**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
Game looks quite nice, and if they use Gamebryo yet again... at least it'll be easy to mod :D I mean, it's an awful engine that really has nothing else going for it.

The one hype killer however is the price. O_o

Not sure if New Vegas counts, it wasn't made by them and it isn't one of the main entries either, which means 4 could potentially be 8 years of work, even if it started slow :eek:

Should be preeeeeetty good.

That is true, I never considered that.

I did laugh to myself about the price, but then I've found it for £22 on G2Play, so I've pre-ordered it there. I will pre-order a game I'm extremely interested in if it's £25 or less, and ones that I'm mildly interested in, but I know I'll definitely play on release if it's £18 or less.

Soldato
That is true, I never considered that.

I did laugh to myself about the price, but then I've found it for £22 on G2Play, so I've pre-ordered it there. I will pre-order a game I'm extremely interested in if it's £25 or less, and ones that I'm mildly interested in, but I know I'll definitely play on release if it's £18 or less.

£22 you say? Is it a key then and there or do you have to potentially wait even past release to get the key? Had that from a few key sites in the past, but for £28 less I think that's worth it. :D

Soldato
I paid with PayPal, just in case.

Also I've just come across some information;

https://np.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

That's a really rather interesting read.

Was having a nice read up until

or on the PC version, a new "Classic Mode" that will put the game into birds eye view and play similar to the classic Fallout Games. (Although by my experience, it actually looked and played more like the PS2/Xbox Fallout: Brotherhood of steel.)

Talking out of his arse, definitely is a troll after trying to get away with making us believe that.

Soldato
Bare in mind that this person posted all this 11 months ago. They got the announcement date correct, the footage date correct and the release date that done retailers leaked, correct too. It's also a she :p

If that is true, it'll be an option to choose from, not standard.

Associate
A more Realistic price but a bit to early to order yet.

I really find it amazing what people consider a 'realistic' price to be for products like this.

When I hit the pub in Leicester Sq. after work and I buy a round (couple of pints, G&T, Rum & Ginger Beer let's say) it's typically going to come to around £20-25. That's pretty normal for London...

and that's for about 30 minutes of entertainment.

I expect to get a hundred hours out of this.

Soldato
I really find it amazing what people consider a 'realistic' price to be for products like this.

When I hit the pub in Leicester Sq. after work and I buy a round (couple of pints, G&T, Rum & Ginger Beer let's say) it's typically going to come to around £20-25. That's pretty normal for London...

and that's for about 30 minutes of entertainment.

I expect to get a hundred hours out of this.

Some consider alcohol to be a complete waste of money, so has no value.

The value of something is what you make of it.

Breaking the cost of a game in hours enjoyed doesn't really make any sense.

Soldato
Makes perfect sense to me!

So you buy a game for £20, you get 20 hours of play out of it. That makes for £1 an hour.

Are you going to readily buy a game for £200 that gives you over 200 hours of play time? Over 200 hours means it's "better" value than the £20 game.

Associate
So you buy a game for £20, you get 20 hours of play out of it. That makes for £1 an hour.

Are you going to readily buy a game for £200 that gives you over 200 hours of play time? Over 200 hours means it's "better" value than the £20 game.

Well when you factor in games such as DAoC and WoW which I've probably spent thousands of hours playing and the cost of the initial game + expansions and subscription is hundreds of pounds for each I consider that pretty good value.

Obviously it's not as linear as you suggest, there must be diminishing returns. I am merely pricing time spent being entertained. A cinema ticket is £15 these days...

Soldato
I think MMOs are a colossal waste of money, and cinema tickets are very expensive for what they are.

But really, you can't have it both ways. Price per time enjoyed either makes sense or it doesn't. You can't say it has diminishing returns when posed with such a question.

Back
Top Bottom