iRacing

Man of Honour
I've joined :)

Not done anything endurance wise before and it's only my first proper season, but up for giving it a go!

Nice! Glad you've joined mate, I'm hardly a seasoned endurance vet myself, so will be good to get a good mixture of experience in the team and we can all help each other get better

Associate
We had a good race overall, split 4 in the LMP2. I have to give credit to the lobby, it was quite a high standard and there was no carnage due to stupidity at the start or during the rest of the race.

We had qualified 9th and I quickly made up places so by the end of my first double stint we were very close to taking 5th. I was racing with my two brothers, who’ve both been on the service a while now, and a friend who just joined a few weeks ago. My brothers and me are all quite consistent, clean and can manage traffic well so when it came time for our friend to jump in for his first ever endurance race (3rd by this point, although on different strat to 4th) I think the pressure might have got to him a bit and unfortunately, As soon as he left the pits he spun at international horse shoe, and got hit by someone who couldn’t avoid in time, resulting in 15mins repairs. It didn’t get better after that and he had another trip to the pits for about 7 mins later in his stint.

We were quite resigned to just finishing and the achievement of completing 24 hours at this point and managed to talk him back into the car, which went well and he found confidence again. However a stint in late afternoon resulted in a small error and a trip into the wall 2 laps from the end of his final stint! We had gone from 3rd, to 12th, back to 6th (baring down on 5th) and now back to 10th.

Finished 8th overall, having a great battle with the team in 7th for the last 6 stints. I devised a late strat change (I feel your pain @Steedie, i have been herding cats to fill out my spreadsheet!) that meant we avoided a late splash and dash and bought us to only 29seconds behind 7th at the finish line. It turns out they were on 99x incidents and a pit penalty would have taken 31 seconds! So close!

The pace was there for 3rd, although it’s impossible to know what could have happened. That said we all still had a great time, can’t wait for the next one!

I’ve joined the discord group, my team won’t want to do all the special events on the calendar, so I’d definitely be up for a few, starting with Bathurst!

Soldato
I’ve joined the discord; my lot want to drive the gtp which I still need to get my head around (too much grip and downforce for my liking!) and with kids it makes it harder to manage, but will try and be about for some this year. I’ll def be doing the other single events like the mx-500!

Associate

4 weeks until rain and god damn it sounds good

Last edited:
Soldato
I cannot get enough of this at the moment, after finally getting a gaming PC again after 11 years without one. I ended up with the Moza R5 bundle and it's bloody brilliant.

I just went back to the Skip Barber as that's what I was racing before I stopped playing in 2012. It's been a bit frustrating as it's a difficult car to drive. However, I started racing the GR86 yesterday and it's so much fun.

It's very forgiving and the racing is really tight. I managed to finish a race in 2nd last night after starting 5th on the grid, probably should have got in front of the leader on the second to last lap (and briefly did), but I messed it up. Albeit, my iRating is atrocious (sub 1k) and I was racing with equally terribly rated players.

Going to stick with the GR86 for the foreseeable though. Just wish I had more time to play.

I also started using Trophy.AI and have found the brake tone feature really useful when trying to quickly learn a track, as it's always the braking zones that I struggle with.

Last edited:
Associate
]I cannot get enough of this at the moment, after finally getting a gaming PC again after 11 years without one. I ended up with the Moza R5 bundle and it's bloody brilliant.

I just went back to the Skip Barber as that's what I was racing before I stopped playing in 2012. It's been a bit frustrating as it's a difficult car to drive. However, I started racing the GR86 yesterday and it's so much fun.

It's very forgiving and the racing is really tight. I managed to finish a race in 2nd last night after starting 5th on the grid, probably should have got in front of the leader on the second to last lap (and briefly did), but I messed it up. Albeit, my iRating is atrocious (sub 1k) and I was racing with equally terribly rated players.

Going to stick with the GR86 for the foreseeable though. Just wish I had more time to play.

I also started using Trophy.AI and have found the brake tone feature really useful when trying to quickly learn a track, as it's always the braking zones that I struggle with.

If you want to learn tracks quickly make sure you to check the active reset feature which was added a year or so ago

Last edited:
Associate
Any do the Bathurst 12 hour this weekend? Our team managed to finished 3rd in our split. One of the 2 guys in the winning car was a smurf which meant that car won by over a lap. We were around 20 seconds behind 2nd place. Was a really enjoyable race this time round though doing it in the Porsche does always have that auro of it wanting to kill you at any point.

Back
Top Bottom