*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
I've been lusting after a Switch Lite for a while but after popping into CEX and seeing one in the flesh (so to speak) I was hit with a sudden worry that the screen looked a bit on the small side for long sessions. I am still rather taken with the form-factor but I just can't decide if I'm going to be full of regret or not.
I had one for a while but realised it was a bit small for me. So bought the OLED as the screen size is so much bigger. Ended up giving the Lite to my nephew.

Soldato
I've been lusting after a Switch Lite for a while but after popping into CEX and seeing one in the flesh (so to speak) I was hit with a sudden worry that the screen looked a bit on the small side for long sessions. I am still rather taken with the form-factor but I just can't decide if I'm going to be full of regret or not.
The Switch lite is great! I did end up moving to an OLED in the end, but had a good few years out of my Life. I don't dock my Switch, so the Lite was perfect, but I can't deny how much I love the OLED.

My opinion, grab a Lite and enjoy it

Associate
If you don't mind second hand it's possible to pick up an OLED for less than £200. I purchased the Limited Edition Zelda one for £220.

Had a lite myself previously but the screen is small and I'm very happy I sold it towards the cost of the OLED.

If you were to buy an OLED can always sell your original Switch too.

That said I think it will be this year tye Switch 2 is either out or at least announced.

Do you play your Switch docked? I do myself so it was a big justification to me in buying the OLED.

Associate
If you don't mind second hand it's possible to pick up an OLED for less than £200. I purchased the Limited Edition Zelda one for £220.

Had a lite myself previously but the screen is small and I'm very happy I sold it towards the cost of the OLED.

If you were to buy an OLED can always sell your original Switch too.

That said I think it will be this year tye Switch 2 is either out or at least announced.

Do you play your Switch docked? I do myself so it was a big justification to me in buying the OLED.
Why would playing it docked be a decision in going for OLED? What additional benefit does that provide. Thinking of getting a switch for my son's birthday in May. Wondering if now is a bad time to be buying with the noises around Switch 2.

Associate
Why would playing it docked be a decision in going for OLED? What additional benefit does that provide. Thinking of getting a switch for my son's birthday in May. Wondering if now is a bad time to be buying with the noises around Switch 2.

It was more a specific benefit to me having come from a Switch Lite rather than it being an actual benefit of the OLED model. An Original Switch would have done the same of course.

I do also play it handheld so appreciate the quality of the OLED screen itself.

Associate
It was more a specific benefit to me having come from a Switch Lite rather than it being an actual benefit of the OLED model. An Original Switch would have done the same of course.

I do also play it handheld so appreciate the quality of the OLED screen itself.
Ah, makes sense now. Cheers.

Soldato
Got a Switch OLED the other day!

Bit of an impulse purchase, working away a lot this year so wanted something to do in the evenings and decided on a switch as it will also open up some couch gaming with the Mrs (Mariokart/Overcooked) as well as the N64 for Ocarina of Time :D

I’m looking for any recommendations on classic pc ports? While I’d love Skyrim I’m not dropping £50 on it, but something that’s relatively relaxing.

Was looking at Metro 2033 Redux as I’ve never played it, but part of me wants something different to a shooter as I’m hammering Tarkov on PC at the moment!

Associate
Got a Switch OLED the other day!

Bit of an impulse purchase, working away a lot this year so wanted something to do in the evenings and decided on a switch as it will also open up some couch gaming with the Mrs (Mariokart/Overcooked) as well as the N64 for Ocarina of Time :D

I’m looking for any recommendations on classic pc ports? While I’d love Skyrim I’m not dropping £50 on it, but something that’s relatively relaxing.

Was looking at Metro 2033 Redux as I’ve never played it, but part of me wants something different to a shooter as I’m hammering Tarkov on PC at the moment!
They ported Portal and Portal 2 - watch out though as some of the games (e.g. Wolfenstein 2) are basically streamed.

Switch is for Nintendo first party games mostly in my opinion, if you've not had a Switch before, there's a lot to play!

If you want some strategy in your couch gaming, recommend Pikmin 3 for co-op (4 good but no co-op story)

Associate
Wolfenstein 2 wasn't a cloud based port, in fact its a great port considering the hardware :)
Control on the otherhand is a cloud (streamed) title so essentially very little is installed to the switch and you are just streaming the game to the console in the same way streaming works on xbox game pass.

Soldato
I'm a big advocate for cloud gamings. I was using Stadia as my primary "system" when it was around and I thought it was fantastic. I've also used xCloud and Geforce NIW, both very good.

The cloud gaming experience on Switch isn't great really. If the Switch is your only system then it'll get you by, but I'd recommend playing those games (Like Control) somewhere else if you can.

Back
Top Bottom