Official EA SPORTS FC 24 Thread

Soldato
You can use it to apply pressure and to intercept/block the next pass, or alternatively switch to that player when they're close enough and you can perform a tackle. It's pretty integral to defending.
Must just need practice then. I'm all over the blooming place and the opposition seem to be on top of me straight away when I get the ball.

Hopefully it'll get easier when the game launches properly as I keep coming up against teams packed with the best players in the game even though I'm in Division 10.

Man of Honour
Also, is chemistry more important than team rating? Should I be pushing that to 33 at the expense of benching higher rated players?
It's a balance. You can look at the attributes page to see the effective stats with chemistry applied (or look on futbin), generally if the rating is several points difference that would outweigh chemistry benefits.

Also keep in mind that chem isn't linear. The difference between 3 chem and 2 chem is much bigger than the difference between 2 chem and 1 chem. So for example 10x3 + 1x1 = 31 chem is better than 9x3 + 2x2 = 31 chem. In essence having players on 2 chem is a lot less effective than you'd think it might be, so I'd favour high rating 1 chem over mid rating 2 chem, but might favour mid rating 3 chem over high rating 2 chem.

Soldato
My pack luck has been rather good so far. I packed the female barca winger who is currently selling for 800k and I've also packed tonali, varane and a few other decent players.

Soldato
Not sold on this game yet - they seem to have made the menu system really unresponsive and for the life of me I can't understand why they have made it so difficult to find your completed objectives - I mean a dull red dot hardly stands out - why couldn't they also put a notification in the top line too???

Responsiveness in game is garbage too - although I guess I'm coming from a team of 99-rated players to the rubbish I've got now so I'll reserve judgement!

Still annoyed that I seem to have lost my founders evolution player too!?!?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not sold on this game yet - they seem to have made the menu system really unresponsive and for the life of me I can't understand why they have made it so difficult to find your completed objectives - I mean a dull red dot hardly stands out - why couldn't they also put a notification in the top line too???

Responsiveness in game is garbage too - although I guess I'm coming from a team of 99-rated players to the rubbish I've got now so I'll reserve judgement!

Still annoyed that I seem to have lost my founders evolution player too!?!?
The menus are **** (no other way to put it, sorry mods) but I think the playstyles are a really nice improvement. It basically makes using players will low pace viable, like Thiago Silva is slow as hell but anticipate+ playstyle means if you go near him he's coming away with the ball, game over. Then there's other ones giving pace boosts, great finesse shots, fast accurate passes etc. So your Toni Kross with 0 pace is no longer a complete waste of space because his passing is actually dangerous.

Soldato
OP
The menus are **** (no other way to put it, sorry mods) but I think the playstyles are a really nice improvement. It basically makes using players will low pace viable, like Thiago Silva is slow as hell but anticipate+ playstyle means if you go near him he's coming away with the ball, game over. Then there's other ones giving pace boosts, great finesse shots, fast accurate passes etc. So your Toni Kross with 0 pace is no longer a complete waste of space because his passing is actually dangerous.
I think I am in the minority in actually liking the new menus. Slightly buggy but logical flow for me.​

Soldato
More gripes....
  1. I must hit the bar/post at least 5-6 times every single game - and most of the time it is from the simplest of chances :confused:
  2. Tackling is baaaaaad - I've lost count of the number of times the opposition has either ignored the fact that they have been tackled, or worse still, both players go into a sort of "stumbling" animation and then the opposition player retains the ball - sometimes 4/5/6 tackles in a row! :mad:
I really want to like this game but at the moment it's just painful!

Don
My biggest gripe is the game losing my settings, either gameplay/sound etc or my controls. Happened a few times now and I only know when I've gone into a rivals game. That said, it made me try out the new default camera, and I like it.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
12 games 0 wins

Absolutely no idea why I'm so bad, played this game for years too.
I have found it very tough also, have been winning roughly 2-3 games every 10 games. The controls feel clunky and there are some ridiculous defensive formations/tactics out there that make it feel like you are harassed by at least 4 players in front of you constantly. We'll see how some patches go...

Back
Top Bottom