Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Soldato
How is it that on my 27" I have not experienced any flicker of any kind with g-sync enabled? I've played Cyberpunk, BG3, Horizon Forbidden West and recently RE4 Remake since I bought it and it's all been perfect.

My experience is the same except I'm using Freesync. I've played Cyberpunk, Street Fighter 6, Helldivers 2, RE4 demo, Tomb Raider Remakes and others. Lots of varying frame rates. Some locked at 60fps, some maintaining solid 360fps and others like Helldivers where fps can vary depending how many enemies are on screen and I've not seen a single flicker during gameplay :) I play in a dark room and games with and without HDR

Associate
I'm sure this is another one that is down to personal opinion/experience - but, at least for me, the text clarity on the 1440p QD-OLED panels blows the socks off the WOLED monitors.

Probably different when it comes to the 4k 32" panels as at least there's a higher pixel density to take into account - but it's really noticeable going between QD-OLED and WOLED when it comes to just looking at text.

Caporegime
Probably different when it comes to the 4k 32" panels as at least there's a higher pixel density to take into account - but it's really noticeable going between QD-OLED and WOLED when it comes to just looking at text.
Can't agree, I find them about equal but then again I have a great dot pitch in using a 42.

Caporegime
Sorry meant to type 'greater'. I think my coating whilst still being a fairly aggressive matte is a little better than what LG used on those, crazy.

Last edited:
Associate
Glad to hear this. I've been holding off on this monitor as I didn't want to end up with scratches on the screen. Time to order one I think!
It's the best protected display I've ever received so far, so thanks to the unfortunate beta testers :)

Now that I've got the 7900xtx set up I've been flying through games without issue on both and 1440p 360hz (Valorant, Overwatch 2)

I've never been as happy with two displays from the get go, got one for higher resolution and the other for higher frame rates (so I can see the appeal of the LG) to lots of people.

And it doesn't take up all the space on my desk either which is good, can bring them in closer or further away as I feel like it, I wish the 4K display had the full swivel the 1440p one has, as that saves desk space when you need it.

I have one issue though which is my eyes are getting tricked by using curved displays too much and now the flat 1440p feels convex to me until I adjust after a few min (yikes) lol

Last edited:
Associate
It's the best protected display I've ever received so far, so thanks to the unfortunate beta testers :)

Now that I've got the 7900xtx set up I've been flying through games without issue on both and 1440p 360hz (Valorant, Overwatch 2)

I've never been as happy with two displays from the get go, got one for higher resolution and the other for higher frame rates (so I can see the appeal of the LG) to lots of people.

And it doesn't take up all the space on my desk either which is good, can bring them in closer or further away as I feel like it, I wish the 4K display had the full swivel the 1440p one has, as that saves desk space when you need it.

I have one issue though which is my eyes are getting tricked by using curved displays too much and now the flat 1440p feels convex to me until I adjust after a few min (yikes) lol
Ordered! :D

Associate
@Personality+ I see you're AW2725DF user. How do you like it? Do you play any FPS games on it? I'm thinking of switching from 144hz to 360hz but need to justify costs somehow...
Yes that's the only reason to get one tbh, I notice the 360hz vs 240hz way more in general gameplay than in my own reaction times. Just feels that little bit smoother and more rapid mouse icons when you rapidly move it on the desktop beyond that hard to tell. Provided you have the gpu for the specific games you want to reach that number with (even with frame gen) then you'll be happy. And dp only for 360hz hdmi limited to 144hz

Last edited:
Associate
So my AW3225QF turned up today, kind of unexpectedly as I'd received NO shipping notification from Dell and was initially told early May delivery, anyway had a bit of faff setting it up, mainly due to the monitor arm, but good news is it was manufactured in March and shipped with the improved screen protection, no marks or scuffs evident under torch inspection or direct sunlight, panel looks very clean overall, just updated the firmware and will have a proper play around this evening.

pro-x-OGT1-Fuv.jpg

Associate
I bought the Alienware but going to return as brightness isn't great. I hear the Asus has much better brightness. It sucks as otherwise a great monitor and great price.
I went through mine yesterday and adjusted settings, for HDR I'm guessing you've been into the display settings > Smart HDR > Enable HDR Peak 1000?..... I always have the Dolbly Vision Mode set to OFF.

For SDR I've found I prefer 'Game 1' preset and didn't touch anything to dial it in.

Soldato
I went through mine yesterday and adjusted settings, for HDR I'm guessing you've been into the display settings > Smart HDR > Enable HDR Peak 1000?..... I always have the Dolbly Vision Mode set to OFF.

For SDR I've found I prefer 'Game 1' preset and didn't touch anything to dial it in.
Yep colours are fine, just brightness doesn't hit the spot.

Associate
Yes that's the only reason to get one tbh, I notice the 360hz vs 240hz way more in general gameplay than in my own reaction times. Just feels that little bit smoother and more rapid mouse icons when you rapidly move it on the desktop beyond that hard to tell. Provided you have the gpu for the specific games you want to reach that number with (even with frame gen) then you'll be happy. And dp only for 360hz hdmi limited to 144hz
Ahh you gave me something to think about now :)

Associate
Ahh you gave me something to think about now :)
Yeah I was running reaction time tests and I didn't really notice a difference but could tell with the actual gameplay it felt smoother.

So I'd at least be aware of danger or situations faster even if my reaction speed stayed the same.

Now played CS2, MW3, Rainbow Six, Valorant and Overwatch 2 reaching 360hz :)

4K has its own advantages (more detail in mid to long range encounters) but I'll take higher refresh rate everytime in almost every game to be honest except non competitive ones.

So for my own crazy thinking I've justified owning both panels.

Get the cheapest 360hz oled is my answer if that's the Alienware easy choice, I haven't experienced any vrr flickering yet, so I don't know if I got lucky or just don't play the games that trigger it, or my gpu is good enough to avoid the situation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom