8pack Supernova - build log!

Associate
Hehe, Shawy, 6 boxes :)
You should see my spare room - it's full of boxes of stuff that went inside my S8 and there is still more to come.
Your build is going to be epic too.
Can't wait for more updates :)

Associate
OP
You massive tease :p

Love the plastidip, I might do that too. Ya, I saw heard people say the entire loop froths like crazy and takes hours to clear up. I haven't yet gone to that stage so that's why I was wondering if I can get away like you did with just the rads. They are the culprit pretty much every time anyway.

Yeah, waterblocks, pump tops and reservoirs are usually milled out of solid pieces and then screwed together and are generally clean. It wouldn't hurt to flush them out, but it's not strictly necessary.

Woops, I meant the bottom pic sorry, not the bottom compartment. *Dies of embarrasment*

My mistake, vsg28 is right - about 780mm tall. When the feet and external panels are installed it sits at around 820mm

Hehe, Shawy, 6 boxes :)
You should see my spare room - it's full of boxes of stuff that went inside my S8 and there is still more to come.
Your build is going to be epic too.
Can't wait for more updates :)

At least you have a spare room! My bedroom is still full of my own build log (still in pieces, really need to get it finished :rolleyes:). That plus my next build log that I haven't even started yet but keep spending money on lol. Oh and a bunch of car audio and interior trip pieces…

I need an intervention with all of this modding. :D

Soldato
The 5litres of Mayhems Ultra Pure distilled water wasn't enough. I had to break out the big guns.
YU8zegW.jpg

That 25 litres of distilled water is out of date. Unacceptable, never buying from OCUK again, etc etc.

(Who am I kidding, I'm probably going to get an Infinity this week. The fans in my XClio Windtunnel are starting to die. :()

Associate
OP
Ask ScottiB to pop in and tell us the case specs please :) and btw shawy they don't call you a master builder for no reason nice work :)

Will do when I'm back in tomorrow. :)

But for now, some more prep work from the build.

3 little Titan blacks before
sokvDYD.jpg

A cheeky little nude shot of the cards :o
zgEbCba.jpg

And quickly covered back up
ifrMep5.jpg

Similar story for the DDC pumps
UxI0R3k.jpg

Their new house inside the EK mod kit
XuXK9Ov.jpg

And with a Bitspower top
XqE7QoS.jpg

A comparison of stock DDC to the EK mod kit and Bitspower top:
ZYNqjqZ.jpg
The kit makes the unit quite a lot taller, but looks much better, is far easier to mount, and will run a lot cooler.

Next up the board
xtqrCDa.jpg
And, of course, the chip specially binned by 8pack himself!

Naked again :o
FV6S3fm.jpg

Don't worry, that filth was soon covered up
OWkgKb2.jpg

As was the processor
13u4Pxx.jpg

All EK Nickel Acetal water blocks in this build.
oQntKda.jpg

All nice and uniform
hrgINAH.jpg
cDSNxSN.jpg

Time to get some fittings & tubing on board with some Bitspower Blood Red compressions and rotaries.
pkiW0CC.jpg

I'm not gonna lie and say this piece was easy
vcDT7HZ.jpg

This bit was
cxBqIIV.jpg

But the tubing didn't even stick out of the compression ring
VNeXS2o.jpg

And once the tubing was on the fitting, the compression ring was touching the threads
20Nr6yU.jpg

And it was finally screwed in
eaWXixr.jpg

The second piece was a lot easier to fit
QDmTt4a.jpg

And a quick look of how the graphics cards will contrast with their black fittings.
j94QNOW.jpg
Eagle eyed amongst you will notice one of the crystal link fittings is missing - don't worry, it was on it's way from CaseKing at the time, and I did remember to fit it before filling the loop. :p

Associate
How come you didn't go with a couple of 90 degree adapters and an extender instead of that ridiculously small piece of tubing and compressions? It would have made your life a lot easier.

Example from an older build:

4D5pAlRl.jpg

I will be re-doing it with a single fitting in the middle but you get the point. Love the acetal blocks + red fittings color scheme!

Associate
OP
How come you didn't go with a couple of 90 degree adapters and an extender instead of that ridiculously small piece of tubing and compressions? It would have made your life a lot easier.

Example from an older build:

I will be re-doing it with a single fitting in the middle but you get the point. Love the acetal blocks + red fittings color scheme!

Aesthetics & uniformity.

Thread gets better. :)

You ain't seen nothing yet. :p

Underboss
Moar I need MOARRR!

Ease me into the weekend by finishing the build log today. Please I am already bored at work and need some decent to look at!

Pwease, there is some Harribo in it for you :D

Back
Top Bottom