Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Soldato
Had to escalate my DELL refund to a PayPal claim in the end and finally had it resolved today. Not impressed whatsoever with their returns process it's far too drawn out and they kept giving me wrong info on the refund status and making excuses as to why it wasn't being paid, paypal resolved in two days following claim due to overwhelming amount of evidence of them messing me around, very cautious using them again from now on.

Associate
On our Dell Premier account at work I can order the AW3225QF for £850 inc. VAT. If they can sell it to businesses for that price there must be plenty of scope for discounts at the current £989.

Also if your company buys Dell hardware you can use the Dell Advantage Discounts for Employees website and that will give you a 5% off voucher that works on the AW3225QF.

Associate
On our Dell Premier account at work I can order the AW3225QF for £850 inc. VAT. If they can sell it to businesses for that price there must be plenty of scope for discounts at the current £989.

Also if your company buys Dell hardware you can use the Dell Advantage Discounts for Employees website and that will give you a 5% off voucher that works on the AW3225QF.
What does it say about the other monitors with same panel, selling for 1250+?
G for greed

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Yep. I personally think I will end up with one for under £800 this year.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a AW3423DWF already. I spotted 3 32" monitors in stock on the Dell Outlet store. As they come with full 3 year warranties I'm prepared to try one within the 14 day return window for a possible £760.00 reduced price.

Wasn't a great start as I failed 3 times to finish an order online with 2 accounts as each time it indicated I was a reseller and couldn't select my delivery addresses. My neighbour has ordered for me via his business account previously so he kindly ordered one for me. So far it has taken over 2 days to get a confirmation and possible delivery date of 29th April!

Soldato

Can you share a voucher code :D

Associate
Search for Dell Advantage Discounts for Employees. Then use your work email address.

Unless you work for a company that doesn't buy from Dell.
Ah you're a legend, I'd completely forgotten about this and wanted to grab a new monitor for my work desk (one of the newer Ultrasharp 120hz monitors) so that's a lovely extra 10% discouunt!

Associate
Nice to see that RTINGS.com have updated their testing suite to finally include proper testing for VRR, including flickering, on monitors. They scored the AW2725DF 5.3 out of 10 for VRR Flickering which I’d agree with based on my own disappointing experiences with it. This is admittedly coming from a perfect flicker-free G-SYNC experience on an ASUS PG279Q IPS monitor for 7 years but, even so, the way VRR works on this monitor is easily its weakest point by far. It’s mediocre at best with flickering occurring to varying degrees in almost every game I have personally tested (which is around 100 so far).

Also, the AW3225QF gets just 5.5 out of 10 for the same feature, putting a final end to my question of what NVIDIA’s G-SYNC Certification actually means on these displays. It means absolutely nothing as the AW3225QF is certified, even has the sticker I believe on the stand, but the AW2725DF does not yet they both flicker and get the same score (I put the 0.2 rating difference down to random variances)! NVIDIA even claim, if I recall correctly, that the certification includes testing for flicker!!!

So personally, knowing what I know now, I would say to anyone looking for a good VRR experience for their games, that if they are sensitive or annoyed by flickering, that they avoid OLED or QD-OLED displays and look elsewhere…

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice to see that RTINGS.com have updated their testing suite to finally include proper testing for VRR, including flickering, on monitors. They scored the AW2725DF 5.3 out of 10 for VRR Flickering which I’d agree with based on my own disappointing experiences with it. This is admittedly coming from a perfect flicker-free G-SYNC experience on an ASUS PG279Q IPS monitor for 7 years but, even so, the way VRR works on this monitor is easily its weakest point by far. It’s mediocre at best with flickering occurring to varying degrees in almost every game I have personally tested (which is around 100 so far).

Also, the AW3225QF gets just 5.5 out of 10 for the same feature, putting a final end to my question of what NVIDIA’s G-SYNC Certification actually means on these displays. It means absolutely nothing as the AW3225QF is certified, even has the sticker I believe on the stand, but the AW2725DF does not yet they both flicker and get the same score (I put the 0.2 rating difference down to random variances)! NVIDIA even claim, if I recall correctly, that the certification includes testing for flicker!!!

So personally, knowing what I know now, I would say to anyone looking for a good VRR experience for their games, that if they are sensitive or annoyed by flickering, that they avoid OLED or QD-OLED displays and look elsewhere…

Doesn't surprise me, glad someone has actually looked into it. I'm holding off for the ASUS 32" stock in a few months then I'll grab one, not ready any reports so far with that suffering with awful flicker like the DELL, you always expect some VRR flicker but the DELL was particularly awful. On a side note I finally got my refund after 16 days from Paypal this morning. Just looked on trustpilot and it seems a very common theme with DELL claiming "system error" when refunds aren't being issued. Scummy if you ask me, totally put me off using them in future.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Shame about the flicker on this monitor. Might not bother upgrading to it and stick with what I have until either they fix it via a firmware patch or next gen ones come out that address it.

Disagree with the comment about avoiding OLED though. I had only a little flicker in a handful of game menus before a firmware update eventually solved that.

Back
Top Bottom