Amazon Black Friday Sales *NO COMPETITOR PRODUCTS TO BE DISCUSSED*

Soldato
I ordered something with super saver delivery two days ago, It still hasn't been dispatched and chat say there isn't a problem. I guess they're a tad busy!? :p

Commissario
I ordered something with super saver delivery two days ago, It still hasn't been dispatched and chat say there isn't a problem. I guess they're a tad busy!? :p

IIRC when I was using Supersaver it often took 3-5 days to ship then arrived via the same method as paid for delivery.

I think Amazon simply use Supersaver as a way to manage deliveries based on courier and dispatch capacity.

At the moment I'm racking up digital credits with Amazon as a Prime member if you choose "non urgent" as the delivery option you get a 99p credit, this week it's often been £3 a time, even on items that are already discounted to <£10

Soldato
grabbed a 50cm x 37cm deep cat litter tray for a £12 to put our new dehumidifier in, just in case it decides to spew out 3 litres of water one day. not impressed with the delivery time though, dec 9th - jan 2nd i guess they're busy this time of year.

Soldato
Just bought a set of Stanley screwdrivers for £5.99, and a Scratch for Kids book for £7 instead of £18 so my son can learn a bit of programming.

Last edited:
Caporegime
IIRC when I was using Supersaver it often took 3-5 days to ship then arrived via the same method as paid for delivery.

I think Amazon simply use Supersaver as a way to manage deliveries based on courier and dispatch capacity.

At the moment I'm racking up digital credits with Amazon as a Prime member if you choose "non urgent" as the delivery option you get a 99p credit, this week it's often been £3 a time, even on items that are already discounted to <£10

Correct. I selected free delivery and got an email two days after I bought it telling me it will be dispatched by 24 hour courier on 2nd December. Fair enough.

Commissario
I just realised, you can buy something for about £3 from Amazon and get a £3 digital credit if you're a prime member...

I think that takes my digital credit up to about £30 over this blackfriday sale, for not spending all that much.

Associate
I just realised, you can buy something for about £3 from Amazon and get a £3 digital credit if you're a prime member...

I think that takes my digital credit up to about £30 over this blackfriday sale, for not spending all that much.

Can you explain this a bit more?

Soldato
Been using the no rush option to get £3 digital credit and they have now delivered 2 packages in a row on the second day, really can't complain at that.

Commissario
Can you explain this a bit more?

Basically if you're an amazon prime user (you pay £80* a year and get free next day delivery, prime video, music etc), but you choose "no rush" for your deliveries you normally get a 99p credit for amazon's digital services such as ebooks and mp3s.

At the moment you get £3 credit, so depending on what you're buying you can get it effectively free.

For example I ordered a DVD that's been in my basket "to buy later" for £3.60, with the prime credit it means it was effectively only 60p
Or I bought a book in the "lightning deals" that was down to £8, with the credit it's effectively worked out at a fiver.

So the result of choosing the "no rush" option is that I'm at nearly £30's worth of amazon digital credit :)

This assumes you make use of Amazon's digital services, which I do as I tend to buy books from them.

*They do offers as low as £50 from time to time.

Associate
I've been looking at the lightning deals but there's so much dross it makes the whole experience so tedious. I know people have different interests but really it should be 20 deals a day on decent items.

Like why is this a lightning deal? :confused: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DZK08QI/

Agreed - there is too much stuff to look through (2k plus items per day). It was better when there were 4 or 5 things an hour as a deal.

I'm also not sure I've seen anything particularly great this year although I did pick up a nail gun I'd wanted for a while.

Soldato
There is a Mondaine Evo watch for £60, which is around half the price they are normally/elsewhere. It's my birthday in a couple of weeks so my other half is going to buy it for me from my kids. :)

Soldato
Really strange deals today, lots of car parts on at the moment. Guess left the worst of the sales till last but happy overall as I have managed to get all my Christmas fillers bought now and have a lot of digital credit to boot.

Back
Top Bottom