*** NEW Fractal Design Case - Coming Soon ***

Soldato
Just ordered mine in black along with some new bits going back to a midi tower rather than the annoying htpc type i have now. Hopefully get my email soon saying i can collect.

Soldato
Right, the CPU backplate hole isn't positioned right if you have a P6T Deluxe and a Scycthe Mugen 2 on it. A bit of a pain. I've got a bit of a clicking noise coming from the PSU too ever since transferring into the new case. A quick google says it might be to do with the voltage regulator switching on and off if something isn't grounded correctly. I'm not sure if this is to do with the matal backplate being in contact with the case becuase the hole isn't big enough if it's shorting somewhere else or a different issue. Will have to check it out after the weekend.
Other than that I'm very impressed after the initial build. The PSU wire holes are brilliant and I've managed to very effectively hide nearly every wire from a non-modular 700W Be Quiet PSUand it looks the biz, will get pics up later.

Last edited:
Associate
well i tried to place a 650w gold seasonic and the intake on the case is in the wroung place its out by 25% so some of the fan is blocked not good at all as its a small size standard psu not the big ones.

also i dont know why they put a grill for the psu at the bottom of the case it would have been better to have a 120mm cut out as all psu`s have there own grill or some sort of protected grills built into the psu, this caused the case grills and psu grill to part block the intake as well so time i put my psu in the case there was about 50% blocked intake for the air not a good start at all.

i was not happy with the case and have had 2 the first was damaged becasue of the sound proofing coming of so went stright back the 2nd the top of the case had a bad finish where the top 2 fans sit if you look at it it looks like the screws that hold the blocking plates in place are bending the top of the case this makes me think the case is not very thick or strong and this was on both cases.

also the sound proofing was starting to come of at the top of the case, i dont think fractal are using strong glue and heat in the case could cause problems in the future as heat could make the glue shoft and make the sound proofing come of this seemed to happen on the 2 case i had. they need to use stronger glue

the 2nd problem is the cpu cut out does not support 100% of cpus and fractal are going to change this in the newer cases but to be honest it should have been done stright away its a new case not a 6 month old case.

the paint job is not good to as you remove the hd bays or any screws like on the psu all the paint comes of and you can see the shiny silver metal under the black paint now i dont know how good the paint will last over time on the outside but if its as thin on the outside as it is on the inside it could scratch very easy and that would not do.

the front door looks very nice but at close up its just plastic i thought the front door would be made of metal but it was not and there was no hd led or reset button i could have lived without a reset button but no hd led ? how much to add not much i bet.

the case does look nice but i think the build quality is not there, i might be Spoiled as the past 3 case i have had are antec but this might be a good case at this price point but for £20 more i am going for the antec p183 or the lian li b10 maybe as this is a lot of cash but if not it will be the p183.

a lot of people are happy with the case but i was not to many faults and design problems

just my thoughts which i would share, i have herd others having problems with the sound proofing comming of to and bad paint job so it was not just me.

its just not the case for me i like my components to last

thanks all

Was this the sort of problem you had:

4331693721_00df5225bd_m.jpg

Mine arrived today like this, the bitumen isn't lined up with the fan hole either. Really annoyed me as I was looking forward to making my new i5 build over the weekend and now I am having to start an RMA process and stare at a load of parts I can't use.

Associate

Mine arrived today like this, the bitumen isn't lined up with the fan hole either. Really annoyed me as I was looking forward to making my new i5 build over the weekend and now I am having to start an RMA process and stare at a load of parts I can't use.

Wow thats really bad work there.

Associate
Wow thats really bad work there.

I tried to pull it out flat to see if I could just carry on with it, but the bitumen isn't lined up with the fan hole properly and the glue barely holds it at all. Really has me a little worried about the case under heat long term, bitumen flopped over the CPU cooler or GPU isn't gonna help those temps. I have contacted Fractal about it as I run a business myself and would want to know about issues like this. Love the style and functionality of the case, but if this is remotely common they will end up with some pretty unhappy customers.

Associate
That is unfortunate. However, I think you're in the minority; the vast majority of us with this case seem to be extremely happy with it.

Having had direct contact with Fractal, I do believe they'll take note of these rare problems and address them however necessary. :)

Associate
That is unfortunate. However, I think you're in the minority; the vast majority of us with this case seem to be extremely happy with it.

Having had direct contact with Fractal, I do believe they'll take note of these rare problems and address them however necessary. :)

Nice to know. Given they are a small new company then maybe they are still at a stage of giving personal responses to things :D

Associate
I'm happy with mine but I also did have a bitumen problem.

It wasn't glued down properly at the top of the case above the DVD drive. Not much of a problem really, just part of it is nearly resting on top of the drive.

Associate
The bitumen on mine was very firmly attached, that picture is crazy! I wonder if the glue they're using doesn't like some part of the shipping process... (cold in containers maybe?)

Associate
got mine today, Awesome case. The cable management is great, the black and white theme is cool. So minimal. Under my desk you cant even tell its really a pc. Idle temps are good. I tried different fan configs and found exhaust at top is best. Its very quiet. My Q9550 OC'd to 3.6 ghz at 29 idle.
:)

Associate
One of the corners of my bitumen sheet had come unstuck during transit, but it was simply a case of bending it back down, it had glue on the back of it that was still very sticky. Was only a small area tbh, apart from that I absolutely love the case, can barely hear my pc now, I actually had to check it was on this morning!

Associate

hi mate this is the same problem I had, I had 2 cases one with the side sound proofing comming of and the 2nd case had the sound proofing comming of at the top just under the cd drive bay.

I think the sound proofing is badly glued on and one of the reasons I gave up on this case and bought an antec p183. The problem is if the heat from the pc components heat up the glue it will make it soft and prob start to peel later
on.

I did not want to take this chance so sent them both back, the build quality to me was not that good with the above problem and the psu intake not in the right place and poor case build quality just made me send them back.

The only 2 case left for me was the antec p183 or lian li b.

Hope you get it sorted but fractal need to change how they attach the sound proofing on these case but I bet more people who have these will find this out.

Back
Top Bottom