** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

Soldato
Thanks RJK. Order placed :)

I have the damn EK R9 Nano pre-filled block here waiting almost a week :)
And the H100i has died few weeks, now. Any overclocks and CPU hits 82C on idle. So stock speeds only :(

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
stock is here now guys

we will be shipping any replacements and new orders today as long as they are fully processed.

anyone waiting for the stock to land, please contact us so that we can arrange your replacement.

Don
stock is here now guys

we will be shipping any replacements and new orders today as long as they are fully processed.

anyone waiting for the stock to land, please contact us so that we can arrange your replacement.

Hi rjk,

My RMA was confirmed as arrived at OC today, Will the replacement 360 be dispatched automatically ?

Ta.

Soldato
Yeah, i can't go back to air cooling.

Going to be adding a Bitspower heatsink and using different tubing and also adding a block to my 980ti... i've got a few spare rads i can add if i'm not liking the temps.

I only really went for this as it seems a tidy setup.

Don

Going to be adding a Bitspower heatsink and using different tubing and also adding a block to my 980ti... i've got a few spare rads i can add if i'm not liking the temps.

I am waiting for OCUK to get the pre-filled blocks as it seems a nice easy way to cool the GFX card without draining etc.

Soldato

Just wondering whether you need to drain the loop before installing the heatsink?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
glad to hear thats been sorted quickly for you guys

I am setting up some pre filled stuff soon

the ones i have on my list are titanx/TI, wf3, tf5 and strix 980 and 970

Soldato
Step 1.

Predator 360 installed. Tbh is easy installation especially considering the sheer size.
Plugged everything, the block is superb and damn mirror finish. 24 years building my own systems, fist time I see a block with mirror finish from the start. Usually they require quite a bit grinding with 1200-2000 grade paper. This one doesn't needed it. I put it on straight away.

Step 2.
Powered the PC. PWM sets everything to 100%. However where with the H100i the 4820K idle at 26-32C, with the Predator idles at 6C!!!!!!!
Need to sort out the fan speed.

Step 3. (ongoing process) done.
Remove the R9 Nano HSF and install the EK prefilled block.

Thoughts.

a) I love the flexibility of the tubes. The H100i are rigit as hell needing bending.

b) I can use the top of my case. The H100i worked only vertically. Horizontally temps were skyrocket (could be the damage pump?) So I was using a Γ mount for it.

Edit :
c) Using the QDC only single drop of liquid was "showing" it self on the female connector when unplugged both the to plug the Nano on the loop.
And I didn't lost lost those drops either :D

All in all, the system works fine. I will post photos tomorrow when I re-organise the cabling and pipes, because I dismantle the whole system and is late already :D

Last edited:
Associate
glad to hear thats been sorted quickly for you guys

I am setting up some pre filled stuff soon

the ones i have on my list are titanx/TI, wf3, tf5 and strix 980 and 970

Hi Rjk,

Got an approximate eta on these? I'm strongly thinking about moving to the 360 pred and adding in the GPU to the loop (rather than my current G10/H55 solution).

Last edited:
Soldato
Question on EKWB Predator Revision 1.1.

I Like the better mounting backplate for 115X sockets in R1.1 instead of taking off mobo backplate. Nicely done on the better install for 115X users EK :) Might buy one now, but wanted to know if it's easy to swap out fans on the RAD? I wanted to use LED fans?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
fans are easy to swap. i can bet your led fans will perform worse than the supplied ones though.

Back
Top Bottom