Alex Jones..

I can't believe that these are the best people in the UK or US we can vote for.

Ah ok, i thought you were inferring a problem with the vote.
Problem with the people, yep agree, I think just about everyone does.
Biden and Trump are both too old.

UK, well we are seeing the result of Brexit still. (It got Boris elected) But we will likely see that come to an end at the next election.
I would be stunned if whoever gets elected will have anything but a reversal (slight) in the manifesto in regards Brexit.
I would say (as a conservative party member) I fear it will be even harder a drubbing at the election and risks being a more like Blair 3 terms out of government if we do go for someone who harps on about Brexit npt being done properly and small boats etc.
The majority don't give a F about either in that direction.

Soldato
Ah ok, i thought you were inferring a problem with the vote.
Problem with the people, yep agree, I think just about everyone does.
Biden and Trump are both too old.

UK, well we are seeing the result of Brexit still. (It got Boris elected) But we will likely see that come to an end at the next election.
I would be stunned if whoever gets elected will have anything but a reversal (slight) in the manifesto in regards Brexit.
I would say (as a conservative party member) I fear it will be even harder a drubbing at the election and risks being a more like Blair 3 terms out of government if we do go for someone who harps on about Brexit npt being done properly and small boats etc.
The majority don't give a F about either in that direction.
I think most people do care about the boat folk.

Soldato
I think when it comes to immigration there needs to be a new way at looking at it that accepts the reality of moving populations, and also addresses the concerns of people.

The whole issue is manipulated for different reasons by governments that won't take a progressive view on the issue.

I've been watching a few of the Darien videos bald and bankrupt as been putting out recently. Him and his buddy join the journey with illegal migrants from Venezuela to the US.

Many countries are failing either due to mismanagement or deliberate corruption, and the people suffer. It is about time the West helped to better these countries directly, so the people there have a decent standard of living.

Associate
Define "Care about".

Current estimates of hotel costs are around 8 - 10 million pounds sterling per day for hotels/accommodation only. 365 days in a year brings that to 3.65 Billion pounds annually and rising daily. Add to that clothing allowance, mobile phone allowance weekly spending money and legal fees for asylum claims etc it's a large sum.

Nowhere have i seen a long term plan published for what the end goal is for these poor unfortunates. Are they to be taught to speak English and integrate into society or are they to stay in hotels indefinitely. In my small corner of Scotland, our local paper recently published figures showing that there were more male asylum seekers than serving police officers.

The MSM likes to proclaim that it's doctors, nurses and dentists and their families that are sailing over on dinghies to escape the horrors in France but the reality is it is majority young military aged males who are being strategically placed all around the country. England, Scotland Ireland and Wales.

You know how to win a game of chess don't ya?

Caporegime
Current estimates of hotel costs are around 8 - 10 million pounds sterling per day for hotels/accommodation only. 365 days in a year brings that to 3.65 Billion pounds annually and rising daily. Add to that clothing allowance, mobile phone allowance weekly spending money and legal fees for asylum claims etc it's a large sum.

Nowhere have i seen a long term plan published for what the end goal is for these poor unfortunates. Are they to be taught to speak English and integrate into society or are they to stay in hotels indefinitely. In my small corner of Scotland, our local paper recently published figures showing that there were more male asylum seekers than serving police officers.

The MSM likes to proclaim that it's doctors, nurses and dentists and their families that are sailing over on dinghies to escape the horrors in France but the reality is it is majority young military aged males who are being strategically placed all around the country. England, Scotland Ireland and Wales.

Strange... the daily mail are fairly mainstream and we're consistently told that they (not the 'lefty' cabal) get government's elected.

Doubly strange is that after over a decade of whining about it and prodding their apparently friendly government that every year since it's only gotten worse... how very peculiar. Apparently parliament is sovereign but I'm supposed to believe that actually the government has no power at all? How many excuses does one have to make before one realises the truth?

Associate

There are more male postmen than police officers too.

There are also more male delivery drivers than police officers.

Should be be living in fear of Royal Mail and Evri now ?

The rabid right-wing nutters like to proclaim its boat after boat of terrorists coming over, but in reality the majority are terrified families, including women and children.

Easy for you to sit there and judge, you're not the one risking their life trying to cross the channel.

Soldato
I think with Brexit was just the outright lies. We don't have that in our elections normally, they are on the whole fairly tame, yeah some of the tabloids might go too far but that was on another level from the politicians, it reminded me more of US elections and that is not something we should ever look to replicate.
Yes, lies indeed, on both sides.. (https://capx.co/voters-were-misled-over-brexit-but-not-by-the-leave-campaign/) on top of all the lies on the Leave side..

