Are you a top revenue earner?

Caporegime
It could say I wasted my 20s... but it's a learning curve, the experince and memories will always stay with you while the Gucci belts have long been binned.

That's the issue for me.
I don't really have any memories from it.
Its not even that I tried and failed and learnt. I just coasted. In work and personal life.

Being passive is not a good trait.

Soldato
A heated blanket and a hot water bottle do not do the same job as central heating.....
that really depends..... so long as your house isn't freezing cold and damp for most people it essentially does .
for me if I am on my own I would rather have the house at a cool but not freezing 15 degrees (less than that I put the heating on) and the use jumper, bottle or heated wrap to get the rest of the way there.

Soldato
That's the issue for me.
I don't really have any memories from it.
Its not even that I tried and failed and learnt. I just coasted. In work and personal life.

Being passive is not a good trait.

Those are the best memories.... lol
Waking up, wondering WTF happen and checking that you still have all your body parts. It's all part of the growing up experince. lol

I dredd some of the stuff I used to get up to in my 20s, but hey it's what makes me; me now.
I still have friends on the wrong side of 40s going out with the "lads", buying motorcycles that would kill them in a split second.. but I've been there and done that, I think I'm mid-life crysis safe.

Associate
Still have yet to buy my leather jacket, but I'm getting there :cool:

I'm getting a big boost approx Mar 2026, so that will help.

For my age/region I'm doing alright, for my industry I'm doing terribly :cry:

Soldato
This came up on indeed, obviously being vegan I cod not do this but if you see more suitable employment please let minnow

Screenshot-2024-03-02-20-55-30-08-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Soldato
blimey. when my (soon after ex ) wife wanted me to quit my job in Cambridge and move to Hull sorting the fish on the docks (true story). the salary was not even close to decent

Last edited:
Associate
What do you consider a top revenue earner because if you were to ask the government, they would say £12,571/pa and above i.e. the very next £1 you pay tax on!

Caporegime
There was an advert for electric blankets on telly the other day. A woman came home and the thermostat showed 16.5c, so she put on her leccy blanket.

It's fair to say my wife and I had differing views on this.
To us southerners 16 degrees is positively arctic conditions. I'd be full-on shivering.

It's been 14 degrees today and I regretted leaving my bed, quite frankly.

Soldato
I think it will be piece work for an experienced filleter i guess its all about the value of a dead fish vs the value of a fillet and how many they can generate per hour, once they have the muscle memory and hands used to freezing water i guess

Caporegime
Why should an IT job pay more just because something is deemed "less" of an intellectual job. Hard graft has just as much right to pay too.

In this generation, you're more likely to find someone who's good at IT than someone who doesn't mind working with dead animals and has built up the fine motor skills to fillet them efficiently.

In most of these types of jobs, you're not just being paid for your skills, you're being paid to do something that the average person couldn't stomach. In the same way, medium to long haul truck driving now pays very well, but a lot of people can't stand being away from home for one night, let alone 4-5. If you don’t mind travelling for work there are far more cushy jobs as well where you get to sleep in a decent bed and aren’t showering in some ******** at a service station.

Supply and demand at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Soldato
96th here and completely agree- with current interest rates/ prices, I feel like I'm closer to 50-75?

It's not even a case of lifestyle creep. Been a day contactor with a Ltd Company, wife on maternity leave from a part time job and trying to do things tax efficiently/pensions/SPV and two young kids with nursery/school fees. I feel poorer than I was when I was PAYE earning a third of what I do now and a wife was working more days in the past.

Back
Top Bottom