AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Caporegime
Ever since the update I've had issues with the sound on my 2nd gen pro's. I turned the conversational awareness back off because it was more annoying than helpful. Now when using them the sound goes up and down slightly on their own. It's as though adaptive audio is working even though it's not on.

Associate
I've got the new set.

CEX will give me £130 for my 2nd Gen Lightning ones so I thought the cost wasn't too much of a hit for me.

They sound the same but my expectation would be that in a future update you'll be getting Lossless Audio from iPhone to AirPods if the information about 5GHz support is true. I always believed that is how Apple would get around the limitations of Bluetooth.

I did similar, flogged my old ones on ebay and bought some USB-C versions. I upgraded to the newer Iphone, so being rid of lightning just made sense.

Soldato
Ever since the update I've had issues with the sound on my 2nd gen pro's. I turned the conversational awareness back off because it was more annoying than helpful. Now when using them the sound goes up and down slightly on their own. It's as though adaptive audio is working even though it's not on.
I’ve had the same. It’s really random. Hoping a firmware update will fix.

Soldato
I had the same, there’s a separate setting in the AirPods menu. I can’t remember what it’s called exactly, but it’s separate to the adaptive and transparency settings and it changes the volume in response to ambient noise.

I turned it off and no further issues. It’s too sensitive and was changing the volume for very minor noises (the volume slider would even appear on screen when it did it)

Associate
It’s so Apple not to have the USB-C charging case available as a seperate purchase. Like I get it, because you have a numpty like me wanting everything USB-C now so you get another £230 out of me but it would have been nice as an option. Or even go in store, buy the case and then hand over the old lightning one so it gets recycled.

I’ll probably do a trade in like a couple of others have done to make it cheaper but what a fraff. lol

Soldato
It’s so Apple not to have the USB-C charging case available as a seperate purchase. Like I get it, because you have a numpty like me wanting everything USB-C now so you get another £230 out of me but it would have been nice as an option. Or even go in store, buy the case and then hand over the old lightning one so it gets recycled.

I’ll probably do a trade in like a couple of others have done to make it cheaper but what a fraff. lol
I don't have an iPhone 15 so the whole USB-C thing isn't a big issue for me but even if I did I'd just keep a spare lightning cable around or use my Magsafe charger.

Associate

Exactly what I did, had to stump up about £50-60 but the cost to change for me was worth it. My lightning ones were about a year old anyways.

Soldato
I’m in the same boat and thinking as you two. It’s my only device left that is lightening now. My toothbrush is the only device on mini b and it does my head in but i’m not away to upgrade that!

Luckily for me though they all do wireless charging so saves me having to upgrade so early. The airpods case charges pretty quickly even through wireless.

Associate
I swear the latest firmware has made the AirPods Pros sound a notch or two better for the usual music i listen to, could be a placebo. I dont really use the conversational awareness guff, just either transparency or noise cancelling.

Associate
I wish the conversational awareness had to option to pause rather than reduce vol. I tend to listen to audiobooks and podcasts more than music so I end up rewinding anyway.

Back
Top Bottom