it will be close enough to not really notice. What do you guys think? I've just about had it with SLI for now.

A single overclocked Titan X is just as quick as 980s in Sli - I'd say they'd outpace your 780s ;)

Soldato
Hmm, sorely tempted to buy one today. Not sure why but just got a text message after paying off my barclaycard down to about a £500 balance and it says ''we've upped your limit to £3000 today'' hmmmmmm...................

Soldato

A single overclocked Titan X is just as quick as 980s in Sli - I'd say they'd outpace your 780s ;)

I don't think it's as fast as 980 sli but would agree it's around 780 sli performance.

Associate
I was genuinely thinking about this until I saw the temps :| Water cooling is a definite no go for me with the amount of times the computer has to travel about.

Soldato
Associate
Thanks Triss, I read someone's post saying it's up to 100c, teaches me for not reading the proper reviews.

Would one of these do at 1440 maxing all current games out (Witcher 3 included) or would I be better getting another 980 to go SLI?

Back
Top Bottom