2024 OLED bonanza take your pick from dozens of new monitors

Suspended
But in another thread you said you won't buy a monitor without G Synce Pulsar so stuck with LCD trash as you put it :p
Was just blinded by that new tech. But I wont ever go POS LCD. This tech Can still come to OLED, but I manage well without it!

So Back to your POS LCD tech, and Enjoy that worthless picture quality huh! ;)

Last edited:
Associate
This is probably the right thread, to ramble a little bit while staying on topic.

Just bought the S90C 55" OLED TV (Which I can then change into a S95C) for higher peak brightness than it's shipped with, with a service remote (voiding warranty, potentially) but worth the risk. Got it with a soundbar + cashback for under £900 :)

leaving me with the need for a faster paced more responsive baby monitor for fps games and the like, so I'll likely end up getting a 27" 360hz 1440p monitor now to pair with it, probably the Alienware at this point.

Went round in circles the last couple of days deciding on what to do, I was going to go with both the 4K 240hz and 360hz Alienware monitors earlier in the day, until I saw how much I could get the S90C for, then it was a no brainer. I guess I'd like to know which one is a better experience between the two from anyone that may know. I should probably buy them both and compare then return the one I don't like as much, if I don't get an answer, but I'd probably value higher frame rates... for the games I'd need it for. Got the 55" for content consumption and single player games now.

Associate
All the same, I'd be tempted by the Gigabyte as I'm just not sure if I'd like the curve of the Alienware...
They should try their best to price the non DP2.1 monitors at a competitive range, for the DP2.1 they can probably get away with a higher price, and nothing else in this category will have it for a few months, or potentially even longer.

Got my S90C all set up now, modified it in the service menu to be a S95C and it's crazy bright :)

well worth doing for anyone who is after higher brightness output and doesn't mind risking their warranty ;)

Doesn't leave me much space if any to have another monitor without shifting the PC off the desk as well.

I'll likely wait for the Gigabyte DP 2.1 model which is what I wanted anyway, or see if any random discounts or codes appear for another product for now, price pending of course, or the Alienware will get my money, but I'll wait to see what is confirmed

Back
Top Bottom