My point is, everything is highly propagandised recently, and media outlets know precisely how to feed in to this, and it's a human hack, people feed of emotion so readily and the more emotional they become, the more they feed, this is universal, not a left or right thing..

This is why your news feeds have (over the last 2-3 years) become endless attention grabbing headlines.. how many times do I see the weather being reported as "Massive 16C heatwave set to blast the UK in December, we give you the exact date it'll happen".. only to be suckered in, click, find absolutely nothing of substance, then when that date arrives, we have a miserable 10C and rain..

This is why Youtube content creators from all walks all admit they've had to do the click bait titles with emotional language/agenda because they work.. this is for boring crap like EV Car Reviews, Tech Channels, etc..

And yes, it of course is rife in politics, the difference being, it's rife on all sides.. This is why everyone on both sides tend to now 'hate' rather than just 'disagree' or 'not like'..

Caporegime
Yes, lies indeed, on both sides.. (https://capx.co/voters-were-misled-over-brexit-but-not-by-the-leave-campaign/) on top of all the lies on the Leave side..
An opinion piece on Capx you say? Well that's not a news source I've heard of before. Lets look in to them...

We are grateful for the generous support of all our sponsors. CapX is owned and produced by the Centre for Policy Studies. Its Director, Robert Colvile, is CapX’s Editor-in-Chief.
Oh the centre for policy studies
The Centre for Policy Studies is Britain’s leading centre-right think tank. Our mission is to develop a new generation of conservative thinking, built around promoting enterprise, ownership and prosperity.

My point is, everything is highly propagandised recently,
It certainly is when you use biased 'news' sources

Soldato
An opinion piece on Capx you say? Well that's not a news source I've heard of before. Lets look in to them...

Oh the centre for policy studies

It certainly is when you use biased 'news' sources
Not sure why the source is remotely relevant, you do know Robert Colville voted remain and was a Remainer?

I wasn't citing the article as the source of propaganda, it just contained examples of remain propaganda being discussed, just a sliver.. there where many many many bits of propaganda used for both Leave and Remain..

I am sure if I posted a link to a Red Bus lie article, it would probably be from a Remainer or remain leaning camp.. which would not undermine the fact the Red Bus was propaganda..

Last edited:
Associate

Yes exactly, it's a moumental amount of money being spent. And the hotel situation is half the reason why this topic is so high up in people's minds right now (the fact you've got brown people living in hotels, and social media makes up all sorts of stories of what they are doing to local women). Amusingly it's all completely avoidable, and if the government spent the money it's put and will put into Rwanda into employing more staff to deal with aslyum requests there would be far fewer people in hotels = less money spent.

... but the reality is it is majority young military aged males who are being strategically placed all around the country. England, Scotland Ireland and Wales.

Be careful there. The approval rate of Aslyum seekers into the UK (after appeals) is over 80%. I think it's well into the 70% on first application. They are generally younger thats true but we know why that is the case. There isn't some grand nuts conspiracy replacement theory going on here (like half of social media says there is). We also know where most of these people come from, the stats are on the Home Office / Government website, it's no secret. Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libyia. Albania was at the top of the list but the government has finally got it's act together (years too late) and got a returns agreement in place. Some are trained, some have extended family in the UK, some speak English - some don't. Some are destitute, poor and illiterate, that's correct.. but then so too are many Brits. So where is the government policy to integrate both of those sets of people to be contributing members of society?

Talking of returns agreements, when will we have one to replace all of those lost after Brexit?

to escape the horrors in France

Irrellevant to international Aslyum law that we have signed up to.

Associate
Many countries are failing either due to mismanagement or deliberate corruption, and the people suffer. It is about time the West helped to better these countries directly, so the people there have a decent standard of living.

We've been doing that for decades. Look at all the money raised for clean water, health centres, AIDs (billions spent by the west on Africa). We also tried the other route.. military intervention, and that didn't exactly go well.

Right now it seems that a lot of African nations are looking ever more East (China, Russia) for their support. The West to many of them point to a colonial past and the cause of all of their issues (previous and current). Although it's amazing how many countries have flurished in the decades since independance and others have just become corrupt.. yet they still blame us.

I'm not exactly sure there is something that Europe or the US can do to help the Middle East and African any more. The people certainly deserve a far better standard of living but I don't think a lot of them want it from us, and we're in a worse and worse position to give it. At the same time we know China and Russia have zero interest in individual persons.. there are always ulterior motives and it will come back to bite them.

I really have no idea what the point of the UN is anymore.. it's whole point of existing is to create stablity and stop aggression against minorities. Ukraine, Yemen, other African states. Remove the security council single member blocking, add more members, and maybe just maybe you'll start to see a slow change towards the better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom