*** Official WATCH_DOGS 2 ***

Associate
Slightly OT, but can anyone confirm they've purchased successfully via Uplay? I've purchased games with no issue before, and as I have a 20% code to use wanted to use Uplay rather than Steam.

However their new payment system seems to believe my post code is invalid. I've tried with and without the space, updated my address details etc - all of which validates in my Uplay account, but it just won't take payment.

Edit: Contacted Upisoft, apparently this is a known problem with card payments and is being investigated, Paypal will still work ok. Quite surprised to be saying this but Ubi's customer service was quick to respond and also replaced the discount codes that were used up in my failed attempts to purchase.

Now downloading watch dogs and looking forward to playing.

Last edited:
Associate
Having huge problems downloading this. Uplay keeps becoming unresponsive and I have to restart the app, then the download starts from scratch every time :(

Associate
I'm tempted to get this on console simply so OH can play it too!

Or has UPlay changed now and it allows more than one user on a PC to play a game with their own saves and progress etc?

I've never tried, but you can certainly log into uplay as other users. If not, the game does have 3 save slots.

Associate
Can anyone help, i've downloaded the game and i can't access the online as it says "You don't have easyanticheat installed.

I can't find the download for it and i'm just confused.

It worked last night, i turn my pc off went to bed and woke up this morning and it wouldn't work.

Anyone else had the problem or know how to solve it?

Edit: Solved now if you come up against the same problem as me just validate your files and it should work. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
yes steam requires uplay

this game is pretty well optimized to be honest.

however i actaully prefer Watch dogs over Watch Dogs 2
The story of WD is better
The side stuff i find better
The cinemtics were better

Watch dogs 2 just feels like an open world with side missions. even the main story feels more like side mission

im not Really enjoying it that much. its good but not greaty.

I put 80+ hours into Watch dogs

also the drone/jumper thing is just boring compared to the old style puzzles

i feel like im playing it for the sake of playing it...

same as rise of the Tomb raider

Associate
Can anyone help my brother?

He is running it on the lowest settings at 1080p, his avg is about 29fps and dips a lot to 4 fps while driving fast, in gun fights or doing pretty much anything.

Checked everything, V-sync isn't enabled and everything is turned down to the lowest.

His system specs are

I5 3570K
8gb ram
GTX 780

Any help/advice? He's running the latest nvidia drivers and he's tried reinstalling the game on his SSD and it still isn't running very well.

Caporegime
Patch Out

Watch_Dogs 2 - Update 1.06.135.3 Changelog:

* Improved stability on AMD Crossfire systems - This patch fixes instability on Crossfire systems (AMD dual GPU systems).

* Fixed Donut NPCs Glitch - After downloading this patch, PC players will no longer see hilarious hordes of Donut people roaming the streets. Only a regular number of Donut people should now be seen on the streets.

This patch also has the same fixes as the latest console patch:

Online Performance

* [Performance] Game Crashing - This patch will have various crash fixes for a smoother gameplay experience.

* [Online & Multiplayer] Seamless Online - Players should now experience improved reliability of seamless online and matchmaking through the Multiplayer App.

* [Multiplayer] Activity Frequency - This patch fixes the issue of the cooldown resetting after a player dies while being the target of a hack during Online Invasions. Players should now experience regular cooldown times and a normal frequency of getting hacked during their gameplay.

* [Online Invasions] Target Detecting Hackers through walls using NetHack - Some players reported being able to detect Hackers through walls using NetHack during Online Invasions. This bug is fixed in this patch.

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/watch_dogs_2_first_pc_update.html

Associate
I've never tried, but you can certainly log into uplay as other users. If not, the game does have 3 save slots.

But can I buy a game and install it on OH's PC using my UPlay, then she can log in on her account and play it? Or is it restricted to one PC?

With a console she can just put the disc in and play it.

I didn't have success getting Track Mania to run on a single PC logged into another account so hoping it's changed.

Associate
But can I buy a game and install it on OH's PC using my UPlay, then she can log in on her account and play it? Or is it restricted to one PC?

With a console she can just put the disc in and play it.

I didn't have success getting Track Mania to run on a single PC logged into another account so hoping it's changed.

Although I can't confirm this for certain, I am fairly sure that you won't be able to do that. The game would reside on your Uplay account and would not be present when your OH logs in, she'd have to log in to your account and use a separate save slot.

This is the way things have gone in the age of digital games sadly, even Steam will only allow you to share your games with another user if you're not actively playing any Steam title.

Associate
Although I can't confirm this for certain, I am fairly sure that you won't be able to do that. The game would reside on your Uplay account and would not be present when your OH logs in, she'd have to log in to your account and use a separate save slot.

This is the way things have gone in the age of digital games sadly, even Steam will only allow you to share your games with another user if you're not actively playing any Steam title.

At least the steam method is fair. I don't expect to be able to run one copy at the same time. Just to be able to install games on both machines and be able to play one instance on either. Seems to work fine until games use their own DRM.

Will likely get after I finish Dishonored as I liked the first Watch Dogs.

Back
Top Bottom