Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Soldato
I have been running the test firmware since last Wednesday. First 20 hours or so went really well (63Mbps, 0 CRC down, 0 CRC up).

Line reset took place at 4:29am on the Friday(assumed BT given the time) and then there have been a couple of resets since that one. Line is still connected OK and miles better than before but some CRC activity has been taking place albeit small:
tcdrQqh.png

i also noticed something, you line attention up looks weird. check my previous picture above i have a 17.3 line attention up and yours is 0.1 ????

could be a factor in your dsl resyncs. your max rate up and down looks off aswell and you look like your not that far from the cab...... something fishy is going on with your connection..

Associate
i also noticed something, you line attention up looks weird. check my previous picture above i have a 17.3 line attention up and yours is 0.1 ????

could be a factor in your dsl resyncs. your max rate up and down looks off aswell and you look like your not that far from the cab...... something fishy is going on with your connection..

Current position below:
8sZEPi6.png

Associate
sky fibre, which annex?

hey guys, i am with sky fibre, just purchased the router, got it setup and live, i compared its speed test to previous modem/router setup and its exactly same 39999 / 9999. I am in new build home, fresh cabling (i hope) and street cabinet is 500 meters away.

On initial setup there was an option annex a or b - and i chosen b without confidence. Is b correct?

any tips please state

Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.376_2072

log_zpsd38cea1e.gif

Associate
Annex selection

There is something a bit wonky about the annex selection on this device. Mine always reports being connected using Annex B, but if I select Annex B as the connection method (in Administration->DSL setting->Annex mode) the modem will not connect??!!

There does seem to be some confusion over which annex mode BT actually use, so I don't know if the setting is correct an the log is wrong or the other way around.

My connection speed has continued to be ramped down by DLM until 5 days ago when it hit 22Mbps (nearly half what BT OR connected at), I decided that I had to do something to avoid going back to dialup speeds. After reading about the successes of others on this forum after doing a factory reset, I thought I'd give it a try. I performed a reset and let it reconnect with completely default settings....it's now been stable for 5 days with CRC errors of only 93/24 in that period.

I'm still stuck at 22Mbps at the moment, although last time it took 10 full days of stable connection before DLM ramped me back up.

Unfortunately I did muddy the water a little, because the other change I made was plugging the ASUS into a UPS. I don't want to disturb it at the moment but it could well be that the stability and low CRC errors are as a result of the ASUS being connected to a much cleaner AC supply. I guess it's possible that supply born noise or impulse noise from stuff switching on and off in my house could be at the root of the problems....but I think it's too early to tell at the moment. I'll wait until the DLM pushes my speed back up before I try removing the UPS from the equation again.

Edit: Just looked up Annex details on ITU (standard holders) website:
http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-G.993.2-201112-I/en
Looks like Annex B is for Europe, Annex A is for USA, Annex C is for Japan and the other annexes are undefined in the initial document (probably added to later revisions). The Annex just seems to refer to the bandwidths and specific frequencies used in each region for different deployments. Annex B covers the bandwidths we know are used in the 17a and 30a VDSL2 profiles. Anyway, the conclusion that we can draw is the the DSL settings page is not mapping the Annex mode selections in the drop-down-list to the annex modes that the modem is actually using. Crappy bit of coding from ASUS :(

Last edited:
Associate
Well after another day i am getting the below stat's

nhGuBTj.png

Currently missing quite a lot of internets hehe i really hope the dlm is going to kick in soon and the line remain stable :)

Soldato
There is something a bit wonky about the annex selection on this device. Mine always reports being connected using Annex B, but if I select Annex B as the connection method (in Administration->DSL setting->Annex mode) the modem will not connect??!!

There does seem to be some confusion over which annex mode BT actually use, so I don't know if the setting is correct an the log is wrong or the other way around.

My connection speed has continued to be ramped down by DLM until 5 days ago when it hit 22Mbps (nearly half what BT OR connected at), I decided that I had to do something to avoid going back to dialup speeds. After reading about the successes of others on this forum after doing a factory reset, I thought I'd give it a try. I performed a reset and let it reconnect with completely default settings....it's now been stable for 5 days with CRC errors of only 93/24 in that period.

I'm still stuck at 22Mbps at the moment, although last time it took 10 full days of stable connection before DLM ramped me back up.

Unfortunately I did muddy the water a little, because the other change I made was plugging the ASUS into a UPS. I don't want to disturb it at the moment but it could well be that the stability and low CRC errors are as a result of the ASUS being connected to a much cleaner AC supply. I guess it's possible that supply born noise or impulse noise from stuff switching on and off in my house could be at the root of the problems....but I think it's too early to tell at the moment. I'll wait until the DLM pushes my speed back up before I try removing the UPS from the equation again.

Looks like Annex B is for Europe, Annex A is for USA, Annex C is for Japan and the other annexes are undefined in the initial document (probably added to later revisions). The Annex just seems to refer to the bandwidths and specific frequencies used in each region for different deployments. Annex B covers the bandwidths we know are used in the 17a and 30a VDSL2 profiles. Anyway, the conclusion that we can draw is the the DSL settings page is not mapping the Annex mode selections in the drop-down-list to the annex modes that the modem is actually using. Crappy bit of coding from ASUS :(

Seems like my advice to perform a reset was spot on then.....

Last edited:
Associate
Purchased myself one of these yesterday and plan to set it up on my FTTC connection tomorrow - could someone provide the link for beta firmware most seem to be using currently please.

Associate

What type of UPS is yours? e.g. line interactive or online. Also what method of factory reset did you do? Finally what version of firmware are you using?

Associate
aside from firmware/connection issues is anyone having problems with 5Ghz link and 802.11ac mode?

I am, i have two Samsung Note 3 phones (support 802.11ac) both loose connection to that link, my flat is small and we are talking two partition walls but if i switch to 2.4 on same standing spot, its fine, sometimes it drops even a meter away from the router, strange thing is that phone always shows 4-5 signal bars. Other devices such as tablet, pc and note 2 are fine on 5Ghz but they work on 802.11n standard.

In my area there are only other 2-3 neighbouring 2.4Ghz SSIDs and i am only one with 5Ghz link

anyone?

Back
Top Bottom