Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Associate
OP
I have ordered a load of aqua computer stuff couple days ago for my new build I'm doing. Thought I would go all out so got with the monitoring. Anyone used the aquaero D5 USB pump before as I got one so could control pump speed through the 5 LT and want to know if anyone has had problems with it?

Hi there, I am positive you made the right choice. as did I. I cannot comment on the d5, as when I ordered my aquaero 6 pro ect I could not find that pump anywhere, I am kind of jealous of you. I want to go the full monitoring route. its a shame ocuk does not sell more of the aquaero line of products, its actually quite vast what they sell.

I myself will be (when I order next month) will be using water temp sensors on the inlets and outlets of my 2 rads il be installing and one water temp in the pump/res combo. I will also be using some air temp sensors also. I am positive with help from this forum, both you and I will be able to set up perfectly the software.
Once I have mine installed I will post back here my thoughts.

This is exactly what I hope this thread will be for, for us aquaero owners to help each other.

Soldato
I have ordered a load of aqua computer stuff couple days ago for my new build I'm doing. Thought I would go all out so got with the monitoring. Anyone used the aquaero D5 USB pump before as I got one so could control pump speed through the 5 LT and want to know if anyone has had problems with it?

I use the AQ D5 pump with no problems.

Just remember to connect it to usb and set it up before plugging in the aquabus cable!

;)

Last edited:
Don
What's PID control?

I'm intrigued how you have yours setup. With mine I just use the water temp, as it gets warmer the fans and pump gradually speed up to keep up with the load.

Dunno if this is the best way but it works for me.
Technical bit:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller

Basically, what I have is, I measure the air temperature coming into the front of the case, versus the water temperature going to my radiators and I calculate the difference - you can create virtual temperature sensors to do this in Aquasuite. This is now my delta T that you see talked about in watercooling reviews.

I then have my fan controllers set with the fans to maintain this at a fixed temperature (called Setpoint control in the software if I remember right). At idle, my fans are off and only occassionally just give the radiators a slight waft of air for a second to keep delta T at 4degC. If I increase the load on my PC, deltaT will start to increase so the controller turns them on for a bit longer and under heavier loads it will run them continuously to keep the temperature difference the same or thereabout. It's fully dynamic so there's no sudden increases in fan speed giving you that annoying sudden ramp up in speed that some controllers give you, all nice and gentle changes.

Associate
Recently got my WC build finished and really impressed with the Aquaero and AQ components in general!

I have a few questions I hope someone won't mind helping me with:

1. I get an alarm on system startup. The pump stops for a second and then immediately starts up again, is this normal?

2. Is there an alarm history? I've been playing with settings to trigger an alarm to see how it works and I've noticed that there appears to be no notification of exactly what has triggered the alarm.

3. I can't for the life of me get Aquasuite to start on windows startup, I have to start it manually. I see this option and also that it requires admin rights to change -this I have done, but still no joy...

Any help/pointers would be appreciated!

Associate
Recently got my WC build finished and really impressed with the Aquaero and AQ components in general!

I have a few questions I hope someone won't mind helping me with:

1. I get an alarm on system startup. The pump stops for a second and then immediately starts up again, is this normal?

2. Is there an alarm history? I've been playing with settings to trigger an alarm to see how it works and I've noticed that there appears to be no notification of exactly what has triggered the alarm.

3. I can't for the life of me get Aquasuite to start on windows startup, I have to start it manually. I see this option and also that it requires admin rights to change -this I have done, but still no joy...

Any help/pointers would be appreciated!

Hmm my LT doesn't do any of that, not sure what would be causing it.

After almost bricking mine i spent 2 hours in aquasuite playing with sensors and stuff... :D

Associate
the great thing about these is i spent hours when i first got mine setting it up perfectly and now i don't even have the software installed after a format because i know the settings and trust it! it displays everything i need it to on the front panel but yeah certainly not the most user friendly setup in the world

Associate
OP
while I wait for my tubing to arrive(nearly been a whole month) I cannot set up my wc build. so I was thinking. is it to much to have 5 water sensors in one system. ie inlet and outlet of rad one(360) inlet and outlet (480) and one on the back of the pump ?.

Or just inlet of the (360) and outlet of the (480) and one on the pump ?

thankyou for the advice

Associate
to be honest i only use one water temp sensor because the temp doesn't alter much around your loop. Have a couple set up for internal and external temp of the pc as well just so i can keep an eye on all the variables

Soldato
I've got AIDA64 which according to one of the guides linked above, can be used to control an Aquaero. I've got 5 pwm fans and a swiftech 240x. Could I use the 5LT to control all of this via aida? (Case, 240x fan speeds). Will it recognise the pwm stuff?

Soldato
Eh?

AIDA etc just pushes sensor data to the Aquasuite software. It has no involvement in DIRECT control, just merely pushes data across.

The Aquaero ONLY controls devices plugged into it.

Associate
OP
Hi guys while I am waiting for my tubing still !!! been a month now lol. anyhow.
I thought I would buy a few more things to go with my aquaero pro 6:

Aqua Computer Flow Sensor MPS High Flow incl USB Port
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-177-AQ

I also bought :

Aqua Computer aquabus / RPM signal cable
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-117-AQ

to connect the flow sensor to my aquaero 6 pro. I presume with that cable I do not need to use the usb side of things, is that correct ?

Even though I just noticed it comes with the rpm cable Dho!!!! teach me to order things in the early hours I guess.

Can I use that rpm cable on my laing d5 pump ?

I also ordered the Aqua Computer Display Glass for Aquaero 5/6 Pro

And the black front plate and x2 Aquacomputer 71160 Temperature sensor internal/external thread G1/4

I think that will do now for the monitoring setup for my system.

thanks for the help thus far

Soldato
Eh?

AIDA etc just pushes sensor data to the Aquasuite software. It has no involvement in DIRECT control, just merely pushes data across.

The Aquaero ONLY controls devices plugged into it.

Perhaps I didn't make myself very clear in what I am trying to get across, :). Would the 5LT be able to control 5 pwm fans and a 240x based on the readings coming from the Aquasuite via AIDA?

I'd like, ideally, to have the case fans increase in speed when the GPUs are working hard and then slow down again when idle, AIDA can monitor the GPU temps so I thought that might work well?

Associate
OP
Perhaps I didn't make myself very clear in what I am trying to get across, :). Would the 5LT be able to control 5 pwm fans and a 240x based on the readings coming from the Aquasuite via AIDA?

I'd like, ideally, to have the case fans increase in speed when the GPUs are working hard and then slow down again when idle, AIDA can monitor the GPU temps so I thought that might work well?

As far as I am aware yes it can do that.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Hey guys a query here.

Can people with flow sensors please post what sort of flow rate they are getting please.

Im getting a bit conserned. when I first built my wc build I was getting around 197-204 ltr.

Now im only getting 133-137ltr is this normal or am I worrying over nothing ?

Cheers

Soldato
Still well over a gallon per minute so nothing to worry about.

I wonder if pumps lose efficiency over time. How old is your system? When was the last time you cleaned it?

Associate
OP
The loop is brand new not even a week old yet. I was just curious about the amount of difference since I first switched on to now. o ahev been actively trying to bleed air out also. but it seems there was more ltr before I started to bleed. than there is now.

Soldato
Yeah ok that definitly doesn't make sense to me. I can't imagine such a drop in such a short time.

Sorry to ask but you haven't dropped volts since your last reading?

Back
Top Bottom