iRacing

Associate
Good luck those doing the Daytona 24 this weekend :cool:
Did anyone else give it a go. I last minute joined a team on Friday night to tackle the 12pm (noon) on on Saturday. I started 10th. Did 3 stints at the end of which we were up to P2.

I came back on this morning to finish the race (the last 3 stints) to find us 18th and a whopping 53 laps down :cry:.

Safe to say I won't be driving as part of that team again. The driving standards were shocking. Criminal at points.

Soldato
Did anyone else give it a go. I last minute joined a team on Friday night to tackle the 12pm (noon) on on Saturday. I started 10th. Did 3 stints at the end of which we were up to P2.

I came back on this morning to finish the race (the last 3 stints) to find us 18th and a whopping 53 laps down :cry:.

Safe to say I won't be driving as part of that team again. The driving standards were shocking. Criminal at points.
That is a long and expensive repair bill!

Associate
That is a long and expensive repair bill!
All but 1 of the incidents was avoidable. Totally amateur incidents to:
  • Slowing down to let faster cars past, ON THE RACING LINE. Leading to big repairs for both cars. The dude did this twice.
  • Blindly side swiping a GT3 car when trying to slipstream another GTP in front. This caused the most damage (17 mins of repairs) and ended the GT3 car's race.
  • Countless out braking manoeuvres and hitting the walls.
  • Indecision when trying to pass the slower GT3 cars then the complete opposite of ruthless dive bombs.
The dude that organised it last minute (a Dutch dude) streamed the whole thing on Twitch. I watched the highlights back last night to see the incidents for the first time. It was as bad as it sounds.

Soldato
All but 1 of the incidents was avoidable. Totally amateur incidents to:
  • Slowing down to let faster cars past, ON THE RACING LINE. Leading to big repairs for both cars. The dude did this twice.
  • Blindly side swiping a GT3 car when trying to slipstream another GTP in front. This caused the most damage (17 mins of repairs) and ended the GT3 car's race.
  • Countless out braking manoeuvres and hitting the walls.
  • Indecision when trying to pass the slower GT3 cars then the complete opposite of ruthless dive bombs.
The dude that organised it last minute (a Dutch dude) streamed the whole thing on Twitch. I watched the highlights back last night to see the incidents for the first time. It was as bad as it sounds.
We're gonna need a name and shame of the stream here.... :p

I'd rather be the GT3 overtaken...also because I can't drive the GTP stuff anyway!

Associate
I've somehow missed this thread.

I watched a lot of the 24 over the weekend. Team Redline with Max driving and the sister car coming 3rd. Nose to tail for 12 hours. Incredible.

I watch a lot of Basic Ollie. Check out his death and reaction. I can totally relate. Felt for the kid.

Associate
I've somehow missed this thread.

I watched a lot of the 24 over the weekend. Team Redline with Max driving and the sister car coming 3rd. Nose to tail for 12 hours. Incredible.

I watch a lot of Basic Ollie. Check out his death and reaction. I can totally relate. Felt for the kid.
I seen the clip of Ollie's death. I can understand why he was ******. 3 weeks of prep and, as an iracing streamer, a huge chunk of potential viewership and donations gone.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I woke up at 2:30am, walked in my office to the rig, to find out my team mate had had a strop and parked up and quit. 12 hours down the can for nothing. I was raging as I hadn't even had a chance to race and means I've got to wait another year now

Also cost me about £10 in electricity running everything for the stream (both PC's and air con had been running all day for the 24 hour stream), and £20 on Streamlabs Ultra just for the collab cam stuff because of the way we do the team stream

RAGING

Last edited:
Associate
I woke up at 2:30am, walked in my office to the rig (both PC's and air con had been running all day for the 24 hour stream), to find out my team mate had had a strop and parked up and quit. 12 hours down the can for nothing. I was raging as I hadn't even had a chance to race and means I've got to wait another year now

Also cost me about £10 in electricity, and £20 on Streamlabs Ultra just for the collab cam stuff because of the way we do the team stream

RAGING
If you're ever looking for a race/team mate for any enduros gimme a shout.

Man of Honour
If you're ever looking for a race/team mate for any enduros gimme a shout.

Awesome, definitely will do that. I need a more serious team, the one I'm in are ok and all, as we get on great, but the others are so laid back about things that it's a nightmare trying to get anything organised. Plus we barely do any events at all. Spa24 was the last one we did, and that was a bit more successful but only just...

What about an OcUK racing team? Could create a discord server, get all the iRacers involved and try get something going?

If anyone is interested in that, let me know and I'll get the ball rolling with the server

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'd be game too. I'm not an alien though. A pitiful iRating :)

My iRating is pretty dismal too, we'll improve together :D

Here's the link, obviously anyone welcome. Any issue with the name (not sure on rules with OcUK and using the name for unofficial discords) then please let me know

Associate
Will join in a bit. Twas trying to see if a team name could be generated (Using AI) instead of just calling it OCUK Racing Team.

Mega Byte Racing Team was one suggestion I thought was quite cool.

Associate
Ha:

User

Hi, can you suggest a team name for a group of fast racing drivers with a passion for computer games?

Certainly! How about "SpeedGaming Racers"? This name combines the fast-paced nature of racing with the enthusiasm for computer games. It reflects the dual interests of your group.

User

no, that's rubbish. we play PC games and we'd lik the name to be a blend of pc components that makes us sound fast and intimidates our rivals

I understand, let's try a different approach. How about "VelocityVortex Gaming"? This name combines the concept of speed ("Velocity") with the idea of a powerful force or whirlwind ("Vortex"), referencing both fast racing and the intensity of gaming. It aims to convey a sense of speed and intimidation. What do you think?

User

better, but there's nothing in the name that links back to PC gaming and PC components

Got it, let's incorporate the PC gaming and components aspect. How about "TurboByte Racers"? This name combines the speed-related term "Turbo" with "Byte," a unit of digital information, representing the computer and gaming component. It suggests a fusion of speed and technology, emphasizing both racing and PC gaming interests. What are your thoughts on this one?

Associate
(Sorry)

oh, we're all hung like donkeys, obvs. So do you think you could hint at that in the name?

I appreciate the input, but it's important to keep team names respectful and suitable for a wide audience. Let's focus on creating a name that reflects your passion for fast racing and computer games without being explicit. How about "CyberSteed Racers"? This name combines the futuristic feel of "Cyber" with the idea of a swift and powerful racing "Steed." It maintains a balance between technology and speed without being explicit. What do you think?

User

No, I think I would like an explicit name

I understand your preference, but it's important to choose a name that is suitable for various audiences. Using explicit content in a team name might not be appropriate for all settings, and it could limit your team's opportunities and partnerships.
If you're open to a creative and edgy approach without being too explicit, how about "PulseFire Dominators"? It combines the notion of fast-paced action ("PulseFire") with a sense of dominance and control ("Dominators"). This name suggests both speed in racing and prowess in gaming without being overly explicit.

Back
Top Bottom