** 8 PACK BUNDLE: 6700K OC, AIO, ASUS HERO, 16GB 3000MHz & MORE FOR £499.99 (£270 SAVING) **

Associate
Can anyone answer whether its better to pull or push air through the rad? its going to be mounted at the front of my case as that the only place it will fit.

Thanks

Soldato
Why don't people who missed out just buy a £100 Z170 motherboard, you will still clock a 6700K to 4.5GHz lol. The Hero is nothing special.

By the time you have priced up 16GB ram installed with a RETAIL 6700K, you're looking at £500. How many of you already have a cooler anyway? lol

Associate
Why don't people who missed out just buy a £100 Z170 motherboard, you will still clock a 6700K to 4.5GHz lol. The Hero is nothing special.

By the time you have priced up 16GB ram installed with a RETAIL 6700K, you're looking at £500. How many of you already have a cooler anyway? lol

Me :(

I'm starting from scratch

Associate
By then i7 7700k will be so close you might aswell just wait for that tbh.

and you can pay a premium to be an early adopter and gain a small bump in performance?

Because you've spent £500 for a lesser motherboard and no free cooler? If you already have a cooler sell one of them for an even better deal.

Soldato

so you get a lesser board and no cooler for the same price, sounds like an excellent idea! :p
think i'll just wait for the 28th to be honest!

Soldato
Bobie8 said:
and you can pay a premium to be an early adopter and gain a small bump in performance?

Because you've spent £500 for a lesser motherboard and no free cooler? If you already have a cooler sell one of them for an even better deal.
Thekwango said:
so you get a lesser board and no cooler for the same price, sounds like an excellent idea! :p
think i'll just wait for the 28th to be honest!
It's a good deal and I can understand people waiting for deals and in this instance wanting to save money by flogging the cooler etc. £100 motherboard or £300 motherboard - they will all do 4.5GHz, you're not going to increase your FPS, most of the features on that board no one will even use. :D

Check out this guys videos, all he's using is a basic £18 Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 and even in CPU intensive games he's not breaking 60ºC with a 6700K @ 4.6GHz.

Soldato
It's a good deal and I can understand people waiting for deals and in this instance wanting to save money by flogging the cooler etc. £100 motherboard or £300 motherboard - they will all do 4.5GHz, you're not going to increase your FPS, most of the features on that board no one will even use. :D

Check out this guys videos, all he's using is a basic £18 Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 and even in CPU intensive games he's not breaking 60ºC with a 6700K @ 4.6GHz.

getting the same results with a lesser board and cooler is not in question. yes you could likely get the same results for about the same money but with lesser equipment. but why use lesser equipment when you can use higher end stuff for the same money?! I don't see what you are trying to prove/disprove?!

you may not use all the features the board offers, that doesn't no one else will. if you have the chance to have more options available for the same cost why not take it!?

anywho, no point debating the pro's and con's - some people see it for what it is while others for some reason are trying to almost discredit the deal. each to their own. I know what i'll be doing on the ~30th December and it involves a maximus VIII motherboard! :p

Soldato
Thekwango said:
getting the same results with a lesser board and cooler is not in question. yes you could likely get the same results for about the same money but with lesser equipment. but why use lesser equipment when you can use higher end stuff for the same money?! I don't see what you are trying to prove/disprove?!

you may not use all the features the board offers, that doesn't no one else will. if you have the chance to have more options available for the same cost why not take it!?

anywho, no point debating the pro's and con's - some people see it for what it is while others for some reason are trying to almost discredit the deal. each to their own. I know what i'll be doing on the ~30th December and it involves a maximus VIII motherboard! :p
Yeah. I can see where you're all coming from. Hey look at me, I'm still living in the stone age with my rig. :D If someone blew £500 in the summer on a 6700K rig, they won't be losing any sleep over this deal anyways. :)

I might even look at this deal myself on the 28th, although will probally wait to see what AMD brings to the table. I'm in no rush to upgrade. :)

Soldato
Doogles said:
By then i7 7700k will be so close you might aswell just wait for that tbh.
Yeah, probally be around same pricing as a 6700K system is now. Basic £100 board, i7 7700K, 16GB Ram; latest tech, better performance.

Associate
Right i missed this because im a long distance lorry driver in uk
yes delivering all the goodies for you lot for xmas lol and have been away .
i will be on to this gibbo on the 28th for sure

tink

Associate
Thanks for this deal as I was able to pick it up. Cooler won't fit in my case so not sure what I will do with it but I think can use the extra fans. I was planning on i5-6600k so to get this at nearly the exact price point after VAT is really nice despite the delivery charge which is ok all things considering. Need a GPU now but might hold off. :)

Associate
I was planning on upgrading the guts of my PC, saw this deal and decided shift my plans forward as this was significantly cheaper that a similar build I'd specced up. Hoping the stock does come in tomorrow as I can't wait to upgrade with these components :)

Associate
The deal is back on the 28th!! This is a fabulous deal. End of!!

Lets hear no more about can u do this, I don't need that buy the bundle or you will feel a prat!! :)

If this deal is back on this Monday, i'm defo going to buy!

Is there any way for me to get an update to my phone when it's available? :)

Back
Top Bottom