Change to MM access after 1st January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Which many members, as shown, see as a problem.
If they took the time to actually read and understand the reasoning given by the mod team though, they'd soon realise the only 'problem' is their own feelings of entitlement really.

Soldato
Ahhhh... also what is the point of that lol

If person is posting in MM that means they have access surely

I'd guess it's only useful now the rules are being enforced so that any ongoing threads where people were discussing sales, and that person has gone AWOL then you can see why.

Once everyone is a bit more used to it, then there's probably very few red markers that will get shown.

Soldato
Instead of removing access to the MM for those not posting 15/90, maybe give the slackers access to an alternative 'Member' Market?

Still, likely to be kakarott in there selling his tip for months on end, knocking a tenner off a day to entice some of the less picky of the clientele.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
I'd guess it's only useful now the rules are being enforced so that any ongoing threads where people were discussing sales, and that person has gone AWOL then you can see why.

Once everyone is a bit more used to it, then there's probably very few red markers that will get shown.
In the discussion thread in MM where this was announced back in August, we were asked if we could add this feature. It wasn’t something we’d originally considered but we thought it was a good suggestion and so it was implemented.

It only needs to be visible in MM because it’s only really relevant there. If someone is in the middle of a deal and suddenly they show red, the other party knows that they don’t currently have access and can wait for them to return.

Associate
We have, it’s called GD

I thought it was https://www.overclockers.co.uk/

In the discussion thread in MM where this was announced back in August, we were asked if we could add this feature. It wasn’t something we’d originally considered but we thought it was a good suggestion and so it was implemented.

It only needs to be visible in MM because it’s only really relevant there. If someone is in the middle of a deal and suddenly they show red, the other party knows that they don’t currently have access and can wait for them to return.

Hadn't seen the suggestion in the MM thread, but I do consider it a positive and helpful addition! - That said, would it be feasible to implement a three tier system (and I appreciate this would seldom be needed!)?:

- Red: Has lost access
- Amber: on brink of losing access (some function of posts required/average post count and days remaining, or if this could be built in to the alt-text for the flag?)
- Green: near zero risk of losing access any time soon

I only ask because within minutes of noticing the feature, i found a thread where the seller had lost access... Yes, I'm overthinking it :D

Last edited:
Associate
Instead of removing access to the MM for those not posting 15/90, maybe give the slackers access to an alternative 'Member' Market?

Still, likely to be kakarott in there selling his tip for months on end, knocking a tenner off a day to entice some of the less picky of the clientele.
If he was taking £10 off a day, he'd be offering £200 for someone to take it off his hands by now :D

Commissario
OP
I thought it was https://www.overclockers.co.uk/

Hadn't seen the suggestion in the MM thread, but I do consider it a positive and helpful addition! - That said, would it be feasible to implement a three tier system (and I appreciate this would seldom be needed!)?:

- Red: Has lost access
- Amber: on brink of losing access (some function of posts required/average post count and days remaining, or if this could be built in to the alt-text for the flag?)
- Green: near zero risk of losing access any time soon

I only ask because within minutes of noticing the feature, i found a thread where the seller had lost access... Yes, I'm overthinking it :D
So a traffic light? I don’t know if this is possible. @kindai?

Soldato
Is the gold triangle next to a users name to signify MM access new as well?

That’s interesting. I don’t see any triangles on Safari. Could be because I’ve got avatars turned off.

Anyways, I can’t believe that this “discussion“ is still ongoing. The folks complaining are those that don’t even use MM. Are the forums going down the route of FaceyB and ******* where everyone is an expert?!?

Soldato
That’s interesting. I don’t see any triangles on Safari. Could be because I’ve got avatars turned off.

Anyways, I can’t believe that this “discussion“ is still ongoing. The folks complaining are those that don’t even use MM. Are the forums going down the route of FaceyB and ******* where everyone is an expert?!?
They are only visible in the mm subforums. Updated my post to reflect this.

Just tested it out on mobile with avatars hidden and it worked for me.

Soldato
Rule seems to make a lot of sense, not sure if my posts are sufficient for access but not end of world.

Hopefully it will promote quality(!) posts and not useless "bump" tier posts in various forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom