Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Caporegime
Then I am out some money! I don't see why you wouldn't be able to activate it on your microsoft account via PC though. It wouldn't make sense for you not to be able to.

It would if the Play Anywhere version is an addon as part of the XB1 game.

The longer this goes on the more im getting convinced that there isn't going to be a PC only release of this game. It looks like an XB1 game, or an XB1 with PC Play Anywhere. There is no PC only option or even any talk of one.

Last edited:
Soldato
It would if the Play Anywhere version is an addon as part of the XB1 game.

The longer this goes on the more im getting convinced that there isn't going to be a PC only release of this game. It looks like an XB1 game, or an XB1 with PC Play Anywhere. There is no PC only option or even any talk of one.

If that's the case I will be making sure I get my money back for misleading advertising. Nowhere does it mention that you need an Xbox One to play the game.

Soldato
Definitely getting this. I was looking at getting the new One S to replace my One but as I only got it for Forza and the odd other title, it is currently collecting dust. Going to sell that and get this for sure.

Whilst on Steam would be advantageous, how can you not upgrade to Windows 10?? The best OS by far. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Heard mixed opinions about it so far but I most definitely will in due time, just not now:p

Associate
As long as MS price this reasonably, their last few games on the windows store have been expensive compared to what PC gamers are used to, then will get this. Also the new windows anniversary update is out soon and is supposed to add/fix a lot of things.

Soldato
After doing some digging I still can't see anything about needing an Xbox in any way. I have checked microsoft's own sites including terms and conditions and it doesn't say this at all.

Features may vary between Xbox One and Windows 10 versions of game. Xbox One game disc for use only with Xbox One systems. Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately) required for online multiplayer on Xbox One. Cross-device play only in Xbox Live-supported countries, see xbox.com/live/countries. Some music features may not be available in some countries. See forzamotorsport.net.

Soldato
Going by Forza Apex I see no reason it would run badly and the Forza games are insanely highly regarded, both the standard and horizon games.
Should keep in mind that this a 30fps game on XB1, not 60fps like with Forza Motorsport. Meaning that it's likely to be a fair bit more demanding than Forza Apex is.

Nothing that a 970-level card or better should have any trouble with at 1080p/60fps and extra AA, though.

Also, if Forza Apex is anything to go by, I'd expect AMD cards to be much better for it, so you might even get away with less if you're using one.

Soldato
As long as MS price this reasonably, their last few games on the windows store have been expensive compared to what PC gamers are used to
They will price it like they price on console. Most big games on PC are usually roughly on par with console pricing, it's just that there's normally so many retailers competing and giving discounts or shady key resellers that a little looking around will get you a better price. Wont be the case on Windows Store unless you find some region exploit like with what happened with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Honestly, people should not complain about £40-45 for a AAA game. We're lucky game prices are still as low as they are and PC gamers are especially spoiled.

Soldato
Should keep in mind that this a 30fps game on XB1, not 60fps like with Forza Motorsport. Meaning that it's likely to be a fair bit more demanding than Forza Apex is.

Nothing that a 970-level card or better should have any trouble with at 1080p/60fps and extra AA, though.

Also, if Forza Apex is anything to go by, I'd expect AMD cards to be much better for it, so you might even get away with less if you're using one.

I have seen sites saying it'll be fps unlocked but not FOV unlocked so I am hoping it won't be 30fps.

I am on a 390X which handles Apex maxed at 1440p with ease. It's fantastic.

I have long wanted a Gran Turismo/Forza style game on PC. Something fairly realistic but not to the point that a lot of PC games go to. Also with some form of progression that GT has done so well.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have seen sites saying it'll be fps unlocked but not FOV unlocked so I am hoping it won't be 30fps.

I have long wanted a Gran Turismo/Forza style game on PC. Something fairly realistic but not to the point that a lot of PC games go to. Also with some form of progression that GT has done so well.
It's not gonna be 30fps. I'm just saying that as a 30fps game on console, it is more demanding than Forza Motorsport(which is what Apex was based off of).

Basically, like if you were getting 60fps in Forza Apex using a GTX760, it does not mean you'll get 60fps in Forza Horizon. Just trying to keep expectations in check so people dont make claims that it's 'less optimized' than Forza Apex or whatever.

Last edited:
Soldato

I purchased a second hand X1 and played Forza 6 and a few other games in it, then nabbed the gamepad and gone back to PC and use the gamepad occasionally (also use a DS4 pad and prefer this more TBH on PC) and share my gaming time between Steam, Origin and PSN on the PS4.

So if I need to activate any forza games on X1 then I have the console already but I'd be pretty miffed if MS do force activation on an X1 first before allowing play anywhere.

Forza Apex on my 980ti ran smooth as butter. So I've got high hopes for future PC forza games, as like you, been a long time waiting for a Forza /GT PC game. The wait looks to be almost over.

Caporegime
If that's the case I will be making sure I get my money back for misleading advertising. Nowhere does it mention that you need an Xbox One to play the game.

Its on the Xbox Store, and next to every Pre Order option it says "Console: Xbox One".

If it does turn out to need an Xbox I don't think you could really claim ignorance.

I hope it doesn't, but until thats confirmed I'm not spending any money on it. I'd also like to be able to buy a pure PC version that has no Xbox One copy, as that will hopefully be cheaper (Rise of the Tomb Raider is £10 cheaper on the Windows 10 Store than on the Xbox Store, for example).

Soldato
Its on the Xbox Store, and next to every Pre Order option it says "Console: Xbox One".

If it does turn out to need an Xbox I don't think you could really claim ignorance.

I hope it doesn't, but until thats confirmed I'm not spending any money on it. I'd also like to be able to buy a pure PC version that has no Xbox One copy, as that will hopefully be cheaper (Rise of the Tomb Raider is £10 cheaper on the Windows 10 Store than on the Xbox Store, for example).

I didn't get it from there. Where I got it it clearly states Xbox One/Windows 10.

As I said, nowhere does it state in any way that an Xbox one is needed to activate the PC version of the game. Not on the sites that are selling it, not on their official sites, not in their conditions.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I got it from the rainforest. It clearly states [Xbox One/Windows 10 - Download Code] on it.

It also says this:

UK_Redeem_600x232_5_desktop._CB299011735_.jpg

Like I said, you could be right, and I hope you are. But at the moment theres no difinative answer and I'm not going to splurge £50 to find out it doesn't work (especially considering Digital Codes are non-refundable).

Back
Top Bottom