**** Official LG G4 Discussion Thread ****

Soldato
I'll try the update on another pc to see if that helps. Will wait till I see my sister next. Not impressed with the update tool at all.

Also LG's version of ODIN looks pants. I have the update ROM Downloaded but the flash tool looks like a lot of effort and I'm too tired for that right now.

Soldato
Got wireless charging working now courtesy of a £5 sticker from Aliexpress :p

ExkXheUdfMsUY5X3KZQkR7D8509wY7lSRFmfiyY0ws8=w640

Had to make a small modification to get the sticker to make contact with the pins on the back, but seems fine now. Will probably pick up the official LG charging stand for it soon.

Soldato
Soldato
Incase people weren't aware a Root has now been released, A few days and weeks and hopefully the Roms will follow.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/orig-development/root-tmo-vzw-intl-variants-soon-root-lg-t3164765

I've been rooted for a few weeks now, as usual I had a couple of niggles getting drivers working but easy enough after that :)

I quite like the way a couple of companies have gone with unlocking bootloaders, first HTC and now LG. You just have to register on the LG website and forgo any warranty returns and they let you unlock.

Soldato
I think this may well be my next phone, upgrading from a G2 and love the back buttons.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably sturdy case and screen protector please? Cheers.

Soldato
Pulled the trigger on one of these today, backed into a corner with my borked Nexus 5, CPW say it'll be a 3 week turnaround to repair. The G4 should arrive tomorrow morning.
I'm mildly concerned about the dimensions, 5in seems like the maximum comfortable screen size to me, but we'll see.
I'm also surprised about the lack of native wireless charging support, I know you can get an official case that introduces it, but still...
I'll likely go the same route that Scottland has above, no sense in having a wireless charger and not using it!
I have no experience of the LG UI, but I'm assuming that it can't be anything like as bad as TouchWiz?

Back
Top Bottom