Alphacool Apex Stealth - The new go to fan

Associate
Soldato
Yep from the sounds of it, he's redoing everything and it seems he's sacked one of his staff who was in charge of testing... he's definitely taking this seriously.
Well as it seems like at least one of his staff was involved with the development phase of this fan then that would take you into the slightly grey area as a conflict of interest.

So a bout of RDL (Reputational Damage Limitation) is definitely in order.

Soldato
Anyone seen any sort of statement
From the employee
He threw under the bus?
Always 2 sides to the story after all

And one side
Involved here has a much bigger
Online presence
Than presumably the ex employee does
So igors statement will obviously
Be seen by a great many people
Whereas the ex employee if they made one
May not get the same "air time"

Soldato
Igors Lab personal statement on his results and changes he’s making.

Lmao

Igor is blaming an employee for doing the fan review and fired him because Igor got **** on

All this proves is that Igor is as trash as we all thought he was

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Lmao

Igor is blaming an employee for doing the fan review and fired him because Igor got **** on

Definitely not a good look for him tbh, i feel bad for the employee who got laid off. As an employee he would have only followed his instructions and done as he was told.

From the employee
He threw under the bus?

And one side
Online presence

Not yet, i've tried google it and looking for it on Reddit (of all places, thats where i would post it personally).

Soldato
Definitely not a good look for him tbh, i feel bad for the employee who got laid off. As an employee he would have only followed his instructions and done as he was told.

Not yet, i've tried google it and looking for it on Reddit (of all places, thats where i would post it personally).
If you were that employee
If you felt you only did it how the company
Told you to
Wouldn't you be ###### about that statement
Throwing you under the bus
And be shouting about it
All over social media?
Smacks of moneys changed hands
And a nda signed to me

Associate
Lmao

Exactly.
For any serious reviewer, when there’s an anomaly with the numbers, something way out the curve, that should be checked, to either confirm the number is in fact valid or was just an anomaly.
As many others pointed before, not the first time something suspicious comes from him.
I may just be one person, but for me is a straight boycott. Same with Linus. I don’t have as much time available as I would like, and won’t spend the time I got being lied to my face.
Also, there’s many factors that a reviewer won’t be able to explore and/or expose. Personal experience is not an exact science, but other users experience with products generally are more helpful painting a product with the right colours.
Take the P12 for example. Very capable fan, cheap and reliable. But not too many reviewers would mention the humming at 1k rpm range.
And more important than anything, most of them are masked adverts. Praise to the mighty RGB and poor performance. Or the headlines: this case/fan/AIO is God’s gift to the world.

Associate
From the employee
He threw under the bus?

And one side
Online presence
True. But even reaching a bigger audience, for those who can impartially read the situation, clearly the issue is something too big to be blamed only on the employee.
Two options for Igor here:
1- he was behind it, guided or approved what the employee was doing and just ducked out when the whole thing went south;
2- he is incompetent and playing the violin about how little time he have, just makes option 2 the more likely option. Incompetent employing someone trustworthy and competent to do what he can’t/doesn't have time to do, incompetent for not knowing what was going on, incompetent in taking responsibility over something published under his nose. After all, he is the boss, so should act as one.
I’m not the biggest fan of J2C, but when Phill done a video that upset a lot of people, he didn’t let Phill out there to burn. He did what he had to do, and that was the correct thing to do.
For Igor, that’s the problem in life: when you expand and need to rely on others to get things done, you should know how to recruit, how to delegate and how to manage. Or just don’t expand. GN still doing great content with a small team. Or even better, the Mr Matt Lee channel on YouTube. One man band, exceptional quality videos. But only one a week if that. At least he keeps the quality he wants.

Associate
To be fair, there is only 1 fan reviewer that I trust - VSG(techpowerup, earlier thermalbench - he only does fans na WC stuff). He did not even let Alphacool send him pre production samples, still waiting for off the shelf product to be sent to him.

Soldato
Well AI translation is obviously
Still a work in progress
You get the general impression from that
But a lot of obvious errors
A native English speaker wouldn't make

As for any sympathy people might have had
For pascal
Looks like that's going out the window now

Yes people make mistakes
Though I fail to see how in this case
Testing a fans not exactly difficult
But his attitude isn't going to win him
Any fans (sorry terrible pun I know )

Soldato
From Pascal: "I don't understand why everyone is so mad about a fan..Who cares guys get a life."

So obviously that's that :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
From Pascal: "I don't understand why everyone is so mad about a fan..Who cares guys get a life."

So obviously that's that :cry:

I just find it hilarious has Roman tears him a new one in his response. It's kind of offensive, as an enthusiast, 2 degrees matter :D.

Soldato
OP
If you were that employee
If you felt you only did it how the company
Told you to
Wouldn't you be ###### about that statement
Throwing you under the bus
And be shouting about it
All over social media?
Smacks of moneys changed hands
And a nda signed to me

The way Pascal handled this though, he's holding his ground and not budging. He insists nothing was wrong with it still. Definitely pride and ego has probably gotten in the way here?

Associate
The way Pascal handled this though, he's holding his ground and not budging. He insists nothing was wrong with it still. Definitely pride and ego has probably gotten in the way here?
He is showing arrogance, almost to a dictator level. The opinion of the public doesn’t matter. The flaws in his test doesn’t matter. His words are the only true.

Back
Top Bottom