Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
It's not that didn't notice it I was purposely looking for it because that was the reason I disabled vvr to see if it was needed when you've got 360hz refresh. My conclusion was not really but seen as flicker isn't an issue either I renabled it.

Maybe you have a faulty screen . You did mention you had flicker in Windows didn't you? That shouldn't be happening
I have found vrr flicker in Windows. It was caused by a couple of apps I had installed. Razer synapse when open causing vrr flicker in windows + I had a program called fancontrol which also triggered it. But again, it is setup reliant, as when I changed motherboard the fancontrol stopped flicker, but synapse still did. Could be that Darren1967 has an app installed that is triggering it.

Soldato
OP
Yeh, but the issue isn’t frame rate fluctuations. The issue is flicker relayed to how OLED panels work with VRR.

There is one situation that perhaps could be grounds for a return and that's flicker caused by the refresh exceeding the VRR range. It's not that common but some OLED screens have an issues where when VRR is engaged the screen will actually exceed its refresh rate ceiling and when it does this it causes flickering

Here is an example, it's a 144hz Samsung OLED screen and the user has the framerate capped in the driver to 120.

Look what the refresh rate does with VRR turned on. On screens where this happens it creates flickering

Last edited:
Associate
OK, well if its take long a wait, then I think I wont bother buying one now.

By May my game time is going to be severely diminished due to the weather so I might as well wait and buy one around August so I can get it for September when the weather finals cools off.
Are you after the 32” model.? as my 27” was dispatched 2 days after I ordered it.

Soldato
It doesn’t say whether its in stock but you can enter your postcode and it will tell you how long for delivery.

Eek. It shows deliver for me of:

Free Standard delivery by 25/04/2024

In which case as eager as I am, not much point buying it and only getting it a little before May because we will be 4 weeks away from summer.

Which means my gaming pc will be off for a good 3 months possibly more depending on how long summer stretches in to September!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom