Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2016, Yas Marina - Race 21/21

Rate the 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Yeah, because Rosberg was trying his best in the last few races since Sepang. :rolleyes:

You can't compare points here and there as if Hamilton's engine hadn't expired in Sepang, there's little chance he would have won each race since 1-2 to Rosberg. While Hamilton was winning in Sepang, remember Rosberg was spun out at the start by Vettel, and had won 3 on the trot at that point.

Rosberg has been playing the percentage game since, just as every driver has in his situation throughout the history of F1.

My point still stands. if his engine never blew up he would now be the WDC. FACT.
I'm not talking about anyone else. Why you bring them in to this is beyond me.

Because it wasn't included in the radio transcripts that probably accounts for less than 10% of all radio broadcasts doesn't mean he wasn't asking, which he almost certainly was.

Even the team asking Rosberg to move over wasn't included in the transcripts.

Citation needed.

Soldato
This biggest shocker in all of this is Lewis drove around on the go slow and Ferrari and Redbull still couldn't overtake both Mercs. Hell Riciardo and Kimi were no-where!

So many big teams with so much history, and it's pretty sad. It all comes down the the rules (they all signed up to) limiting development during the season, so whoever comes out with the best car at the beginning of the season gets to keep their lead for the whole year. Hopefully with the change of that for next year we'll see teams be able to develop their car and engine so that they will be able to catch up, or come up with clever ideas throughout the whole of the year.

I bet you they all thought they would make a great car and then everyone would be stuck behind them for the whole year, unable to catch up. Then they all got hoisted by their own petards when Mercedes (who had been mediocre for several seasons) came out in that first year with an unbeatable car and kept that lead for three years.

Caporegime
I reckon it'll be about Feb 2017 before the bickering between the two fanbases blows over.

It's the same every year with whoever is against Hamilton for their constant bile.

Everything was always Alonso's fault, then Vettel and Button and now Rosberg. Heikki wasn't an issue so that was a quiet period in the life of a Hamilton fanboy.

Vettel was pounded on regularly any time anyone said he was faultless.

"it's easy to be mistake free when your car is a second faster"

"he's only winning because he's in a superior car"

Those arguments dissapear or you are a hater for suggesting the same things about Lewis in the most successful car of all time. Lewis will be back to making regular mistakes if it get's closer but he will also provide a hell of a lot more wheel to wheel entertainment. Hopefully there will be a few more drivers in with a chance next year so they can spread the hate about a bit. Poor "nicola" needs a rest.

Soldato
It's the same every year with whoever is against Hamilton for their constant bile.

Everything was always Alonso's fault, then Vettel and Button and now Rosberg. Heikki wasn't an issue so that was a quiet period in the life of a Hamilton fanboy.

Vettel was pounded on regularly any time anyone said he was faultless.

"it's easy to be mistake free when your car is a second faster"

"he's only winning because he's in a superior car"

Those arguments dissapear or you are a hater for suggesting the same things about Lewis in the most successful car of all time. Lewis will be back to making regular mistakes if it get's closer but he will also provide a hell of a lot more wheel to wheel entertainment. Hopefully there will be a few more drivers in with a chance next year so they can spread the hate about a bit. Poor "nicola" needs a rest.

Umm Red Bull had the superior car not mercedes.. 4 years!

Gux

Gux

Associate
Did you miss the "Hamilton's power unit gave up in the Malaysia race" ?
That's 25 points gone and the WDC. You can forget about all the rest.
And the bad starts was down to Merc. They admitted it but only got it right a race or two ago. But don't let facts get in the way.

Yes I know his power unit gave up in Malaysia, so what? He had 21 races, the longest season ever in F1 to make up the deficit. He lost the WDC by 5 points, meaning any small mistake he made this year also cost him. :rolleyes:

The fact is, every time he started on pole and had a bad start and as a result did not win, essentially cost him 14 points per race. Rosberg gained 7 points and Hamilton lost 7 points. We all know who ever leads into the first corner wins 99% of the time if there are no other issues.

The fact is in Australia, Bahrain and Monza he gave away 14 points every race to Rosberg. He essentially gifted the easy wins to Rosberg that he should have won.

You can argue all you want about the clutch, but when a team starts changing the thickness of the drivers gloves, you know there is essentially nothing wrong with it mechanically with the clutch and they simply don't know what the issue is.

Toto himself summed up what was the issue with the clutch.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes I know his power unit gave up in Malaysia, so what? He had 21 races, the longest season ever in F1 to make up the deficit. He lost the WDC by 5 points, meaning any small mistake he made this year also cost him. :rolleyes:

There is no helping you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: look I can do that as well..have another one :rolleyes:

""The clutch, obviously, is not perfect. We are giving it to them and it is difficult to handle," he said. "We have tried to optimise that but our first assessment was that it didn't function well on the clutch release -- dumping the clutch -- but that is obviously an oversimplification. It is a complex system to deploy and that didn't function today."

Thanks for proving my point. Oh forgot you like these :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soldato
My point still stands. if his engine never blew up he would now be the WDC. FACT.
I'm not talking about anyone else. Why you bring them in to this is beyond me.

You can't have facts based on hypotheses.

Citation needed.

No citation needed as I said "probably", meaning it was a guess, which you nicely avoided highlighting.

But if you wish, read the radio transcript then you'll see just 14 radio discussions, 11 of which were in the race. Apparently only Vettel's team told him about debris, for example, which is obviously rubbish in 2016. Nothing to Rosberg, nothing from Hamilton. Do you honestly think neither happened?

The "probably less than 10%" is obviously not from insider information, just a complete guess based on common sense.

Caporegime
Yup, the Mercedes is just obscenely better that it's nearest rivals. Worse, unlike the old days, it's now almost impossible for other teams to catch up during the season.

I just looked at the stats again, the last time I looked and my figures came from 2014, the 2015 beat the 1988 mclaren.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-was-mercedes-2015-season-the-most-dominant-ever/

Most front row lock outs
Most one-twos
Most podium percentage
Highest constructor percentage

The engine rules are a real problem and I don't see them getting caught for a couple of year either.

Gux

Gux

Associate
There is no helping you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: look I can do that as well..have another one :rolleyes:

""The clutch, obviously, is not perfect. We are giving it to them and it is difficult to handle," he said. "We have tried to optimise that but our first assessment was that it didn't function well on the clutch release -- dumping the clutch -- but that is obviously an oversimplification. It is a complex system to deploy and that didn't function today."

Thanks for proving my point. Oh forgot you like these :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You forgot this quote as well

"It is difficult to handle the clutch in the right way and both drivers have worked on that, going as far as changing the way the glove has been done to release it."

"This is just one aspect on how it goes, how you release it and how you build the revs, and that is very complicated, then there is the random factor of getting all of that right and that is not always very easy with the clutch."

Essentially saying Hamilton is not very good at getting those things together. You also want me to get a quote where Hamilton himself has said he screwed up the start? Here you go

Face it, Rosberg beat him this year. Just like Button did & Fernando.

Looking at the pattern of your posting, it seems it is always someone else's fault. So I guess we can then blame Mercedes and the EU as well. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
The reason why we expect the Red Bulls and the Ferraris to swamp the Mercedes at the start, is because the Mercedes are more likely to have a bad start (both Rosberg and Hamilton have had issues this year). This is because the Mercedes clutch is very hard to use well, and gives little feedback to the driver with regards to the biting point. The Ferrari and Red Bull clutches are much more driver friendly, and consequently much easier to use correctly.

Mercedes clutch is hard to use and the drivers make mistakes with it. Make something difficult to use, and it is used with difficulty.

Back
Top Bottom