• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
OP
AMD may suck with discreet graphics cards but their CPU and APU side is really good for the money.

Not sure about that, AMD's discrete GPU's sell out everywhere, cater for the gamer and the miner alike. Cheaper and faster than Nvidia's counterpart except they don't have a gaming GPU to match the 1080Ti. Yet the Vega 56 / 64 sell for similar prices as the 1080 Ti in terms of mining right now. It's quite genius of AMD tbh. With such a small comparable budget compared to other big company's. AMD have still managed to compete and excel in every market. Console, PC, server.

Really impressed with AMD atm. I think they do wanders with what they have. Their discrete GPU's far from suck. CPU's are good now. APU's about to be very good. Yeah nothing bad to say about em right now. Keep it up AMD !

Also Nvidia's move into automotive was another genius move. Nintendo Switch, yeah Nvidia firing on all cylinders too.

Soldato
OP
Seriously considering downgrading my PC to a Ryzen 5 2400G on release. I use my PC for so little these days that it will be ideal for me. Only really play a couple of low demanding PC games that should be fine on 2400g graphics? Mainly use Xbox One X and N Switch these days.

Good time to re coup money on selling parts too. Yeah I think I'm gonna do this, when can I pre order ?!

Soldato
OP
I am going to sell my R7 1700 and GTX 1070 now while prices are good. Pick up a R5 2400G and wait until, better products, better pricing and a game that might actually require a decent GPU to run.

Barely use PC for gaming these days. Nintendo Switch and Xbox One X take care of that atm.

Soldato
OP
Boom, got my order in. Should be here tomorrow, never thought I would bbe excited about such a mammoth downgrade xD. This will tide me over until Gen 2 Ryzen and Nvidia 2000 series. (I Hope) xD

Soldato
OP
A lot of chip for not a lot of money, the stop gap is installed and it's genuinely impressive. Still am going to look forward to Zen 2 + Nvidia 2000 series in the future, will seem like an even bigger upgrade when it arrives xD

image.png

Soldato
OP
2400G iGPU is so easy to overclock, just type in 1500Mhz core clock and no extra volts needed. Does give it a healthy boost over stock performnace. Only downside is it seems to run at 1500 all the time, not sure how to get it to downclock xD

Soldato
OP
This Intel launch had made me appreciate my 2700X even more. Great performance runs cool and decently priced. This overpricing trend from Intel / Nvidia and retailers is irritating. Could we see another PC market crash? These prices can't be maintained surely?

Soldato
OP
Just made the jump to DDR4 3200Mhz (Sexy RGB ;) )

Amazed this cheap mobo I've had for ages can run maxed. Everything just works plug and play. Very impressed with Zen and it's compability. If can manage as 3000 Series chip in this board too before swapping it out in a couple of years will be icing on the cake xD

Awesome support from AMD.

Back
Top Bottom