iRacing

Soldato
Just thought I'd see if there was a thread for iRacing so a bit of a bump from the dead.

Joined at the start of the year and raced in a work league. iRating is down at 1300 at the minute (got rekt while using GT3 at the end of this week to get up to A Class after this season) but I'm a 1500-1600 driver once I'm accustomed to a car. Mainly been in the Aston GT4 and Audi RS3 this season; most of my races were in the few weeks at the Nürburgring Norschleife <3 and then finished that off with a 4 hour race with a mate last week (Also on the Nordschleife)

Going to Focus on TCR/GT4 this season but going to buy the BMW GT3 once I've decided on a few tracks to add(Have Spa, Nurburgring, British Tracks, Road America/Atlanta and will add Watkins Glen; need one more for the group discount). We both had the Porsche GT3 but hated it; fortunately we bought it only a few months ago so have got full refunds as the new Porsche 911 (912) has been released in the last few days

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
tempted to try this and get into more actual races. I've got a decent rig :

gt omega prime
moza r9 w cs wheel
moza shifter/pedals/handbrake
triple 27' 1080ps etc

my question is, anyone run this on 3070 with triples and moza hardware? does it run ok/support triples properly?

it's not a "cheap" game per say and I know I get a month free to try it but before I spend hours fighting it, thought I'd ask.

I currently play AC and AMS2(just getting to grips with it)

Last edited:
Soldato

gt omega prime
moza r9 w cs wheel
triple 27' 1080ps etc

my question is, anyone run this on 3070 with triples and moza hardware? does it run ok/support triples properly?

it's not a "cheap" game per say and I know I get a month free to try it but before I spend hours fighting it, thought I'd ask.

I have not ran with that specific equipment but iRacing is one of the easier sims to run from a hardware perspective and works well with with tripples. I have not used your specific wheel and pedals, but I would be surprised if it didn't work well with that equipment too. (They seem to have a very active dev team and constant updates)

Last edited:
Associate

gt omega prime
moza r9 w cs wheel
triple 27' 1080ps etc

If you're thinking of trying iRacing now is the a great time to purchase, it's a bit convoluted to explain but they run a black Friday sale every year, 50% off for new members or 25% off for renewals.

However there is an offer with Motorsport UK currently whereby £25 gets you an annual membership with them that has some perks, as well as 12 months iracing plus the FIA F4 car for free which is circa £15 by itself.

I'm going to create a new account just to take advantage of this.

Soldato

gt omega prime
moza r9 w cs wheel
triple 27' 1080ps etc

Cant speak for triples. However, I run iRacing and my setup isnt a million miles off. I'm running:
GT Omega Prime
Moza R21 (R5 I had before that worked perfectly in iRacing with the CSv2 wheel)
Moza SRP Pedals and Handbrake, but with a Simagic shifter.
[email protected], 3070, 32gb on 34" Ultrawide 1440/VR (Rift S).

Everything works perfectly as it should in Iracing, you should have zero issues with Moza gear, and iRacing has proper triple support. Averaging around 100-120 FPS on 1440 Ultrawide. Should be plenty of headroom there to compensate for triples. iRacing isnt the most graphically demanding of games.

I've been currently debating the upgrade to triple 32's myself, even considered 27's though not sure if that will provide enough vertical screen space for my liking (I'm worried wit will feel like playing through a letterbox... Probably a bit exaggerated but immersion is a big thing for me. I love VR and the immersion, but just hate wearing the damn thing for extended periods. The Ultrawide is great, but it seriously lacks the peripheral vision for good close racing and I do feel its still lacking a little in the vertical plane.

Soldato
Cant speak for triples. However, I run iRacing and my setup isnt a million miles off. I'm running:
GT Omega Prime
Moza R21 (R5 I had before that worked perfectly in iRacing with the CSv2 wheel)
Moza SRP Pedals and Handbrake, but with a Simagic shifter.
[email protected], 3070, 32gb on 34" Ultrawide 1440/VR (Rift S).

Everything works perfectly as it should in Iracing, you should have zero issues with Moza gear, and iRacing has proper triple support. Averaging around 100-120 FPS on 1440 Ultrawide. Should be plenty of headroom there to compensate for triples. iRacing isnt the most graphically demanding of games.

I've been currently debating the upgrade to triple 32's myself, even considered 27's though not sure if that will provide enough vertical screen space for my liking (I'm worried wit will feel like playing through a letterbox... Probably a bit exaggerated but immersion is a big thing for me. I love VR and the immersion, but just hate wearing the damn thing for extended periods. The Ultrawide is great, but it seriously lacks the peripheral vision for good close racing and I do feel its still lacking a little in the vertical plane.
That’s good to know! Thank you. Honestly I’m really happy with the 27s. At the right distance they’re spot on I think.

This is coming from a 65” tv.

@BogEyes thank you! That’s a great deal. Subscribed.

Soldato

Indy 500 is back :D

Associate
I did the evening slot last night. I’m way slower generally speaking than my 3.3k iRating would suggest, and was having a fairly tidy race in 10th position. I’d received 12x from LMP3’s hitting me when overtaking (one even managed to ghost straight through me, causing damage but fortunately no meatball).

About 40 minutes from the end an LMP lost it coming out the bus stop and pin balled off the wall. There was nothing I could do and 3 of us got taken out. 7 mins in the pits and finished P13.

i probably need to shed a bit more iRating so I’m actually racing for positions, not just gaining them through attrition as I’m quite a consistent (albeit not that fast) driver.

Associate
I find Daytona a boring track to drive on. I had planned on attempting the roar in the LMP3 but time didn't allow unfortunately. I did watch a gazillion stream of the various time slots and every one of them was total carnage. The driving standards on the service recently have taken a nose dive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom