*** Official WATCH_DOGS 2 ***

Associate
At least the steam method is fair. I don't expect to be able to run one copy at the same time. Just to be able to install games on both machines and be able to play one instance on either. Seems to work fine until games use their own DRM.

I completely agree, there's no harm in my view as long as the game is only in use on one system (or account) at a time. We already lost the ability to resell PC games many years ago, the least they could let us do is "share" games.

My Mrs and I are both PC gamers who mainly play single player titles. We've just had to accept that we have to purchase two copies of anything not on Steam. It means we're much more selective about purchases now.

Many years ago - 2008 IIRC - we played through the Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Co-Op campaign using a single disk which was awesome. Good times.

Back on topic, I'm actually enjoying Watchdogs 2 far more than I thought I would, and although when maxed out it struggles at least the game's options make it scalable.

Soldato
the story is a bit pants at 12 hours in but its picking up a little...

to be honest though the side missions are crap compared to watch dogs 1

everything about Watch dogs 1 is better in my eyes apart from vehicle mechanics

Soldato
I just found everything so generic and uninspired. Some of the cutscenes were quite amusing, but everything else didn't do anything for me.

When i done one of the early missions (movie script) I just felt it had been ripped from GTA5.

Soldato
theirs quite a bit of that tbh

arny mission
their a ubisoft trailer mission...
kit driver mission

loads of padaies, but makes gangs fight is funny as hell :D

Associate
I completely agree, there's no harm in my view as long as the game is only in use on one system (or account) at a time. We already lost the ability to resell PC games many years ago, the least they could let us do is "share" games.

My Mrs and I are both PC gamers who mainly play single player titles. We've just had to accept that we have to purchase two copies of anything not on Steam. It means we're much more selective about purchases now.

Many years ago - 2008 IIRC - we played through the Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Co-Op campaign using a single disk which was awesome. Good times.

Back on topic, I'm actually enjoying Watchdogs 2 far more than I thought I would, and although when maxed out it struggles at least the game's options make it scalable.

The fact that games are generally cheaper on PC is enough justification for losing the ability to resell IMHO.
But, on a console, two or more people can play a Ubisoft game with their own saves etc, or even pass the disk between each other and use their own console. On PC if I buy an Ubisoft game only I can play it unless I allow other players to log into my Ubisoft account and have them share my save slots, if there are any in the game!

Anyway sorry for OT I'll be sure to join in later on in the week once I've finished Dishonored 1 hah

Associate
The fact that games are generally cheaper on PC is enough justification for losing the ability to resell IMHO.
But, on a console, two or more people can play a Ubisoft game with their own saves etc, or even pass the disk between each other and use their own console. On PC if I buy an Ubisoft game only I can play it unless I allow other players to log into my Ubisoft account and have them share my save slots, if there are any in the game!

Anyway sorry for OT I'll be sure to join in later on in the week once I've finished Dishonored 1 hah

The problem is PC game prices are rising so they are now far closer to console prices but lack the ability to game share or trade in.

Personally I object to paying over £30 for a PC game so in the future I'll be buying far less games at launch and just wait a few months for the sales.

Associate
The problem is PC game prices are rising so they are now far closer to console prices but lack the ability to game share or trade in.

Personally I object to paying over £30 for a PC game so in the future I'll be buying far less games at launch and just wait a few months for the sales.

I don't think I've bought a game at full price for years now. I either get it on a key site or wait and get it in a sale if I'm not fussed with playing it soon.

Soldato
the story is a bit pants at 12 hours in but its picking up a little...

to be honest though the side missions are crap compared to watch dogs 1

everything about Watch dogs 1 is better in my eyes apart from vehicle mechanics

I just found everything so generic and uninspired. Some of the cutscenes were quite amusing, but everything else didn't do anything for me.

When i done one of the early missions (movie script) I just felt it had been ripped from GTA5.

Yeah. It's just pretty lifeless. the custscenes are great and there's more character development and so i can relate to them more but its just empty. There's no real need to try an earn money. No real need to unlock better guns (i'm still finding the pistol more than good enough when i need it), there doesnt seem to be any point in the online activities, WHERE is the online racing? the game is too easy - i'm playing on realistic and if im bored of hacking another node over here to open a door over there then i just take everybody out with the pistol.

It's disappointing, I preferred the first game overall as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah. It's just pretty lifeless. the custscenes are great and there's more character development and so i can relate to them more but its just empty. There's no real need to try an earn money. No real need to unlock better guns (i'm still finding the pistol more than good enough when i need it), there doesnt seem to be any point in the online activities, WHERE is the online racing? the game is too easy - i'm playing on realistic and if im bored of hacking another node over here to open a door over there then i just take everybody out with the pistol.

It's disappointing, I preferred the first game overall as well.

im 19 hours in some of the missions are getting much harder. it feel like someone just turned my difficulty up by 3 notches.. (im on normal,)

(i generally try to avoid using the RC car/heli i think their annoying tbh

Associate
I'm finding the game ok, With the high res. download it looks very good and runs smoothly, my only gripe is the hacking puzzles which are a pain and don't seem very logical, unless you are lucky you have to try for ages to solve them, which spoils the flow of the game, and there no way around them.

Associate
I don't think I've bought a game at full price for years now. I either get it on a key site or wait and get it in a sale if I'm not fussed with playing it soon.

I rarely pay full price either, most of my games come via key sites but I'm noticing recently they have games in excess of £30 instead of around £25 so waiting a few months for sales seems to be the only way forward :(

Associate
Will give this one a miss or wait for a really good sale..going by the comments atleast
i actually enjoyed the first one even with its flaws

Soldato
thats those damn pesky kids! nobody talks face to face anymore!! :D

Surely they would text you or Whatsapp?? :p

It's annoying though, right? You'rte having a conversation with them on the phone yet your stood next to them watching them tinker with something on the workbench, LIPS NOT MOVING, or just stood there thumbing through something on their phone.

Gahh. GTA V didnt have that problem lol.

Is this better to play with KB+M or steam controller?

I'm a K&M guy.

Associate
It's annoying though, right? You'rte having a conversation with them on the phone yet your stood next to them watching them tinker with something on the workbench, LIPS NOT MOVING, or just stood there thumbing through something on their phone.

Oh i agree its a silly thing they could easily have added in / fixed but remember it is a ubisoft game - just be happy you can launch it :p

Back
Top Bottom