Apple vs Samsung, court orders Samsung to show Apple 5 new phones

Soldato
"Apple declined to comment." :)

meanwhile at Samsung HQ:
images

Not enough Asians

Soldato
5 years ago I loved Apple products, but now they are my pet hate. Each new generation is merely The Emporors New Clothes. They no longer innovate, they just litorgate whenever the competition releases a better product.

I am not saying that Samsung are the best tablet/mobile phone producer in the world, but I do prefer them to Apple. Even if pricing was the same I would still buy a decent Android phone/tab over an iPhone/iPad.

Apple should spend more time deveoping their prehistoric square-icon only dumbed down IOS, and less time in the Court Room.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Some people on another blog were saying how Apple will turn this around because their marketing people know what they're doing. The ruling says they can't use font smaller than 14 point Arial but those people were saying that Apple will flip it on the law in a way to give them better advantage.

I have no idea how they will be able to do it but I have this feeling they will :/

Soldato
Some people on another blog were saying how Apple will turn this around because their marketing people know what they're doing. The ruling says they can't use font smaller than 14 point Arial but those people were saying that Apple will flip it on the law in a way to give them better advantage.

I have no idea how they will be able to do it but I have this feeling they will :/

Wont the ad need to be approved by the courts/samsung?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Well the ruling only says they must state that Samsung didn't copy them and they can't use anything smaller than 14pt Arial unless there's something I misread!

Soldato
Well the ruling only says they must state that Samsung didn't copy them and they can't use anything smaller than 14pt Arial unless there's something I misread!

I cant find it quoted anywhere, but I would hazard a guess that the court nor Samsung would be happy if they tried to twist it.

Would be a brave move if they did.

Soldato
Its always a very risky business for apple, even if they win against samsung it takes samsung 5mins to change and bring out a new SIII+ or something. But if 1 judge goes against apple oh well.

Soldato
Seems Apples hard handed tactics are coming to roost!

Apple have given Samsung the kind of exposure they would only dream of, you have to wonder had they not of gone thermonuclear war just how much of the court room shenanigans would have gone unnoticed.

Associate
The tide of the patent war seems to be turning against Apple lately - the latest victim is the patent of the rubber band effect when you reach the end of a list while scrolling (most often referred to as overscroll-bounce).

Apple used that patent to force Android makers to remove the feature from their phones. That's also why Google went with the glow at the end of lists. This patent was used in the big Apple vs. Samsung case too.

Anyway, as of recently, the patent was rejected by the United States Patent and Trademark Office on the grounds of lacking novelty and being obvious (that is, it's nothing new and it's an apparent consequence of something that already exists).
http://www.gsmarena.com/apples_overscrollbounce_patent_has_been_invalidated-news-4985.php

And the streak continues. Lets see if they appeal.

Man of Honour
Finall, why can't they do this before all the big cases. This is what needs to happen, patents need to be confirmed or rejected, not just stuck on the patent books regardless.

That's going to have a big effect on the Samsung-apple trial as well.

Back
Top Bottom