NEARLY 2 YEARS WAITING: New Mustang GT PP is finally mine!

OcUK Staff
OP
looks fantastic new rs or this I know what I would have

RS would have being the much better car this morning that is for sure. :D

IMG_5577.jpg

I love the dash! :)

You can change the dash, ambient lights to any colour you wish, a nice cool feature.

Also impressive is the car has electronic/display gauges that you can toggle through for AFR, Cylinder head temp, oil temp, oil pressure, coolant temp, vacuum pressure, g-force, acceleration stats, tyre pressures and a load more things.

Only thing missing is no digital speedo, but I believe it is possible by a button combination when starting but the dials are easy to see, I've gone with deep blue for the dials and ambient lighting for now, but green and orange are pretty cool colours also.

Soldato
Oh, you were getting one of these?

j/k :p

Congrats on a stunning car, your thread over the last few months has been making me weigh up the options on getting one...though for now I think a test drive in Peterborough will have to suffice :D

OcUK Staff
OP
How is the nav? It's something that Ford have done really badly in the past.

Its brilliant, better than my TomTom for sure, seems as good as my iphone google maps but it has more features, I particular like the hazard warnings, which basically warns you for fixed camera positions. But it is good, easy to see and follow and just seems to work.

The GM Tahoe satnav was better in the fact it was 3D whereas Ford is just an over top view or angled view more map style, whereas the GM Tahoe had a full 3D nav, but the downside to that it was not as easy to use.

I like it m8, touchscreen is responsive and fast, I particular like how I can customise the background as well, I just like how Ford let you truly customise the car inside to you with the lighting, Sync 2 system etc and it paired with my phone easily and works well.

Soldato
This is it, for me the closest thing to this is the F-Type R, admittedly out the box that is a much faster car, but out of current new cars it is one of the few that is plonking an NA V8 with great sound track into a sports GT coupe.
:D

The F-Type R is supercharged?

OcUK Staff
OP
Awesome!!! :cool: :D

Did you turn traction control off in the snow? How was it?

Seems quite progressive but I don't think I tried pushing it sideways any more than 20mph but the rear starts to move, slowly steer into it and it straightens even with power kept on. But I am not going to try anything fast or pushing the car until weather improves, with me in it, a full tank of fuel and a passenger it is nearly 2 tonne, I suspect if it lets go big time things could get messy. But it does have a lot more grip than the M3 does which is surprising, but the M3 does have better balance and is quicker to change direction. The Mustang feels a tad floaty/bouncy in comparison, but the front-end on the Mustang is a lot more direct and seems to turn in better. But it is way to early to compare it to anything, I've hardly truly pushed it yet or had the weather conditions to do so.

The M3 is a hooligan even in crap weather I do silly things in it and its a joy, the Mustang is a bigger beast but seems equally as progressive. But right now the Mustang I just want to drive it, the E46 M3 had a character, but the Mustang even more so. :)

Associate
Hope you loving it Gibbo. I really cannot wait for mine. Seeing deliveries each week on M6G is making it all the worse too!

I see meets over summer and try and get the 2 together. Hopefully I will have been able to get a Corsa Extreme on it by then.

Associate
Seems quite progressive but I don't think I tried pushing it sideways any more than 20mph but the rear starts to move, slowly steer into it and it straightens even with power kept on. But I am not going to try anything fast or pushing the car until weather improves, with me in it, a full tank of fuel and a passenger it is nearly 2 tonne, I suspect if it lets go big time things could get messy. But it does have a lot more grip than the M3 does which is surprising, but the M3 does have better balance and is quicker to change direction. The Mustang feels a tad floaty/bouncy in comparison, but the front-end on the Mustang is a lot more direct and seems to turn in better. But it is way to early to compare it to anything, I've hardly truly pushed it yet or had the weather conditions to do so.

The M3 is a hooligan even in crap weather I do silly things in it and its a joy, the Mustang is a bigger beast but seems equally as progressive. But right now the Mustang I just want to drive it, the E46 M3 had a character, but the Mustang even more so. :)

Looks amazing, I want one and I don't want to wait a year :(

What do you mean by progressive?

Back
Top Bottom