2024 OLED bonanza take your pick from dozens of new monitors

Soldato
How bright a room are poeple using their monitors in? I used my AW2725DF at 50% brightness and find that more the enough. It came at a default of 75% and that was way too bright for me

Associate
How bright a room are poeple using their monitors in? I used my AW2725DF at 50% brightness and find that more the enough. It came at a default of 75% and that was way too bright for me
For office use definitely, for gaming I like to crank it up to 75% or so(aw34 but brightness profile is more or less the same)

Associate
Anyone with a recent OLED monitor find any issues with very white backgrounds and the monitor auto dulling etc? I want one but it will be used for work and as a graphic designer I can't have things being dulled on me.

Associate

I was actually put off by the reviews of the 2023 OLED monitors that claimed they were too dim so decided to wait until 2024 and see what improvements it would bring.

I got my AW2725DF last week as a replacement for a ASUS PG279Q IPS monitor that was admittedly painfully bright on 100% brightness so I only ever used it at 25%-50% depending on the lighting conditions but it was mostly 25% to keep the blacks looking dark and counter that horrid IPS glow.

After 5 days of using the new Dell monitor, I find the 75% default brightness to be perfectly fine even during the day and more than sufficient at night while gaming in the dark. The monitor is actually too bright when using the HDR Peak 1000 mode so I think I may switch to using the HDR TrueBlack 400 instead which still shows bright highlights on a par with my 2019 LG B9 OLED TV, which I still think offers a great HDR experience for movies and games.

Man of Honour
Anyone with a recent OLED monitor find any issues with very white backgrounds and the monitor auto dulling etc? I want one but it will be used for work and as a graphic designer I can't have things being dulled on me.
That will either be caused by the ABL (Automatic Brightness Limiter) which can cause dimming as the content on the screen changes, especially obvious if you resize a white office window. or perhaps caused by an ASBL (Automatic Static Brightness Limiter) which dims the screen when it detects static content.

OLED monitors shouldn't feature ASBL at all, but ABL is used on some monitors. you'd ideally want one with a 'uniform brightness' mode like all of Asus' models, or some others that have this enabled by default. that would avoid that dimming :)

Associate
Anyone have any idea on the UK release dates for the new ASUS ROG OLED panels?.... I've been patiently waiting for the PG34WCDM, but it seems to keep getting pushed back whenever I see pre-order dates, frustrating as it appears its already on sale in the US, and you're seeing UK based tech youtubers / influencers openly using them, you'd have thought a retail release wouldn't 't have been far behind review models been sent out, and that was at least a month ago when your likes of Hardware/Monitors Unboxed, SpawnPoint (As much as this shill winds me up with his blatant paid for bias), LTT etc had these monitors in for review.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not jealous at of all these OLED owners :cry: At least being skint for a while gives me a chance to see how it all pans out. Some extra motivation to get the "computer room" redecorated too ;)

Back
Top Bottom