• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Radeon drivers reliable enough to warrant buying one

Soldato
Yes of course. The only issue I've had lately was on a widescreen monitor if you couldn't get a high enough screen resolution on a new windows install the driver installer's confirm option was off the bottom the of screen so you couldn't click on anything but thats been fixed in the last half dozen or so releases.
Never! :cry::mad: Not since my friend owned Radeon 9700 Pro in 2002, he was so sick and very fedup of drivers bugs and reinstall drivers back and forward every month after broken many games he played, he told me Radeon drivers are absolutely massive pain in ass. I bought Radeon HD 4870 in 2008 because Radeon owners on NvNews forum persuaded me to gave ATi a chance for first time, they claimed drivers was massive improved since 2002 but oh my god not in my experience, the drivers are the worst nightmare hell with tons of useless settings more than very simplify Nvidia driver with very few settings, none of games ran properly after cleaned installed Vista and tried XP SP3 then RMAed Radeon HD 4870 and bought Geforce GTX 260, I was amazed games ran properly with GTX 260 after installed Nvidia driver, it just worked with default setttings. My sister bought Lenovo laptop at Currys around 2014 for work at college, laptop used AMD Llano APU, she texted me told me she bought new laptop, had problems ran games on it then I showed her my desktop PC with Nvidia GPU and my laptop with Intel iGPU, told her the whole truth about Radeon worst drivers then she returned laptop to Currys exchanged for other Lenovo laptop with Intel iGPU and she was happy every games ran worked fine on Intel iGPU.

After 22 years my friend had Radeon 9700 Pro, today he read it and told me Nvidia driver are still the best rock solid for 22 years but he not really surprised AMD driver still suck rubbish very unstable nightmare hell POS. Sadly AMD Radeon driver never changed after 22 years!
In a subforum so full of banal and ludicrous point scoring tosh that its barely worth visiting this has to be up there with the best of them. Well done. Thats not easily achieved here.

Soldato
Yes of course. The only issue I've had lately was on a widescreen monitor if you couldn't get a high enough screen resolution on a new windows install the driver installer's confirm option was off the bottom the of screen so you couldn't click on anything but thats been fixed in the last half dozen or so releases.
In a subforum so full of banal and ludicrous point scoring tosh that its barely worth visiting this has to be up there with the best of them. Well done. Thats not easily achieved here.

What's even more ironic is that was before AMD had anything to do with graphics cards let alone the drivers! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom