Dark Souls 3

Soldato
First impressions:

- Getting used to a shield is going to take some time coming straight from finishing Bloodborne. I roll too often.
- Getting used to new weapons is going to take some time coming from using Ludwigs for hours.
- Looks good and runs very nicely at 60fps. It makes timing things so much easier compared with 30fps.

Soldato
I try to but everyone ignores me!

Whoops...I was 'helping' someone in road of sacrifices and we cleared an area and there was an area slightly above...he kept hitting his sword at the wall (cudnt jump to it too high) I remember wondering to myself dude what r u doing? :o. it was only later I realised that on that upper bit there was an item (phantoms can't see them) whoops lol my bad! :o

Soldato
I'm in ng+ and I'm wondering at what point it is going to become impossible!... So far it has been very easy, just coming up to Cathedral of the Deep. At some point I will struggle though no doubt and find it ramps up difficulty quite steeply.

I have been chopping and changing armour so much. Atm I'm settled on Artorias set with the Dancer's crown which I thnk looks pretty good.

I am still disappointed that nothing changes for ng+ thoigh. I've upgraded my estus as much as you can so I've got shards doing nothing and there is no point collecting any more. You'd think they would change the item in that case.

I am enjoying it second time round though. Appreciating some or the areas a bit more too.

PS. Not as big a fan of the Artorias set as I was in DS1 tbh. I prefer that one.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Because people value trolling over actual game content. It's a shame they exist in the community.

Was summoned by somebody doing it earlier at Pontiff bonfire, may sound like an overreaction but it's basically destroyed my spirit for PVP in this game now, knowing that you could be summoned to 1v1 thatat an organised place is pretty ****. I wonder what would happen if someone bought a trollshield build to a fight club, 5v1'd? :D

Yep, poise has been switched off and only activates during that exploit or when attacking with a great weapon. Same as armors being purely cosmetic like Bloodborne, Havel's barely protects you anymore than the master's attire and a lioncloth, and it's poise stat is worthless.

I prefer it. Can look good without being punished as the big armors look stupid, and poise was always cheap, especially the Havel mages and Havelstoc guys in the previous games.

Soldato
anyone on NG+ yet, killed all the bosses, messed around in PVP, just wondering if i should go to NG+ or not

For some reason, I don't think I will?...

Simply because it's not open like DS1, it's fairly linear and I feel that once I've cleared an area, it's 'cleared'. I'll try and play again with a different build. But not NG+.

Soldato
anyone on NG+ yet, killed all the bosses, messed around in PVP, just wondering if i should go to NG+ or not

Nah not much point really unless you want any +1 rings.
I just started a new playthough, but not actually sure I want to, and may just learn to semi-speedrun it instead like I did with 2.

I liked the game but felt some areas were a little poor in quality - like the swamps and Archdragon Peak, that suffered from really frustrating layouts.

However the bosses were awesome throughout the game (Still need to kill Nameless King though) and the significant nods to ds1 were a nice touch.

Associate
Thx guys, I am inclined to agree, not fussed about trophies or the odd item that appears in NG+, shame really as I wished they mix it up a bit for NG+

I think better value will be starting a new character with a different build

Soldato
Thx guys, I am inclined to agree, not fussed about trophies or the odd item that appears in NG+, shame really as I wished they mix it up a bit for NG+

I think better value will be starting a new character with a different build

I'm currently a full dex build with a pyro spell thrown in (flame weapon... So cool).

Next time I think I'll go sorcerer.

Back
Top Bottom