Alphacool Apex Stealth - The new go to fan

Soldato
OP
A good thing really
If you achieve perfection
Where's the motivation to continue?
That drive for perfection
Is where your creativity comes from

The problem with that is, i get bored easily so im always looking for something to do.

which usually leads to me spending money unnecessarily.

Soldato
Well that just rubbishes most of Igor's tests. But really is anyone surprised; Igor is well known for putting out crap without proper testing methodology
Yeah the claims were just too outrageous
Fair enough a metal frame might
Be less resistant to vibration
And have a damping effect
But other than that where was all the extra performance
Going to come from
Derbuaer was very careful not to say
Your results are ######## mate
Very diplomatic about it lol
Waiting for other reviews to give same results now

Associate
I was suspicious of Igors results from the off, that big a leap of both noise levels and performance levels is simply too high. I think we are at the point where you pick one or the other, you can't have both with big leaps like that. The tweaking of fanblades can only effect so much and there are laws of physics that have to be obeyed.

I don't think there is anything malicious going on, just that a mistake has been made in testing.

This is what peer reviewing is for though, and Der8auer has done just that. Wait for a few more folks to do some testing.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I was suspicious of Igors results from the off, that big a leap of both noise levels and performance levels is simply too high. I think we are at the point where you pick one or the other, you can't have both with big leaps like that. The tweaking of fanblades can only effect so much and there are laws of physics that have to be obeyed.

I don't think there is anything malicious going on, just that a mistake has been made in testing.

This is what peer reviewing is for though, and Der8auer has done just that. Wait for a few more folks to do some testing.

Exactly what i said, aside from making the fans thicker from 25mm to 30mm there isn't gonna be any huge impact on numbers unless we increase the size of the fans.

Associate
I am just wondering what Alphacool was aiming to achieve here. They are pretty reputable company with good products(certainly better than EK) - but this is WISH level marketing... surely they had known there will be a backlash from it?

Soldato
To me that's WAY beyond a mistake
It's sheer incompetence
First from alphacool
Then from their tester
Not like we are talking about companies/people
Who have no pc knowledge here
It's not exactly hard to test a fan

Unless any other reviewer comes out
And says igors lab and alphacool are correct
And derbuaer is wrong
Then I will have to eat my words lol

Soldato
This is very suspicious.

Why does the Alphacool get more airflow through a 45mm or 60mm radiator than a 25mm radiator, and almost as much as when used as a case fan? It's simply absurd, and there must be something wrong with the data.

Most of the noise 'advantage' in recordings comes from the lower noise floor of the recording equipment. At matched low-mid speeds, the Noctua produces significantly less hum as soon as both fans break through the noise floor. Then the only advantage of the Alphacool is the highly suspect airflow measurement.

At the very least, I think the results have been greatly exaggerated, otherwise this would be an absolute revolution in the case/radiator fan market. I'll be waiting for someone like Ali from Optimum Tech to review it instead, as he's one of the few people I trust with sound measurements.
Quoted as the first to immediately question Igors results. (You must be feeling pretty smug about now. :p)

This is an object lesson why to never make a purchasing decision based on 1 review. Especially with metrics that aren't easily tested by yourself like CFM.

Soldato
Interesting... basically another review saying more or less the same thing.

That was a decent review
They certainly don't look like bad fans at all
Just they over hyped them massively
Guy makes a sensible point
If you only measure specific frequencies
You could end up with vastly altered sound results
Not sure I will be running out to buy them
Since 13 fans in my build that would be a serious bit of cash
Not to mention the added weight lol

Soldato
OP
That was a decent review