• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***AMD Freesync owners thread***

Soldato
tommybhoy said:
ASUS MG279Q FreeSync Certified!:eek:

Lb48B2w.png
Looked at the article on PC Perspective and they are saying it's going to be $599, so with VAT around £500, which I would be happy to pay.

This is probally the first monitor in nearly 6 years that has really caught my eye, would hope something like this would last me another 6 years, that would also mean 6 years worth of AMD graphics cards. :eek:

Link >> http://www.pcper.com/news/Displays/ASUS-MG279Q-Monitor-Now-Officially-FreeSync-Monitor

Soldato
Well, the upcoming Acer XR341CK (3440x1440p IPS Gsync 144hz curved) is as close to perfection as you can get, but who knows how much that will cost.

Soldato
Guys

Does Freesync works on not with the 295X2? The standard answer is NO, currently.

However please bear in mind that the question above implies that :

a) There is an explicit CCC profile for the game disalbing CF.

b) On 15.3 drivers, the Force CF support on games with no profile is unchecked.

c) ULPS is ON

d) According to MSI AB the 2nd gpu is snoring

e)raptr is off.

The reason is that, while I see huge difference especially in TESO on areas where before felt like "fast slideshow" (35fps), everyone says "you talk bllcks Freesync isn't working with 295X2".

Is it my perception, the diffent monitor (old was XL2410T new XL2730Z) or actually Freesync works if I have forced the games to run on single GPU with the 295X2?

Thnx.

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
Dropped another review into the front page.

Should I buy an AMD FreeSync Monitor?
Overall we’re totally won over by AMD FreeSync. Just as we found with Nvidia G-Sync, the impact of a technology that removes tearing and stuttering is far greater than you might imagine, making gaming smoother, more immersive and thus more enjoyable.

Moreover, with FreeSync AMD has created a technology that truly feels like the next leap in monitor technology. Nvidia may have shown the way with G-Sync but the open solution AMD has pushed for is clearly a better long term proposition for monitor manufacturers and consumers. We’re convinced it will simply be standard in a year or two.

Got it yesterday, I love it.

Been reading about it in the monitor section, user reports are looking good and hoping it's going to fit where it's intended to sit or I'm in trouble:eek:, fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom