• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Matt any idea when the new drivers are expected, providing support for CF in TW Attila?

A profile for this new title should be in our next drivers, not the ones that are due soon as it just missed the cut off point.

However i would not anticipate such a long time between drivers for the next release.

21 days after the release of Dying Light and I still can't use my crossfire... Shame on you AMD!

They're almost ready folks, we just want to keep up the high standards we've set with the 14.12 Omega and previous drivers.

Associate
Done quite a few tests and i'm pretty sure it's a driver issue. The Hitman benchmark with 1 card hits an average of 65% GPU load with a high of 73%. In-game it actually fares much better 99-100% GPU usage. In terms of the freezing, I'm testing both cards individually, and I've used GPU stress tests and had no issues even with dual cards. The weird thing is the random freezing happens on the desktop, when idle, ie viewing webpages.

Still working my butt off to see what the root cause it :)

I'll try a few others games, single card, and dual card, but surely if the card had faults it wouldn't run the games properly or an intensive GPU stress test.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just ran Thief last night with Mantle, and Mantle crossfire.

Matt, did you say the Vram is double when in mantle mode? So instead of 2GB of Vram I actually have 4?
Also, does battlefield 4 do the same thing?
Never used mantle before, and was surprised at how smooth everything was!

Soldato
I just ran Thief last night with Mantle, and Mantle crossfire.

Matt, did you say the Vram is double when in mantle mode? So instead of 2GB of Vram I actually have 4?
Also, does battlefield 4 do the same thing?
Never used mantle before, and was surprised at how smooth everything was!

Not yet that is a possible feature Mantle could use for future games.

Associate
A profile for this new title should be in our next drivers, not the ones that are due soon as it just missed the cut off point.

However i would not anticipate such a long time between drivers for the next release.
Let's hope so...
Can I order crossfire profile for Witcher 3 Wild Hunt to be ready on realese date?
ta

Associate

They're almost ready folks, we just want to keep up the high standards we've set with the 14.12 Omega and previous drivers.

Almost ready? Like any moment? :)

I just checked the website and get an error when looking for the latest Win8 64bit driver

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+8.1+-+64

Back
Top Bottom