Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Soldato
where was that guy that was getting information from asus,
has he passed on all options and issues from here to asus.....

seems there taking a long time to give us some feedback back...
tell ya what else is broken with this router.

VPN functionality does not work i cant set up vyprvpn as a client no matter what i try..

Associate
Seems like my advice to perform a reset was spot on then.....

Definitely looking good at the moment :)

What type of UPS is yours? e.g. line interactive or online. Also what method of factory reset did you do? Finally what version of firmware are you using?

My UPS is a pretty basic APC job, got it a couple of years ago but I think this is the one:

http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BE700G-UK&total_watts=200

I'm using the latest general release firmware (not the beta):

DSL Firmware Version 1.0.1.7
DSL Driver Version FwVer:5.5.1.124_B_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.1

I did the factory reset via the web interface (Administration->Restore/Save/Upload)...I tried hitting the inset reset button, but it just went into some kind of offline mode with the power light blinking....so I power cycled and did it via the web interface instead.

Associate
Asus have stopped responding to my emails since I told them that the last round of settings tweaks still resulted in 2-3 resets a day on the beta firmware. They tried to say its noise on the line causing issues but seeing as DLM has hit me for about 25MB lower sync rate meaning the SNR was at 13+ and since Ive had the homehub plugged back in its been stable for over 4 days now I find that difficult to believe.

I'm glad others are having some success with the new firmware, but for me its still useless.

Associate
where was that guy that was getting information from asus,
has he passed on all options and issues from here to asus.....

seems there taking a long time to give us some feedback back...
tell ya what else is broken with this router.

VPN functionality does not work i cant set up vyprvpn as a client no matter what i try..

Your probably referring to me as it was myself that was given the most recent beta firmware first.

To be honest I've been testing a ZyXel for the past week and only last night plugged the ASUS in again so I've had nothing to report back to ASUS, however they also have not been in touch for over a week now.

I'll drop my contact an email to see if there's any news, but its Sunday so I doubt I'll get a reply until tomorrow.

Associate

I see. That UPS is similar to the type of UPS I have (line interactive). I have the CyberPower CP1300EPFCLCD - http://eu.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups_systems/pfc-sinewave/cp1300epfclcd.htm. One of the main differences is that your model outputs a stepped sine wave (approximated) when on battery power, where the one I have will output a pure sine wave on battery power.

When I next try the ASUS I will try exactly what you did and see what happens, I will make sure that I closely monitor it or somehow set it up so that it won't re-attempt to sync if it loses sync at least once (perhaps with the application I've coded to monitor the statistics).

Associate
reading these posts i am actually now afraid to change anything on this router.

Typical Asus - great hardware design but as always unfinished or problematic software.

Has anyone noticed how router's DHCP randomly assigns the IP addersses? I have DHCP setup to start from .100 and rather than assigning IPs in logical ascending order, it does random so i have .200 or .101 or .120

Associate
Reading this thread reminds me of when i got the DSL-N55U. The wireless and everything worked perfectly but had loads of issues with the adsl modem. I'm quite shocked to see it repeating honestly i thought ASUS would have stopped using customers as testers after that.

Associate
Reading this thread reminds me of when i got the DSL-N55U. The wireless and everything worked perfectly but had loads of issues with the adsl modem. I'm quite shocked to see it repeating honestly i thought ASUS would have stopped using customers as testers after that.

but they sorted it in the end right? i hope so. Its is common amongst manufacturers to rollout product in a rush with some issues but ASUS are doing it at the whole new level. I miss draytek but their wi-fi isnt so great hence i gone with this!

Associate
Mine never worked properly no. I ended up just using it for wireless as the ADSL just kept disconnecting. This was with BT and with Sky. Not sure if they have fixed it now they might have but i kept looking for over a year and all the updates they pushed fixed one thing and broke another.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=11&model=DSL-N55U&SLanguage=en-us this is the forum for the N55U so you can see all the problems it had.

Associate
Well had the router up for few days now and the dsl wont stay up for more then a day this is clearly an expensive product that does not work correctly and i really do think ocuk should do somthing rather then just selling them to more and more people when they know they dont work correctly (and its not like it is only 1 or 2 people with the issue)

O and btw when typing this it cut out again :(

Associate
Well had the router up for few days now and the dsl wont stay up for more then a day this is clearly an expensive product that does not work correctly and i really do think ocuk should do somthing rather then just selling them to more and more people when they know they dont work correctly (and its not like it is only 1 or 2 people with the issue)

O and btw when typing this it cut out again :(

i wonder how they managed to get all these awards and 5 star reviews as advertised: http://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/DSLAC68U/

Associate
Maybe they did not test the vdsl side of the router? or got a different version? or maybe abit of cash?

Whatever the case i have seen 30 pound routers come with better customer support never mind 190-200 pounds this is just stupid.

Ha, even the Fritz is more stable at a similar price tag.

Associate
Maybe they did not test the vdsl side of the router? or got a different version? or maybe abit of cash?

Whatever the case i have seen 30 pound routers come with better customer support never mind 190-200 pounds this is just stupid.

its showing that these are bogus and impartial. what would be next best thing to this model? Netgear nighhawk? I need build in ADSL modem

Soldato
well guys the router does work.
i just wanted a firmware with more information in the connection log like data path and error seconds.... as well as a little less crc errors and for them to fix VPN functionality cause there VPN software is not compatible with VYPRVPN.

but i have been in sync dsl for 11+ days now with no drop in connection and maxing out speeds of around 76down 19up from my 80/20 connection.... with a dsl sync of 79999/199999

haven't been dlm binned though for that meny days up im up to about 800+ crc`s down and 400+crc`s up.

the adsl part of the router works as intended it just seems some peoples lines are susceptible to finky noise or exchange equipment might not get on with the router.

Associate
oh yeah don't get us wrong the router works and the wireless on it is damn good!. If only i could get rid of the silly amount of crc errors i am getting that i have never had before then i would be happy!

Associate
i will ask again, anyone been using 802.11ac compatible devices with the router without disconnecting issues while signal bar is between 4-5 bars? I am not talking about b/g/n standards but ac

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom