Anyone Using an Asus DSL-AC68U

Associate
Can't answer yes or no as I haven't used AC yet, sorry.

Oddly my version is also coming up as 'A', not 'B'.

FwVer:5.5.1.124_A_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.1

I'm using the 'beta' firmware that's unreleased from ASUS. I wonder why this is and what the difference between A and B means (if any). I've tried restarting the device but it continually returns 'A' in the firmware version.

Associate
I was originally reporting as _A_ but I changed my VDSL Annex mode setting to Annex B then rebooted and now it is reporting _B_ FwVer - maybe related to DSL driver in use upon reboot?

====
DSL Firmware Version 1.0.1.7b_testDMT_1022
DSL Driver Version FwVer:5.5.1.124_B_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.1
====

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm using the RT version of this router, but how is the QoS on this? I heard some problems or it flat out not working, so I've yet to turn it on and hoping some people here have tested it enough to see whether it does much.

Associate
I was originally reporting as _A_ but I changed my VDSL Annex mode setting to Annex B then rebooted and now it is reporting _B_ FwVer - maybe related to DSL driver in use upon reboot?

====
DSL Firmware Version 1.0.1.7b_testDMT_1022
DSL Driver Version FwVer:5.5.1.124_B_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.1
====

Interesting, very interesting. I wonder if driver 'A' works differently to driver 'B'. I'll try setting mine to 'B' next time I connect it.

Soldato
Is it worth getting DSL over the standard router? Its about £25 more

Just wondering if I should get the DSL but not use that part of it until all the issues are resolved?

Would I see any benefit from having a separate modem and router apart from the cables?

Associate
Is it worth getting DSL over the standard router? Its about £25 more

I would just for the future proofing.

Anyway i got pretty annoyed yesterday and decided to try whatever i could to try and fix things so i changed to the beta firmware that was linked earlier on in this thread.

I then proceeded to try turning everything on /off again with router restarts to check a lot of ways (literally spent a hour or two :mad: ) anyway eventually i found a selection which only gave me about 10 errors (9 down 1 up) in 17 hours and then dlm'd and actually improved !

DOfywVA.png

GehrLk8.png

It does seem very weird to me that the best settings i have had so far was literally turning one thing on and everything else off but whatever.

I currently think a lot of these "options" have no benefit at all improved pulse protection has no explantation and i have no clue what it does as for bitswap it seems like a good idea but does not work and then there is sra and upbo one can lower speed's if on a very stable connection and the other can mess up your sync rate if it has a problem.

I kind of get the feeling that they need to make a new better dsl driver and they need to make all extra options off by default because if you have a perfect stable connection you could get lower sync speed's and raw speed straight out the box for no reason.

Associate
CRCs finally arrived

And so, having gone 9.5 days before a WAN reset and then had one 24 hours later (no change in speed as a result of either) I'm finally seeing the CRC count increase. I was at around 5000 for the 9.5 days and I'm already at 2500 for the last 36 hours. It is almost impossible to spot patterns.

Associate
Back to the HH5

Sigh... back to the HH5 it. After approx two weeks on the DSL-AC68U and a feeling that the corner may have been turned, the last couple of days have been a severe disappointment. It felt that the CRC errors had crept up anyway (upload CRCs were higher than the download CRCs for a number of days) but having got to 4000 download CRCs and still climbing over the last 48 hours I figured it was time to revert before I was penalised again.

Associate
Well i am also in the had enough group having thought all was well with only a few crc's and good speed it decided to randomly resync me 4 times within 2 hours so back to the hh5 i honestly cant believe the state of this vdsl router it is non functional there are so many people who are having a lot of crc error's or are resyncing every few hours.

I am going to wait a week and if it is not fixed by then i am just going to return it.

Soldato
Asus' "top end routers" are really poor, especially the firmware and it just seems Asus do not care at all. Very poor show.

I had the DSL-N55U a year ago and it was awful, WiFi was slow and constantly drop out, sync couldn't hold more than 24 hours, etc.

It seems they haven't improved much at all.

Back
Top Bottom