A friend and the cat.

Soldato
No way really except to tell them off and keep moving them down stairs. Even older ones will learn eventually. Best thing is just to keep doors closed in rooms you want to prevent access to.

Associate
I'd pre emtivily call the RSPCA myself and ask their advice.

If they say its fine for the cat to just live in the kitchen you can tell your friend.

If they say its unsuitable you can either decide with your wife to let the cat in or the RSPCA will take the cat from you for re homing.

Soldato
Ofc the RSPCA will say is fine, there is nothing legally wrong with it. Some cats are absolutely fine in one room at night if it is what they are use to. This one probably wont like it but I cant imagine the RSPCA will say anything against it.

Leave the cat in the kitchen over night and see if it spends much time mewing to get out.

Soldato
you need to get to the bottom of why is it urinating on the mat. could be stress and/or underlying health issue (assuming it has been neutered and isn't simply marking its territory).

realistically you cannot expect a good quality of life by keeping it in a single room.

if your wife really CBA then look at re-homing the poor thing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's fairly obvious that your friend is right. You and your partner should not have a cat.

Give the cat to someone who isn't a ****.

Soldato
Cats where a substitute for kids.
What I though was below the belt when my "friend" said we we where bad parents. As if a child and a cat are the same.
The cat will probably be fine, as if you don't want it any more it will **** off and find someone who does...

What your friend was getting at is the attitude of abandoning your committment to the responsibility for a life. If one can so readily just drop that, one would wonder at how one's offspring will turn out.
Maybe she was never a cat person to begin with, but it does show cause for concern.

Soldato
Cats where a substitute for kids.

What I though was below the belt when my "friend" said we we where bad parents. As if a child and a cat are the same.

Why would you want to keep someone like this as a friend, sounds like he just wants to cause you problems all the time over something that is nothing to do with him.

First up, man up and tell him to **** off, then deal with the cat and wife issue in a way you deem appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom