• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon drivers reliable enough to warrant buying one

Associate
I just switched from a 1080ti to a 7900XTX, quite a jump I know. Last few cards have been Nvidia and was a little worried about AMD software as my friend had issues when he got his 6800 last year. Well I needn't have worried, DDU nvidia stuff, installed AMD suite and everything just worked first time.
1 big change I would like to note, I have an Alienware 38 QD-OLED since release paired with my 1080ti, and when alt+tab it took an eternity, the monitor would go blank and several seconds later picture would come back. Nothing I tried fixed this and I just assumed it was specific to this monitor.
Well now that i'm team red, alt+tab is instantanious again. It works as it should, I shouldn't have to try and troubleshoot something so simple, its a black mark for Nvidia as far as i'm concerned.

Soldato
In 2004 I bought a Geforce 6800 Ultra and it died so now I guess all Nvidia gpus are rubbish and break....
Interesting. In 2004 I bought BFG Geforce 6800 GT imported from USA, it worked fine for about 6 months then it died during gaming then I arranged RMA and posted card back to BFG in USA. I was impressed with BFG RMA took 2 weeks for brand new sealed BFG Geforce 6800 GT box delivered to me. The replacement worked fine after 6 months and sold it on ebay when I upgraded to Geforce 7800 GTX. No not all Nvidia GPUs break and died since I bought first Nvidia card Geforce 4 Ti 4600 in 2002, none of it are rubbish!

Associate
There is (or was, haven't played for a while) a bug with DX12 on WoW (both retail and classic versions) which caused a recoverable driver crash randomly. This was on the 7900XT/X models only I think.

Other than that one issue I've had no other problems with AMD drivers at all.

Soldato
Interesting. In 2004 I bought BFG Geforce 6800 GT imported from USA, it worked fine for about 6 months then it died during gaming then I arranged RMA and posted card back to BFG in USA. I was impressed with BFG RMA took 2 weeks for brand new sealed BFG Geforce 6800 GT box delivered to me. The replacement worked fine after 6 months and sold it on ebay when I upgraded to Geforce 7800 GTX. No not all Nvidia GPUs break and died since I bought first Nvidia card Geforce 4 Ti 4600 in 2002, none of it are rubbish!
My first Nvidia card was also a Geforce 4 Ti 4600. Leadtek Winfast A250Ulra or something along those lines

Soldato
Are their drivers now very solid and reliable ?
Screenshot_20240325_154037_X.jpg
We're you in that CS2 team? :eek: :p

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Its not mind blowing is it? When a driver seems dodgy you uninstall and go back to the one that was fine. Just like nvidia users do. Check the driver thread and you will see people have same issues regardless of brand. If a model has a problem you would know about it easily - especially on here. As @tommybhoy mentioned though its good to see the xp control panel finally getting a change! :)

Associate
Nvidia had issues for soon a year with path of exile due to drivers.
ppl with nvidia cards constantly get issues due to those drivers

my amd set up runs the game flawlessly

Soldato
OP
I’ve only had the occasional crash with Nvidia and on the whole they have been very reliable. All sorts of AMD issues over the years but no bought in the last 10 bit from I can gather here AMD are a lot better now

Back
Top Bottom