Alex Jones..

Commissario
I don't see how anyone can think that amount is justified, it's absolutely bonkers :cry:
Punitive for the fact he basically forced a lot of people who had already been victims of a massive tragedy into hiding because he kept setting his idiot "truthers" on them, making their lives hell and basically putting their lives at risk.

The way he did it when he knew what he was saying was rubbish and had no basis in reality really didn't help him in court when the jury, who were normal people with families heard the evidence, especially as IIRC he kept pushing the nonsense whilst the court case was ongoing thus showing he had no intention of stopping of his own accord.

Soldato
I don't see how anyone can think that amount is justified, it's absolutely bonkers :cry:

Punitive damages are there to punish the person and act as a deterrent so that person never says what they said again. Considering right up until the verdict he repeated his lies I think he had it coming. The man ruined the lives of people who's young children were murdered for views and $. **** him.

Soldato
Could be an interesting watch
kFUrXPgl.jpg

Soldato
I think this is a problem online when strong personalities speak, there are always people who go off and hassle the person being talked about. I see that a lot when channels talk about game releases. Often the person making the comments tells the viewers not to hassle.

Another issue I've noticed is the person speaking often doesn't recognise their own influence and power over other people.

The problem is if any of us speak out in a video we're likely to get some people causing trouble. So the question is how much are we liable for the actions of others, and how can we mitigate against it happening, and reduce our liability to speak?

I've no doubt AJ has exploited the situation to mostly make money. But it would have happened to a smaller degree anyway. The situation in principle can happen to anyone with a controversial opinion.

Of course, if he was directly telling people to approach the people involved then it's an open and shut case.

Back
Top Bottom