Advice on Sky, Sky Go...

Soldato
Peoples argument is that you can pay for Sky Go as a stand alone thing without a sky subscription. In this instance though sky go is free as it a free addon as part of the sky subscription.

Its not free, its part of what you pay for, you can buy engines that doesn't make the engine in a car free if you buy the whole car.

It does seem like a massive overreaction to such a minor issue though.

Not if you read the OP's post, he said he only bought Sky to use Sky go, and its not working for him due to a silly design flaw on Skys part, which imo borders on gross incompetence.

It is like going into a supermarket, buying a Sausage roll and getting another one free.....the cost remain the same whether you take the free sausage roll or not.

No its like buying the Sausage roll and it having meat inside the pastry as part of the whole item, you don't get a discount for asking if you can have it with no meat, but you do have the option of taking it out yourself and not eating it if you don't want it.

Have you registered two devices?

Yes he has but their refusing to let him use one of them as its been reformatted.

Last edited:
Permabanned
No its like buying the Sausage roll and it having meat inside the pastry as part of the whole item, you don't get a discount for asking if you can have it with no meat, but you do have the option of taking it out yourself and not eating it if you don't want it.

It's exactly like I said it was.....

You can subscribe to Sky Go for a selected fee without the rest of the Sky Subscription. If you have a subscription you get Sky Go free....

Thus it is a free service to Sky Subscribers. It is not free to non-Sky subscribers.

End of.

If he only wanted the Sky Go, he could have paid just for Sky Go.

Last edited:
Soldato

You can subscribe to Sky Go for a selected fee without the rest of the Sky Subscription. If you have a subscription you get Sky Go free....

Thus it is a free service to Sky Subscribers. It is not free to non-Sky subscribers.

End of.

It just isn't, like I said before you can buy an engine on its own, that doesn't mean if you buy a car the engine is free, its just part of the whole "package" you buy.

Its part of the service he is paying for, not a free extra with the service, part of the service.

Permabanned
It just isn't, like I said before you can buy an engine on its own, that doesn't mean if you buy a car the engine is free, its just part of the whole "package" you buy.

Its part of the service he is paying for, not a free extra with the service, part of the service.

It is free with the subscription......you do not pay extra for it, you do not have to sign up for it, you can buy it without a sky subscription if you want...

It is therefore a free service with a subscription.

You can think it isn't all you like, but you are still wrong.

Soldato
Not if you read the OP's post, he said he only bought Sky to use Sky go, and its not working for him due to a silly design flaw on Skys part, which imo borders on gross incompetence.

then why didn't a) the OP just take out a SkyGo package and b) check these T&Cs before signing up to it IF it was the most important thing to him.

Associate
OP

End of.

If he only wanted the Sky Go, he could have paid just for Sky Go.
A) You can't get Sky F1 without a Sky Subscription
B) If I did pay for just Sky Go I would still have these same silly issues

Soldato
It is free with the subscription......you do not pay extra for it, you do not have to sign up for it, you can buy it without a sky subscription if you want...

It is therefore a free service with a subscription.

You can think it isn't all you like, but you are still wrong.

Okay, you just don't get it, whatever :rolleyes:

did you not think to check these things before tying yourself into a contract?

To be fair it isn't something you would normally check, lovefilm/netflix let you move your licence between devices fine.

Soldato
To be fair it isn't something you would normally check, lovefilm/netflix let you move your licence between devices fine.

I checked lovefilm and Netflix T&Cs for devices before I picked which one to go for, as this was important to me. maybe its just me, but before signing up to things I like to know what I can and cant do first.

Caporegime
Gawd Almighty! Internet drama is alive and well! If you can only add on one device next month that means you have had two devices registered at some point. Because of this you can only make one change. Its not that hard to understand that Sky want to limit a service which was widely abused previously by people giving their ID away to friends and relatives who would be able to watch Sky programming for free. I heard one person registered 18 devices using the old glitch. ! EIGHTEEN!

I dont care what you say either, it's a free service. If you don't use it do you a discount? No. Therefore, free.

Soldato
I dont care what you say either, it's a free service. If you don't use it do you a discount? No. Therefore, free.

I vote sky pull SkyGo as a packaged feature and charge £10 per device like I previously said. then no one can complain. you can add as many devices as you want, as you are paying for the privilege.

or........................you can just be happy you don't have to pay an extra £20 a month and live with this form of stopping people abusing the system.

Caporegime
I was told they're thinking about adding extra changes in the future. Not sure though if it'll be charged or £5 a month for another device or change or free if you have multiroom or what though.

I formatted my machine and lost my access to sky go. No drama, I'll add it back on next month.

Associate
OP
I vote sky pull SkyGo as a packaged feature and charge £10 per device like I previously said. then no one can complain. you can add as many devices as you want, as you are paying for the privilege.

or........................you can just be happy you don't have to pay an extra £20 a month and live with this form of stopping people abusing the system.
Do they give you a portable satellite that I can take with me when I go away for weekends with multiroom??

The whole point of Sky Go is the Go part, you keep babbling on about this multiroom ****, If they offered a £10 addon for Sky Go that give me more devices/changes I would buy it, as it stands they dont.

Soldato
Lols, can't help the OP but to ubersonic - when you pay £60/month for a sky package before sky go was out and then when sky go is out you still pay £60/month for it explain the cost.

You could infact argue that sky go was a represents a reduction in package price with you getting more for same fee and even better when you factor in inflation and the price having not changed.

Or you could be a normal sane person and say its free to subscribers....

Permabanned
A) You can't get Sky F1 without a Sky Subscription
B) If I did pay for just Sky Go I would still have these same silly issues

A) That doesn't change the fact that the Sky Go service is free to subscribers of Sky Services.

B) It is not silly if you consider the consequences to Sky and therefore the free nature of Sky Go to subscribers if you had an unlimited ability to change devices at will.

If you are really unhappy then cancel.....or the sensible choice would be to wait the few days until the reset and remember the limitations next time.

Permabanned
Okay, you just don't get it, whatever :rolleyes:

I get it.......I get it free. My Sky Subscription did not change when they introduced Sky Go, I simply had to register for the free service....the same as 3D and Anytime and now Anytime+

If it was a fee attracting service for sky subscribers my subscription would have increased in line with the additional services.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom