Change to MM access after 1st January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Amazing how many people can't understand something so simple.

Should be 50 posts per 90 days though, weed out even more non contributers :D
You have to balance the MM getting to a point where there's so few people with access the quality of "For Sale" and Purchases drops though.

Last edited:
Soldato
As has been stated several times now, this change isn't to increase forum traffic. It's to stop people only using the forum to buy and sell when they reach 1000 posts.

The moderators are all volunteers, why wouldn't we automate something that used to take a considerable amount of our time now that the forum software gives us the ability to do so?

When they reach 1000 posts? Or when they don't maintain consistent post counts...

I'm all for automation, but perhaps it would have been wise to exclude long-standing members who have already contributed significantly to the forum in their "hey-day" as it were.

With the current rules, a relative new-comer could quickly gain access to MM, whereas a long-standing member with 40,000 posts could easily find themselves without. That's obviously what people are finding so offensive about the change and it's hard not to sympathise with that.

Soldato
It's not a problem, it's a deliberate aim of the rule.
Which many members, as shown, see as a problem.

According to the mods, the problem is people only using MM after 1000 posts. I do not fit into that category and yet I don't have access.

Anyway, I'm not here to be drawn into petty debate - I've made comment as has everyone else. I expect it will not change anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom