Official EA SPORTS FC 24 Thread

Man of Honour
The mentality of players is as strong as ever this year, so many rage quits after scoring 1 goal. Terrible
If it's the Evo Cup then that kinda makes sense because it has no limit on how many games you can play, and the objectives are written such that there is no benefit from playing games you don't win (i.e. you need 7 wins to get all rewards and the there is no reward for playing more than 7 matches). Because you get infinite games, there is no downside to quitting really (compared to when it's e.g. a limit of 5 matches per day). Quitting puts you only 1 goal away from taking the lead (required to get your wins) instead of the 2 goals you need when conceding first. And if you haven't scored yet, then you won't have incremented any milestone counters for getting goals, assists etc. Plus being a friendly comp, you aren't using up any contracts etc. People might be treating it as Golden Goal effectively, because game theory dictates that's the most efficient way for the playerbase as a whole. Basically if everyone quit when the first goal goes in, then objectives will be achieved quicker. People would rather spend 20mins having 5 ragequits and 1 win, than having 2 losses.

That's not to say I necessarily like this approach, because sometimes you just want to play a nice end-to-end game, but that specific competition is heavily geared towards quitting at 0-1, especially because UT is effectively not really a football game, it's an objective-oriented card collecting game.

Last edited:
Caporegime
EA have made the game this way for the last few years. I'd say 80%+ of players don't even enjoy the game in any real sense, it's just a grind that they can't quit with a nice dose of FOMO.

It's all about maximising the time spent grinding for rewards/cards. What's the point of sitting out a game you've already decided you've lost, when you can quit with pretty much no consequences, unless it's weekend league, which only a small percentage of the player base actually bother with.

Last edited:
Don
I dunno, sometimes I just want to jump on and have some football games. Maybe it's just me, I literally don't quit unless I'm in a major mood and getting spanked.
1-0 down after a few mins and quitting, though, why even buy the game if you deem yourself that bad?!

Associate
I've noticed a lot of people like to go to the edge of the 6 yard box and then cut inside, It's like bloody FIFA 97.

any tips for scoring from corners and not conceding from corners?

Man of Honour
I dunno, sometimes I just want to jump on and have some football games. Maybe it's just me, I literally don't quit unless I'm in a major mood and getting spanked.
1-0 down after a few mins and quitting, though, why even buy the game if you deem yourself that bad?!
I've only been playing FUT a couple of years and I'm finding myself understanding these people more. I've changed from never quitting matches regardless of score (have lost like 1-12 before) to staying until half time and then leaving if I'm 4 goals or more behind and I don't feel they are beatable. I never quit in the first half though. Like was mentioned above the FUT game mode is heavily oriented towards the rewards cycle, it's kind of like an RPG game where you are minmaxing and trying to eek out the best rewards. The gameplay becomes secondary at times (a good example is how much time people, myself included spent grinding the repeatable SBCs during Futties).

My view is quitting early doesn't help you develop as a player i.e. even if you know you will lose you can use it as an opportunity to recognise how you are getting picked apart and seek to counter that. Or conversely try different tactics to break down the opposition. Basically learning how to apply different tactics against different playstyles. If you keep quitting you never learn how to counter it.

any tips for scoring from corners and not conceding from corners?

Personally I find the the default curve and aiming just behind the penalty spot on just below full power is a good trajectory to put corners in at. However, you need to wait to see if they bring their keeper out, if they do then I:
a) aim further out in the penalty area so they can't catch it
b) go for a near post knuckleball aimed at penalty spot and hit it first time on goal (hard to get the shot timing right to avoid putting it wide, but when you do you can literally slot it behind the keeper at the near post)
c) Use an inswinging corner and attempt an Olympico. This is hard to pull off especially if they put a defender on the line, but sometimes just attempting it once means they won't move their keeper out so far next time.

Bicycle kicks are still good although I think they have improved it somewhat so you don't always win the ball when it's contested with a defender. In other works a bike isn't a guaranteed goal if you are tightly marked anymore but still effective if you get a bit of space.

Defending corners I just select a tall player (not the guy on the post), if they start manually selecting an attacker than I mark them. Then when the ball comes over I use X to head it upfield. I find X better than B for clearances as it aims for teammates instead of just out of play or whatever. Obviously watch out for short corners. In FIFA23 there was a trend of people playing the corner all the way back to a guy like 25 yards out to hit a first time power shot dipping volley. If you notice them attempting that, pre-empt it by moving a defender to close down the deep lying player.
In fact in general, learn if the opponent is using the same corner technique everytime, so you can counter it. The best players will see this and do something else but some players literally do the same routine every time so you can anticipate it.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
The mentality of players is as strong as ever this year, so many rage quits after scoring 1 goal. Terrible
Got a penalty at 2-2 in the 90th minute in rivals and the guy quit out so I got zero. Really annoying. Most people are toxic as hell just cutback after cutback after bombing down the wing

Soldato
Got to div 5 and let me tell you it’s not a nice place to be. I need to do my fut champs qualifiers, but I’m led to believe it requires 5/10 wins which normally isn’t an issue, however I suspect the level of opponent this week will be reduced to just high level players.

Soldato
OP
Got to div 5 and let me tell you it’s not a nice place to be. I need to do my fut champs qualifiers, but I’m led to believe it requires 5/10 wins which normally isn’t an issue, however I suspect the level of opponent this week will be reduced to just high level players.
I’m in Div 6 and that's bad enough :cry: I’m off this week and have been watching Fuji stream and he’s lost the plot several times!

Can someone also check my sanity for me but answering this question? R1 does that alter standard right stick dribbling? I think I am imagining that is does? RT and LT is the new control for precise dribbling correct?

Don

Have you tried the PS4 version out of curiosity?

Soldato
When you're holding R1 (PS5) to make a defender track the opponent with the ball is there any way to get that defender to actually stick in a tackle?

If not, it seems pretty useless. That's me saying that as I'm getting pumped between 3 and 10 nil in most rivals games.

Also, is chemistry more important than team rating? Should I be pushing that to 33 at the expense of benching higher rated players?

Don
When you're holding R1 (PS5) to make a defender track the opponent with the ball is there any way to get that defender to actually stick in a tackle?

If not, it seems pretty useless. That's me saying that as I'm getting pumped between 3 and 10 nil in most rivals games.

Also, is chemistry more important than team rating? Should I be pushing that to 33 at the expense of benching higher rated players?

You can use it to apply pressure and to intercept/block the next pass, or alternatively switch to that player when they're close enough and you can perform a tackle. It's pretty integral to defending.

Back
Top Bottom