Baldur's Gate 3

Soldato
Starting to get the hang of this now, finally, what a game.

Needed a break from combat after the Goblin camp turned out to be surprisingly stressful and Minthara just pushed Wyll off the bridge in her room to an instadeath! I tried to take a break and found the whole beach area to the east that I completely missed first time! Beautiful relaxing stroll on the beach to de-stress, until it was not. Even the music is so good here! Haunting, I still have the tune stuck in my head this morning. And that girl playing that song on the lute, I was just smiling listening to it, it is beautiful. Early days but this game is already clearly a masterpiece.

Associate
So just a preference thing? What did you guys do?

Not sure I fancy necro, but will look into it.

Any tips when making a new character?

Just play whatever sounds cool to you, there's tons of flexibility available.

I went warlock because I love me some eldritch blast spam, and then multiclassed into paladin + warlock for a lockadin build with some heavy divine smites.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just play whatever sounds cool to you, there's tons of flexibility available.

I went warlock because I love me some eldritch blast spam, and then multiclassed into paladin + warlock for a lockadin build with some heavy divine smites.

Yeah. Will be going the wizard route me thinks :D

Associate
Starting to get the hang of this now, finally, what a game.

Needed a break from combat after the Goblin camp turned out to be surprisingly stressful and Minthara just pushed Wyll off the bridge in her room to an instadeath! I tried to take a break and found the whole beach area to the east that I completely missed first time! Beautiful relaxing stroll on the beach to de-stress, until it was not. Even the music is so good here! Haunting, I still have the tune stuck in my head this morning. And that girl playing that song on the lute, I was just smiling listening to it, it is beautiful. Early days but this game is already clearly a masterpiece.
Aaaah I remember those heady days. Goblins, walks on the beach, giant calamari for dinner. Good times!

Associate
We are nearing the end game now but dont want to complete it! keep finding little side bits to do.

The Raphael music is incredible, enjoyed that - though the fight was hard! Think there were 13 of us on our side at one point with all the summons!

Associate
We are nearing the end game now but dont want to complete it! keep finding little side bits to do.

The Raphael music is incredible, enjoyed that - though the fight was hard! Think there were 13 of us on our side at one point with all the summons!
We have now completed it, 160 something hours. enjoyed it all the way through. We have restarted as an evil playthrough and discovered 'The Dark Urge' Origin character as a type, 2 hours in and already seeing different content... looking forward to the evil :D

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I'm into Act 3 now.. great game however SUPPER FRUSTRATING that you can't go back once you progress.. I have a list of quests that I can no longer complete because they are in Act 2.. Things that I didn't realise were in act 2 until now.. Stupid that these are now locked out.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Part way into Chapter 3. Party is now 12th level and have just been back to level up and re-distribute kit across everyone at the camp.
Looking a bit mean now

Associate
Definitely something cheesy going on with dice rolls. I was in the....

Counting House vault after the thieves clean it out...

.... and there are a whole bunch of safes with 25+ rolls to lockpick. No problem for my 20DEX Astarion with buffs. However the game rolled a natural "10" 15 times in a row (no exaggeration), and perhaps 30 times in total before I had them all picked. Karmic dice off, standard difficulty, no mods. I had over 80 lockpick kits, so it wasn't a problem, but it was properly weird, and astronomically unlikely to be random.

Still absolutely love the game though, and properly loving Act 3 so far.

Last edited:
Associate
Definitely something cheesy going on with dice rolls. I was in the....

.... and there are a whole bunch of safes with 25+ rolls to lockpick. No problem for my 20DEX Astarion with buffs. However the game rolled a natural "10" 15 times in a row (no exaggeration), and perhaps 30 times in total before I had them all picked. Karmic dice off, standard difficulty, no mods. I had over 80 lockpick kits, so it wasn't a problem, but it was properly weird, and astronomically unlikely to be random.

Still absolutely love the game though, and properly loving Act 3 so far.

Since you're in Act 3, is Astarion by chance Level 11 Rogue?

Soldato
First playthrough, still trying to figure it out. I really like Astarion, but in combat, after his first sneak attack, he feels a bit weak with normal arrow shots (although the vampire bite is cool at closer range).

At first I was the default (trickster?) now Thief. I was going to change to Assassin for more damage but a lot of online guides say Assassin in weak? Is it? I thought it would do better at combat?

I just want more damage, I'll get more into the complexities of the games on my second playthrough.

Soldato
First playthrough, still trying to figure it out. I really like Astarion, but in combat, after his first sneak attack, he feels a bit weak with normal arrow shots (although the vampire bite is cool at closer range).

At first I was the default (trickster?) now Thief. I was going to change to Assassin for more damage but a lot of online guides say Assassin is weaker? Is it? I thought it would do better at combat?

I just want more damage, I'll get more into the complexities of the games on my second playthrough.

Last edited:
Associate
I think I'd reached 12 by that point, but yeah, 11 or 12.
Then in that case, the 10's you were seeing, could they have been from the "Reliable Talent" ability from Level 11 Rogue? Which is the minimum roll you can be given during a roll; so you can't roll a 1, but could have been getting a lot of 1-10 rolls during that streak you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom