*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Anyone here play their Switch on a £250-400 TV?

Moving house soon and want to purchase a 43" TV without spending a fortune. Will mostly be to use with my Switch and PS4.

Ideally a reputable brand like Samsung rather than Hisense etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
it's excellent

Except for the jarring and distracting FPS drops yeah.
I never finished it but it was nice playing a more traditional Zelda.

However, this is probably due to the ancient hardware. I really hope the next switch focuses on 21st century frame rates and they patch the older titles.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Anyone here play their Switch on a £250-400 TV?

Moving house soon and want to purchase a 43" TV without spending a fortune. Will mostly be to use with my Switch and PS4.

Ideally a reputable brand like Samsung rather than Hisense etc.

I've had a few family members pickup this Samsung:

Really good picture quality, etc and we briefly played some Switch stuff at Christmas on it and I can have no complaints.

Last edited:
Associate
I've had a few family members pickup this Samsung:

Really good picture quality, etc and we briefly played some Switch stuff at Christmas on it and I can have no complaints.

Thank you, much appreciated. :)

Associate

Do yourselves a favour and get this-stupidly addictive game.

Associate

Do yourselves a favour and get this-stupidly addictive game.
I always seem to end up playing a round or two after playing some other title on the Switch. No idea how some people get the crazy high scores though !

Associate
I recently bought the gta definitive edition on Switch.

I've been surprised at the top games that have managed to get on the Switch.
They've had to patch it hard though since the release, I bought it at launch and it was horrendously unplayable.

Porting isn't always a Nintendo strong point, I'm playing Spyro but it ran better on PS1. :D

Soldato
Just started the new Prince of Persia on the switch, four myself getting quite gripped by it within the first hour of play through (and over excited to see a classic IP come back like this)

Associate
Just started the new Prince of Persia on the switch, four myself getting quite gripped by it within the first hour of play through (and over excited to see a classic IP come back like this)
Saw the Digital Foundry video of this the other day, looks good. On my buy list when I work through my backlog of shame :D

Soldato
I've been lusting after a Switch Lite for a while but after popping into CEX and seeing one in the flesh (so to speak) I was hit with a sudden worry that the screen looked a bit on the small side for long sessions. I am still rather taken with the form-factor but I just can't decide if I'm going to be full of regret or not.

Back
Top Bottom