Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd - 4th March 2024]

Caporegime
We had most of our team out last weekend against Chelsea yet the replacements fought for each other, never stopped running and knew where to go to cover when there were overlaps or someone was out of position.

United don’t look well managed at all in comparison, in fact they don’t look well managed compared to most teams, they just have a better squad and more quality than other teams.

Lol It was a last minute goal against a Chelsea team in just as bad a situation and are currently 11th in the league! Do not make it look like Liverpool did something truly heroic. You struggled even more than us to beat Forest. For 80 minutes of the 90 United managed to keep things level with the current treble holders with a hacked together first 11. It is not even comparable.

Man of Honour
What manager is going to get results with a back 4 of Dalot, Varane, Evans and Lindelof at LB with zero strikers.

I've watched pretty much every game this season. There is just nothing there. Minimal effort from the players, absolutely no tactics defensively or offensively... nothing. It's incredibly dull. Ten Hag just talks rubbish in his interviews and doesn't seem to know what is going on, or what he wants.

You have to look at patterns not just individual results. Most teams have a few injuries at any one time, if you need your strongest XI to not look like relegation fodder, you can't manage in the Premier League.

I'm not going to blindly defend the manager and players. They all need to look at themselves in the mirror and see this is just not acceptable. It's infuriating and I am fed up with it.

At the same time I also accept that the players aren't particularly great, and certainly today against City we could have lost even with a great manager and better players.

The manager has had the best part of two seasons now, he's got in quite a few players he wanted, and it's worse than ever before. Our goal difference is -2 after 27 games for god sake. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lol It was a last minute goal against a Chelsea team in just as bad a situation and are currently 11th in the league! Do not make it look like Liverpool did something truly heroic. You struggled even more than us to beat Forest. For 80 minutes of the 90 United managed to keep things level with the current treble holders with a hacked together first 11. It is not even comparable.
Congratulations for completely missing the point I was making but love does stupid things to some people I suppose.

Caporegime
why do you always love the inept utd managers so much first ole now ten haag

Arteta finished 8th twice in a row and has won a single cup.

ETH is the fastest manager in Ajax history to 100 wins and fastest manager to 50 wins with United. Believe it or not even with our torrid season ETH still holds a 60% win percentage which is still greater than Arteta who has had two strong seasons so far.

Liverpool had an equally torrid season due to injuries last year and had even less points than United now at the same part of the season.

ETH needs to be able to build his team and that takes time.

Caporegime
I've watched pretty much every game this season. There is just nothing there. Minimal effort from the players, absolutely no tactics defensively or offensively... nothing. It's incredibly dull. Ten Hag just talks rubbish in his interviews and doesn't seem to know what is going on, or what he wants.

You have to look at patterns not just individual results. Most teams have a few injuries at any one time, if you need your strongest XI to not look like relegation fodder, you can't manage in the Premier League.

I'm not going to blindly defend the manager and players. They all need to look at themselves in the mirror and see this is just not acceptable. It's infuriating and I am fed up with it.

At the same time I also accept that the players aren't particularly great, and certainly today against City we could have lost even with a great manager and better players.

The manager has had the best part of two seasons now, he's got in quite a few players he wanted, and it's worse than ever before. Our goal difference is -2 after 27 games for god sake. :D

He needs to be able to build the squad that can do what he needs. We haven't had a stable back four all season. To blindly ignore that is just mental imo.

Soldato
ETH needs to be able to build his team and that takes time.
You realise he's only got a year left on his contract, let's assume he stays for the final year (even though his whole demeanour suggests he knows he is a dead man walking), what's the absolute minimum he needs to achieve next season to get a contract renewal?

Soldato
What is it with Amrabat and Antony? They run about loads and at least appear to be trying but my God they both look so far from Premier League level footballers it’s frightening - Amrabat in particular looks so far from the required skill level it baffles me anyone thought he’d be a useful squad addition, even as a loaner.

Caporegime
You’re joking right ?
He got the striker he wanted
He got the winger he wanted
He got the midfielder he wanted
He got the goalkeeper he wanted
He got the players he wanted

Hojlund, Malacia, Martinez, Mount. All his purchases. All missing through injury. 250 million worth of players all out injured.

His only outfield player that started the game was Casemiro and if you include freebie Evans. All the rest are not his.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom